RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Do you even watch an entire NBA game?

I find the NBA somewhat painful to watch most of the time. Majority of teams play horrendous team ball.

Not to mention, you can't gauge a game until late into it. First half almost means nothing when spreads aren't DD and even then, any team can open it up in the 4th.

I personally can't turn on an NBA game and watch it from start to finish even when I have money on it. I usually start paying attention at the start of the 4th.

Exceptions, of course, are "better" matchups, as well as (with most long season sports) the playoffs. The NBA is all "my turn to shoot" and I just can't stand that sort of ball, being one who has played the game since I could walk and at the point guard position. Maybe I'm just biased.

What say you guys?

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    I find the NBA somewhat painful to watch most of the time. Majority of teams play horrendous team ball.

Not to mention, you can't gauge a game until late into it. First half almost means nothing when spreads aren't DD and even then, any team can open it up in the 4th.

I personally can't turn on an NBA game and watch it from start to finish even when I have money on it. I usually start paying attention at the start of the 4th.

Exceptions, of course, are "better" matchups, as well as (with most long season sports) the playoffs. The NBA is all "my turn to shoot" and I just can't stand that sort of ball, being one who has played the game since I could walk and at the point guard position. Maybe I'm just biased.

What say you guys?
    Two days ago I watched the last 5 minutes of about 5 different games. The last 5 minutes is when it starts to finally get interesting and even then nearly all the games seem to hit close to the spread or total.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

no unless its on at a bar and i inadvertently watch it

still than don't pay attention until the end

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I half pay attention the first half and into the 3rd quarter, really doesn't matter until the last few minutes then I start to worry.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can usually hear a pin drop in most of the arenas.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Can usually hear a pin drop in most of the arenas.
    Yeah the Hawks crowd was embarrassing the other night. National TV game and they were winning most of the game, yet they didn't even seem to clap.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The majority of my NBA wagers are on unders.

I haven't watched a minute of any of those games.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

waste of time. will tune in in 4th quarter if its a a close contest and teams i want to watch

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Yes, when I have a bet on the game I will watch the whole thing if I'm free

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

People say they wait till the 4th quarter to tune in but imo the 4th is usually the worst time to watch a NBA game. Refs take over and the final 8 minutes usually consists of both teams being in the penalty. Nothing but 5-8 mins of FTs to decide who wins a game.

chipleader
    chipleader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

last possession can make or break

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

no one watches the nba, it's a horrendous product

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Rarely full nba game.

did watch entire Georgetwn/ TN game last week

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I spank my monkey during half time if that matters.

RetardStrength

Lol

College bball... That's where it's at. Only problem is when a team is getting buried early, chances are they get buried the rest of the game. NBA, teams open up on 15 point runs (leads) and the game is tied 5 mins later... Half the reason it just doesn't interest me until late in the game.

I enjoy college so much more because obviously they play harder for the entirety of those 40 minutes, and, coaching has so much more of an influence on the game.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

playoff games yes

reg season games occasionally if i have good action

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

I watch horrendous amounts of NBA...sometimes I feel like I would be better off watching more college ball like most smart people

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't watched a full NBA game in at least ten years.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    I spank my monkey during half time if that matters.
    10-20 black men playing with balls gets you that fired up?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

rarely

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    10-20 black men playing with balls gets you that fired up?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Unbelievable all the nba hate in this thread. If you all hate the nba so much why don't you run along over to the nascar forum.

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Great question. Way to painful. I check in every 20 mins on line or nba pass. Can only tolerate watching 4 th quarter

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

if they would get rid of the 20 timeouts it would better. Horrible to watch a 2 min timeout to wait for them to come out just to call another timeout. I penetrating hate the last few minutes of a game. Commericals commericals commericals..

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Lol

College bball... That's where it's at. Only problem is when a team is getting buried early, chances are they get buried the rest of the game. NBA, teams open up on 15 point runs (leads) and the game is tied 5 mins later... Half the reason it just doesn't interest me until late in the game.

