t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Christmas Day NBA Card

Celtics +3.5 @ Nets - Taking Boston here. This is a Celtics line. Boston wins this game outright and starts off its road trip with a win after a horrific road trip recently.

Knicks @ Lakers -3.5 - Lakers win and cover here. Knicks regression starts now. They are clearly an improved team but I'm not buying them as an elite squad. Public perception down on LA. Lakers were just +6.5 at Knicks and got beat pretty bad. Now they're -3.5? I'm taking the Lakeshow.

Thunder +3 @ Heat - This will be my biggest play so far of the NBA season. Already took Thunder +3 -110 (20x) but will add to it when reduced juice comes out. OKC wins this game. We can use the revenge angle or whatever you want but right now Thunder are a little better than Miami. OKC was rolling but got a loss out of the way Thursday night. No games since then so they've had plenty of time to prepare. No doubt they've had this game circled since the schedule was released - this game means more to the Thunder and they will take it.

Rockets +4 @ Bulls - I lean Rockets here but only a small play. Houston playing some great basketball right now so simply rolling with the hotter squad. I don't think Chicago can keep up with Houston right now.

Nuggets @ Clippers -7 - Obvious Clipper line here. I've been saying all year I don't think Denver is as good a team as they were last year. I realize they've had a brutal schedule so far. Clipjoint should manage to cover this number.

Good luck and Merry Christmas. I will post the rest of the plays as I make them.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of high tempo games tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

BOL

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Lots of high tempo games tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

BOL
    Thank you.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Hey mate.. You still can get -6 with sportingbet/centrebet for Clippers
    Rockets are +7.5, +3.5 for Thunder..
    Where are you getting these lines because they aren't great lol
    Last edited by h3da; 12-24-12 at 02:47 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Lakers should be the top play. Gl with it all.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

I will be all of the Thunder as well

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

all overs tomorrow? good chance

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no way. These are all consensus picks.

OKC won't win. Their the obvious play, Vegas knew that. Ill gladly take Miami at -2 tomorrow if it hits 2.5

Everyone assumes revenge spot. Ill be the first to say Miami sleeps through half the season but as if lebron doesn't want to show OKC and the league their still the best in the show

vaas187

Lakers is solid though!

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by h3da View Post
    Hey mate.. You still can get -6 with sportingbet/centrebet for Clippers
    Rockets are +7.5, +3.5 for Thunder..
    Where are you getting these lines because they aren't great lol
    These are the standard lines. Show me a better line for OKC. You need to re-check these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lakers should be the top play. Gl with it all.
    Thanks bro. Lakers will be #2 biggest play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    There's no way. These are all consensus picks.

OKC won't win. Their the obvious play, Vegas knew that. Ill gladly take Miami at -2 tomorrow if it hits 2.5

Everyone assumes revenge spot. Ill be the first to say Miami sleeps through half the season but as if lebron doesn't want to show OKC and the league their still the best in the show
    Well like I said I'm not even so much going with the revenge angle. I think it has an effect but not so much as the fact that Thunder are better right now and will be ready tomorrow night.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    These are the standard lines. Show me a better line for OKC. You need to re-check these lines.

Thanks bro. Lakers will be #2 biggest play for me.

Well like I said I'm not even so much going with the revenge angle. I think it has an effect but not so much as the fact that Thunder are better right now and will be ready tomorrow night.

Yeah the lines has been re-adjusted.. Australian bookies are very slow at moving lines. They had early Xmas line..

t-wizzle

Lakers -3.5 -110 (8x)
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 12-24-12 at 05:02 PM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good thing about Christmas is its one of the few days nba players actually want to play and show off a bit so you get some good games unlike the rest of the season where they care about playing as much as sbr cares about their book ratings

Spencer19
    Spencer19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Good luck, solid card.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I like three of those five.

The Lakers should be your big play imo. They got blown out against the Knicks last time out and this line is telling me that they win pretty easily here. It's a big revenge type of game.

I think the Knicks are overrated. While I've bashed LA all season, this might be a good time to start betting them as I feel like they'll be some value with them.

Knicks are overvalued.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I love the Over in the OKC/Miami game much more then I like OKC with the points. My biggest play is gunna be on Boston, however. Good to see we share the same opinion

vaas187

yeah, tomorrow i may go small on a couple things, nothing large though. no really juicy spots, everything is a tight grab. nobody will really be sharp tomorrow with such a small card.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

celtics... have you watched them play lately?

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I'm all over Celtics.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Why isn't Brooklyn -4.5 or more here?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I like the Lakers/Knicks Under.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be home cooking all day for the faves. Celtics look weak, and doubt they cover in Brook. Thunder are just not good enough to beat the Heat, and certainly not in Miami on this holiday. You can factor revenge all you like, but Lebron neutralizes K.D., and Wade neutralizes West. What'a left is a quality Miami team that has no problem with OKC. And Chi-Town can more than hang with Houston who is a dismal 3-7 on the road, and you want to bet them in front of the Chicagonians?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Why isn't Brooklyn -4.5 or more here?
    name recognition.. its the celts, you right line should be higher, just disagree why it isnt,,line says it all as in ppl still bet bos not that they gonna win...think you gotta take crookland at the short number...like your laker play but thinking over is better maybe, defense optional in that one (1st half over might be better as defense will pick up late in gm in crunch time),,same with okc, dont mind that play but again a gm i think there be more offense on display than defense..gl wizzle (cept on bos, lol)...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Gotta hand it nba. 5 games on xmas.

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    have you watched the Nets play lately? they're just as bad if not worse

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I like three of those five.

