Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Knicks +4?

Was thinking about taking the Knicks, but was very surprised to see so many people hot on the Lakers. Is there any particular reason why so many people are liking the Lakers here? I know, Nash and Gasol are playing, however am I the only one that still isnt seeing much change in the Lakers? That could change tonight, but I just dont see how or why the Lakers should be favored here (seems like all hype to me). Kobe still put up an incredible amount of shots in their OT win against the warriors and to be honest, the Warriors have a habit of not closing out games, so im not surprised the Lakers were able to climb back after being owned for quarters 2 and 3.

Anyway, Im thinking Knicks here, they have the deeper roster, overall better team and most importantly, the Knicks can play D. I think Woodsen might have Mike D's number and will out coach him tonight.

Thoughts? Just wanted to get some opinions.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Knick's have flown across country and aren't looking as great as they have all season lately. I think people expect the Lakers to finally come together here and get a good win. All of my square friends are on the Knicks and everyone on SBR seems to be on the Lakers. Makes it a tough situation. I am stumped here as well ..... Might go with the Knicks

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by nyyanks773 View Post
    Knick's have flown across country and aren't looking as great as they have all season lately. I think people expect the Lakers to finally come together here and get a good win. All of my square friends are on the Knicks and everyone on SBR seems to be on the Lakers. Makes it a tough situation. I am stumped here as well ..... Might go with the Knicks
    well to be fair, the Knicks have been missing some key players during that stretch, Melo, Novak and Wallace all sat out some of those games. Wallace is still out, which I know many people dont talk about, but his presence on the floor does help as he is a 7fter that can spread the floor, along with rebounding.

Im not putting too much stock in the travel, Knicks are plenty rested and everyone had the day off yesterday. So far I am leaning Knicks, not going to lay money on the Lakers because of the "they will finally come together" factor which has been an on going theme all season.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely value on the dogs today. With how slow the lakers have started games you might get a great middle if you bet that way.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I also have Knicks favored on paper. I am shocked how much love Lakers are getting. While I assumed the Knicks would be the popular play it appears the line is causing people to buy in Lakers stock and questionable winning.

The biggest thing bothering me here is the line and that begs the question was that the intention?

The Knicks finally have a team who matches effort on both ends of the floor and "If not now when" mentality is what I think about this game.

my lean Knicks SU

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Yea, the lakers finally clicking mentality seems irrational. Knicks should be the play, 4 is somewhat a lot for them

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Definitely value on the dogs today. With how slow the lakers have started games you might get a great middle if you bet that way.
    Or hammer knicks 1q

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

It's hard for me to argue for the Lakers. Just seven days ago, with Gasol, they beat Charlotte by 1 point in Staples. So The addition of Nash, within 7 days, is going to allow them to beat the Knicks by more than 4 points?

Eagles27

Yea, im rolling with the Knicks (might not work out), but its a pick I can live with. Been fading the Lakers in these "finally they will click" type of games so I am going to continue with that trend (not to mention, I believe the knicks are the better team here). If I lose, I can live with it, but I know if I went Lakers -4 with no reason what so ever other than "they will finally click", I'll regret it. This is a Knicks or no play for me and im rolling with the Knicks. Best of luck to everyone!

Ps. If the Lakers somehow dominate this game, I will have to finally start giving them some respect lol

Eagles27

I have a feeling this is going to be a great game, did Gasol really just hit a three like nothing though? lol No doubt the Lakers are looking like a different team with Nash on the floor, but the Knicks also look like they came to play today.