pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

help understanding line movement

i need help regarding nba line movement yday. and i would really appreciate your help. it is knicks vs wolves game.
    all day long line was moving up for over line. in the morning the margine was 194.5 but it raised till 200.5. that would not be too strange but it was clear that kevin love, best wolves player will not play the game. also line on wolves was also dropping from 4.65 to 4.18. the game was huge under and it ended 94-91 for knicks. im new at nba but i would really like to learn some things. why did they change the line even though wolves best player didnt play and it was clear that it will be under game.

pipita17
    Update your status

anybody..???..i know that question sounds a little bit silly but still i was very confused what to play when i saw line moving..

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Clearly some sort of money was coming in on the over, be it sharp, or just tons of public $$. Maybe people figured without Love to rebound/play inside the Wolves would play a faster pace, which equals more scoring. Or that the lack of Loves D would lead to more scoring. Playing line movements is a losing battle IMO, you want to be on the correct side of the movement, but just cause a line moves one way or the other doesn't mean it will finish a certain way.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

All line movement Isn't good,at times sharp money comes in buys one side,just to turn around and buy the other side at a better price.

Good luck.

pipita17
    Update your status

tnx guys for help.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    All line movement Isn't good,at times sharp money comes in buys one side,just to turn around and buy the other side at a better price.

Good luck.
    This. College basketball totals