MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bettings Overs/Unders Totals in Basketball = Recipe to Betting Bank rapage...

If anyone can prove me they are profitable from these bets alone, I will commend you good sir.

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Search all posts by KhmerKid.

shipsn2010
    shipsn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is profit in betting totals in the NBA. I bet totals and sides in the NBA and both are equally profitable for me.

MakinItHappen

^Would you mind recording your bets on overs/unders in this thread for the next month? I can't believe more than a very minority of people would be profitable from these bets.

shipsn2010
    shipsn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

12-22-12

1. Lakers/Golden State O 205
    2. Charlotte/Denver O 204
    3. Indiana/New Orleans U 183
    4. Atlanta/Chicago U 187
    5. Detroit/Washington U 188

< Pick> Denver-13
    Last edited by shipsn2010; 12-22-12 at 08:19 AM. Reason: me

MakinItHappen

Alright, should be interesting to see how this goes then....

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

ive had a tough time shaking totals

lost an easy bucks under last night because of OT.. then knicks put up 45 in the 4th q to kill that under

crapshoot

MakinItHappen

Don't bet em, simple.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

NBA totals have low limits in Vegas compared to sides and NFL. NBA totals can move the most making them the most profitable of the major sports IMO (excluding NCAA)

sbrhgary
    sbrhgary's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

The Giant is 9-2.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post
    If anyone can prove me they are profitable from these bets alone, I will commend you good sir.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post
    The most important thing is to get a handle on the likely pace of the game, and everything flows from there; in other words, you can't just say it's two high scoring teams, so therefore it should be a high scoring game.

For example, 42% of Denver's shot attempts this season have come within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock according to 82games.com. On the flip side, only 32% of New Orleans shot attempts come within the first 10 seconds.

It may not seem like a huge difference, at first, but whereas a Denver game might have as many as 4-5 shots over the course of a minute, you might only get 3 in the Hornets game - add that up over the course of a game, and it makes a gigantic difference.

Of course, like everything else, it's not an exact science: teams can go cold from the field, teams can get hot from the field, teams might fall behind and be forced to run, teams might get into a tight game and try to work the clock.

Just saying if you put in the work, totals can be just as profitable as anything else.