The Lakers should be your big play imo. They got blown out against the Knicks last time out and this line is telling me that they win pretty easily here. It's a big revenge type of game.

I think the Knicks are overrated. While I've bashed LA all season, this might be a good time to start betting them as I feel like they'll be some value with them.

Knicks are overvalued.
    which three do you like?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just take all the Unders tomorrow and you will come out a winner.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

GL boss.

Looking forward to spending boxing day watching 12 hours of ball.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't have a strong opinion on any of these games but I like the Nets for some reason. But the Celtics have screwed me this year so when I go against them, they'll finally play well.

The Architect
    The Architect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Lakers are the play, but not for much longer if the line keeps going up. Knicks are very good, this is a huge statement game for Melo. It's also a huge statement game for Kobe and the Lakers. With Nash back , we are now going to watch what we thought we were going to be watching all along..With Nash in the game, this offense is 10x more efficient than it was with Kobe Bryant initiating everything. Tyson Chandler really has owned Dwight in the past, so that should be a constant battle. Kobe is the xfactor..nobody on the Knicks can stop Kobe as much as Artest MWP can hinder melo. Lakers win but close game.

I wouldn't touch the OKC/MIA game. OKC is the logical play, the Heat have turned things on recently, I think this might be a game that everybody gets actually gets up for being that this is a huge measuring test for them at this point in the season. Exactly 1/3 of the way into the season, Spoelstra has had time to work rotations and piece together how he is going to use everybody on defense and how he is going to get everybody their touches and FGA's. This game will either come down to the very last possession, or it will be an OKC blow out - which happens if the Heat just aren't sharp and don't want to reveal too much of their hand to OKC. I think its the former, and that LBJ will play flawlessly, trip doub maybe.

Boston, obvious play. You're not laying points against boston in this spot and feeling comfortable.

Rockets are hot, no real feel for this game. Bulls are pretty unpredictable, usually stellar defense but you never know how much they will score. Toss up

Clippers line seems a bit much to me. Clippers are hot, Denver is not. Denver can score though...i am also a firm believer that there is always more value in betting against long streaks rather than betting with them...I would take Denver and the points here easily, 7 is too big for this kind of primetime game. Small play on Denver ML too. not saying they are goign to win, but denver should keep this close at the end...it'll be a free throw game.

BOL
    Last edited by The Architect; 12-25-12 at 03:18 AM.

MTM
    MTM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

early leans. boston, lakers, chicago

will look into it more closely but really liking la
    last matchup i was very much with nyc and couldnt understand why people loved la so much. back then they had no chemistry happening and new york did. la have scrapped some games together and have some players back while new york have cooled down a bit from their hot start to the season and their shooters not as efficient from beyond the arc

i keep waiting to see brooklyn play consistently good basketball and keep getting disappointed by them. im going to watch a few boston games but i agree with a few ppl here and leaning boston. i did notice though that boston (garnett particularly) were really struggling last game with hitting open shots. he should have it sorted out right?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    early leans. boston, lakers, chicago

will look into it more closely but really liking la
    last matchup i was very much with nyc and couldnt understand why people loved la so much. back then they had no chemistry happening and new york did. la have scrapped some games together and have some players back while new york have cooled down a bit from their hot start to the season and their shooters not as efficient from beyond the arc

i keep waiting to see brooklyn play consistently good basketball and keep getting disappointed by them. im going to watch a few boston games but i agree with a few ppl here and leaning boston. i did notice though that boston (garnett particularly) were really struggling last game with hitting open shots. he should have it sorted out right?

I think Boston has a successful road trip. Very important for them.

vaas187

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Lakers are the play, but not for much longer if the line keeps going up. Knicks are very good, this is a huge statement game for Melo. It's also a huge statement game for Kobe and the Lakers. With Nash back , we are now going to watch what we thought we were going to be watching all along..With Nash in the game, this offense is 10x more efficient than it was with Kobe Bryant initiating everything. Tyson Chandler really has owned Dwight in the past, so that should be a constant battle. Kobe is the xfactor..nobody on the Knicks can stop Kobe as much as Artest MWP can hinder melo. Lakers win but close game.

I wouldn't touch the OKC/MIA game. OKC is the logical play, the Heat have turned things on recently, I think this might be a game that everybody gets actually gets up for being that this is a huge measuring test for them at this point in the season. Exactly 1/3 of the way into the season, Spoelstra has had time to work rotations and piece together how he is going to use everybody on defense and how he is going to get everybody their touches and FGA's. This game will either come down to the very last possession, or it will be an OKC blow out - which happens if the Heat just aren't sharp and don't want to reveal too much of their hand to OKC. I think its the former, and that LBJ will play flawlessly, trip doub maybe.

Boston, obvious play. You're not laying points against boston in this spot and feeling comfortable.

Rockets are hot, no real feel for this game. Bulls are pretty unpredictable, usually stellar defense but you never know how much they will score. Toss up

Clippers line seems a bit much to me. Clippers are hot, Denver is not. Denver can score though...i am also a firm believer that there is always more value in betting against long streaks rather than betting with them...I would take Denver and the points here easily, 7 is too big for this kind of primetime game. Small play on Denver ML too. not saying they are goign to win, but denver should keep this close at the end...it'll be a free throw game.

BOL
    ive played all the exact same.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Good luck Wizzle. I'm headed to Vegas first thing in the morning. Might tail a play or two here. Haven't played NBA in a while, hows the year been treating you?

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Thoughts on these plays?

Brooklyn 1-10

Clippers + Lakers ML parlay.

12 Last