I enjoy college so much more because obviously they play harder for the entirety of those 40 minutes, and, coaching has so much more of an influence on the game.
    So you're saying college basketball can be more lopsided, and the NBA has so much more back and forth and lead changes throughout the course of the game. Don't you find the back and forth games more entertaining to watch? I don't see how that's a point that cbb is better.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get tired of college because its a freaking turnover fest.

Lol

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I usually record every game and watch every minute of every game. It's the only way you can dissect each team's playing to help you with your betting.
    Points Awarded:

sando gave Seaweed 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze0, and Smoke

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's so ridiculously rigged. I do however need to watch as much a possible for research although the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter is all that really matters.

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolodolo21 View Post
    So you're saying college basketball can be more lopsided, and the NBA has so much more back and forth and lead changes throughout the course of the game. Don't you find the back and forth games more entertaining to watch? I don't see how that's a point that cbb is better.
    Yes college can be more lop sided. And those games are deplorable to watch as well. Kinda like FL - FL St the other night. One of the supposed "better" televised games and it was almost embarrassing to watch. I felt bad for Fl St I had to turn it off.

I'm saying, in general, the "quality" of the product of basketball is better in college. I get tired of watching these "stars" go 1 on 1 in the NBA. Not much ball movement. It's just bad ball in the pros. A "close" NBA game can have it's value in excitement but compare that to a close televised college game.... Ill rather college all day

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Yes college can be more lop sided. And those games are deplorable to watch as well. Kinda like FL - FL St the other night. One of the supposed "better" televised games and it was almost embarrassing to watch. I felt bad for Fl St I had to turn it off.

I'm saying, in general, the "quality" of the product of basketball is better in college. I get tired of watching these "stars" go 1 on 1 in the NBA. Not much ball movement. It's just bad ball in the pros. A "close" NBA game can have it's value in excitement but compare that to a close televised college game.... Ill rather college all day
    ^^^What I've found is that these are the people who watch the games on ESPN that almost always feature the Lakers, Thunder, Heat, Knicks (big market teams with superstars) and assume that the rest of the NBA is like that. "No ball movement?" GMAFB. Watch the Grizzlies. Watch the Warriors. Plenty of examples but a lot of you college touting effers are too lazy to watch a team that's not on ESPN all the time.

"It's just bad ball in the pros"

LOL. I'll never understand why people think a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds kids is a higher quality of basketball than professionals. Can you not see the difference in basketball IQ between the two? It's staggering. College kids rarely have a clue (this is true in general, not just in basketball

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Haven't watched a single minute of any fukkin game all fukkin season.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Unbelievable all the nba hate in this thread. If you all hate the nba so much why don't you run along over to the nascar forum.
    lol, thats what i was thinking. I love watching the games. I usually watch multiple games. Id say thats why I make pretty good picks for myself because I can actually guage the momentum of many teams/ players, how well they play under fire, come back from deficits, match up with particular players (and then guage their performance over other similar player styles), how well they come back or play after 1H etc etc etc.

I see a lot of ppl complain about how hard NBA is to cap. After seeing this thread I now understand why most ppl don't win in it. NBA is my favorite sport to watch

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Horrible league. Wake me up for the playoffs.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    ^^^What I've found is that these are the people who watch the games on ESPN that almost always feature the Lakers, Thunder, Heat, Knicks (big market teams with superstars) and assume that the rest of the NBA is like that. "No ball movement?" GMAFB. Watch the Grizzlies. Watch the Warriors. Plenty of examples but a lot of you college touting effers are too lazy to watch a team that's not on ESPN all the time.

"It's just bad ball in the pros"

LOL. I'll never understand why people think a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds kids is a higher quality of basketball than professionals. Can you not see the difference in basketball IQ between the two? It's staggering. College kids rarely have a clue (this is true in general, not just in basketball

Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    if they would get rid of the 20 timeouts it would better. Horrible to watch a 2 min timeout to wait for them to come out just to call another timeout. I penetrating hate the last few minutes of a game. Commericals commericals commericals..
    what's funny about this is my 9 year old daughter just figured out that the little marks underneath the team names on the screen mean how many timeouts they have left, and even she was like "they don't really get that many timeouts do they?"

123 Last