MrTwiz
    MrTwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Lakers comeback?

Any takers? Idk about them losing by 10 at home to the jazz. But what will 2nd half line be? -12
    Last edited by MrTwiz; 12-09-12 at 09:31 PM. Reason: 10 not 20

TruthTables
    TruthTables's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

i'm eagerly anticipating the line (will be betting Utah)

absolutely shocked it closed at 7. utah is a better team (at least right now).

i have them spread and ML already

MrTwiz

Jamison cant defend the water on the bench. Shits sad. Want to take the lakers but they look pathetic on defense

MrTwiz

-7 and 104!!!! o/u unreal 104

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Any leans on it maybe the over?

MrTwiz

No foul calls currently. Should change 2nd half and if the lakers are coming back they have to score. Its a bad team right now idk if im taking em

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Jazz +7 and over 104.

RG3ING

I remember a game last week I had I bet against lakers at half they torched the team by 30 I think in 2h don't wanna get burned again with the +7

TruthTables

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    I remember a game last week I had I bet against lakers at half they torched the team by 30 I think in 2h don't wanna get burned again with the +7
    that's bad logic (and gambling in general); was that team the jazz? if not, you should weigh that data point accordingly

people think the lakers are gods. they can definitely come back and win this game, but considering the pregame line was +7, and now we have more data to rely on (jazz up 9 at half), i think jazz +7 is a very generous line. i'm considering it as good of a line as you get in gambling.

that being said, if everyone bets utah then the line will move down, so feel free to keep betting LAL

RG3ING

If u were getting the jazz +7 before tip an the at half ur basically getting jazz-2 I don't think it's smart line at all I have no idea how u think the +7 half line is a smart bet!!

BXbomber11
    BXbomber11's Avatar Become A Pro!

If u were getting the jazz +7 before tip an the at half ur basically getting jazz-2 I don't think it's smart line at all I have no idea how u think the +7 half line is a smart bet!!

correct sir

TruthTables

ugh, you're missing some important stuff:

1) we have more data. if before this game we knew jazz were up 9 at the half of a hypothetical game, the line would not have opened at -7. most likely something closer to a PK. it's evidence that the line was wrong.

2) the jazz were getting +7 points over the course of an entire game. there are only 24 minutes left to play now.

if you think your logic is correct, you should be asking yourself why the line isn't Jazz+16 in order to recalibrate back to the original lakers-7 line. answer: it's because of the reasons i just explained

but by all means, think the lakers are a magical team with winning pixiedust they'll sprinkle all over themselves for the 2H

BXbomber11

the halftime line RARELY matches up to what would equal the original line. the books have more data as well, seeing that the jazz won the first 24 minutes by 16 points based on their initial calculations. So ya, theres logic to what you say but ya the line definitely would not be a number that would indicate what the initial line was because half the game is over.

RG3ING

I understand the lines rarely line up but if u got them at +7 at start of game why would u even consider taking them at -2 at half most likely ur gonna split ur bets there is no need to take them 2h

TruthTables

I understand the lines rarely line up but if u got them at +7 at start of game why would u even consider taking them at -2 at half most likely ur gonna split ur bets there is no need to take them 2h
    i just like the bet a lot; not gonna not bet it because i've already bet for the game

RG3ING

Quote Originally Posted by TruthTables View Post
    i just like the bet a lot; not gonna not bet it because i've already bet for the game
    That is degenerate betting at its best you already looked to have the game wrapped up an you bet a 2h line that takes 9pts off ur original bet losing system guaranteed smart cappers would be willing to middle a bet an take the chance of scooping both bets instead of shrinking there original bet by 9pts if they were going to make a bet at all

BXbomber11

no no i wouldnt take it no way, im just saying. it is a risky bet but the line is definitely right around where it should be with data at hand

BXbomber11

def degenerate play lol but hey last possible bet of the week haha BOL to whoever took it, ill ride out my over 208

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

lakers fade show!!

TruthTables

That is degenerate betting at its best you already looked to have the game wrapped up an you bet a 2h line that takes 9pts off ur original bet losing system guaranteed smart cappers would be willing to middle a bet an take the chance of scooping both bets instead of shrinking there original bet by 9pts if they were going to make a bet at all
    it all depends on how much i like the line. i think the public vastly overrates the lakers

TruthTables

Yawn. Good win here.

Also, Lakers are 9-12. Don't know if anyone knew that.

PremierWagers
    Update your status
    PremierWagers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2479

yea jazz 7 at half was an easy bet especially when you have Dwight Howard on the court. Even if Lakers would of came back jazz would have went in to "hack a Howard mode." to get the win

MrTwiz

All in all I bet the over with the lakers having to score to comeback. Its a winner. Lakers are now the suns of 2009. Book overs asap. Even with nash they will just score more and still give up a ton. Thx for the insight guys gnite

BXbomber11

it all comes down to would u be willing to double ur initial bet with a new line of utah -2 for the game or just ride out the initial game wager with utah now +16 for the game...its pretty easy to see where obvious money would be but if you lean heavy on utah to win the game outright based on what the halftime score is then ya all respect to betting it

RG3ING

Looks like everyone hit 2h plays good job love when the books lose!!