lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Lakers getting 8 in OKC

Thoughts? Books begging for lakers action? Seems like a lot of points.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Same/similar line as playoff series last year and regular season matchup.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Is this really lb? You asking for info/advice? We all know what your play will be.

MrVJP
    MrVJP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Line was projected to be -8/-8.5 by the comps (said this Wed night). Books put it at -7.5 and the plays have been on OKC to move it to -8. As a fan, I don't bet against them ever. I either play or stay off. I will play this and probably lose but I don't really care I cover well enough in my other plays
    Key here is OKC 3pt % and Lakers rotating defense. Best vs the worst. Perkins defends Dwight well most of the time. No one can stay in front of Westbrook. Don't even know if Pau is playing- doubt it. Only bright spots here are Jamison bringing Ibaka a little outside of the paint-- which he is reluctant to do (he really is an overrated OVERALL defender: great shot blocker doesnt equate to great defender) so if Jamison is hot it'll open up the offense for everyone else. Also, Eric Maynor is playing like absolute utter garbage which is a good thing (since I am a Laker fan) and Brooks doesn't seem to want to give Jackson a try.. there's like 20 more things I can say here but you get the point-- it doesn't look good unless Meeks and Jamison are on fire.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakers are okc bunnies..be careful.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Thunder or no play.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Yea take okc with points, Lakers can't stop them.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Same/similar line as playoff series last year and regular season matchup.
    But teams are not the same. I say lakers win su.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    But teams are not the same. I say lakers win su.
    Same bro. Game means more to Lakers. Thunder already proved to themselves they can beat LA.

Lakers not that much different though with Nash out. Replace Bynum with Howard and a few other pieces.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Thoughts? Books begging for lakers action? Seems like a lot of points.
    Weren't the books begging for Knicks action tonight? Whoops.

shimeon40

okcfire up against kobe..they like pumping the lakers...

shimeon40

depends no pau no nash..no chance...no chance at all.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You make me laugh. What was the heat line supposed to be sir?

shimeon40

whos been saving lakers?..kobe..who do okc can't tolerate?..kobe

t-wizzle

Game isn't even comparable with the Melo situation.

LB what you think Lakers line does? Will it stay in the 7/7.5 range or go back to 8/8.5?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So the 12-4 Heat were between -7 and -8 (before Carmelo was announced out) vs. the 13-4 Knicks, and that wasn't begging for Knicks money in your mind. Yet the 9-10 Lakers are basically the same at the 15-4 Thunder and the books are "begging for Laker action"? I don't get what you're saying. Why is that "a lot of points" for a sub-.500 team to give against the best/hottest team in basketball, yet the Knicks at +8 isn't?

lakerboy

I think it stays +7.5

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Game isn't even comparable with the Melo situation.

LB what you think Lakers line does? Will it stay in the 7/7.5 range or go back to 8/8.5?
    Knicks were +7/8 even before Melo was announced out. That's when they went to 9.5/10.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrVJP View Post
    Line was projected to be -8/-8.5 by the comps (said this Wed night). Books put it at -7.5 and the plays have been on OKC to move it to -8. As a fan, I don't bet against them ever. I either play or stay off. I will play this and probably lose but I don't really care I cover well enough in my other plays
    Key here is OKC 3pt % and Lakers rotating defense. Best vs the worst. Perkins defends Dwight well most of the time. No one can stay in front of Westbrook. Don't even know if Pau is playing- doubt it. Only bright spots here are Jamison bringing Ibaka a little outside of the paint-- which he is reluctant to do (he really is an overrated OVERALL defender: great shot blocker doesnt equate to great defender) so if Jamison is hot it'll open up the offense for everyone else. Also, Eric Maynor is playing like absolute utter garbage which is a good thing (since I am a Laker fan) and Brooks doesn't seem to want to give Jackson a try.. there's like 20 more things I can say here but you get the point-- it doesn't look good unless Meeks and Jamison are on fire.
    Lakers play better w/ Jamison (when his outside shooting is on) than when they have Pau out there. Said it in the offseason that they needed to push to get Ryan Anderson to LA as a stretch 4 who can also rebound.

t-wizzle

Knicks were +7/8 even before Melo was announced out. That's when they went to 9.5/10.
    Yes I know. That's not that big of a spread. Especially for the Heat. I don't feel like arguing with you about this though. I was just saying I don't think the two games are comparable because we will never know what would have happened had Anthony played.

lakerboy

Coin are the lakers supposed to be +12.5?

Frisco

Wonder how many ppl hopped on Heat when the line jumped considering the same thing happened against the Spurs and they barely won. Pretty sure it happened last yr w/a road game against Chicago too

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Yes I know. That's not that big of a spread. Especially for the Heat. I don't feel like arguing with you about this though. I was just saying I don't think the two games are comparable because we will never know what would have happened had Anthony played.
    I'm just trying to figure out how giving a dysfunctional 9-10 Laker team 8 on the road against the hottest team in basketball is "begging for Laker action." LB asked me what I thought the Miami/NY line should be -- I think maybe I should ask him the same thing about this one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Coin are the lakers supposed to be +12.5?
    8 seems about right given both teams' records/current form.

What did you expect? 6?

t-wizzle

I'm just trying to figure out how giving a dysfunctional 9-10 Laker team 8 on the road against the hottest team in basketball is "begging for Laker action." LB asked me what I thought the Miami/NY line should be -- I think maybe I should ask him the same thing about this one.
    Looks like he was asking if they were begging for the action rather than stating. Seems like it was just to get some discussion on the game.

Thunder seem invincible right now. Perfect spot to take Lakers.

MrVJP

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Lakers play better w/ Jamison (when his outside shooting is on) than when they have Pau out there. Said it in the offseason that they needed to push to get Ryan Anderson to LA as a stretch 4 who can also rebound.
    Yes they do. Hornets will not make that trade-- the contract is way too good for such a good shooter and rebounder. Pau for Calderon+Bargnani IF Raptors keep getting smacked around would most likely be in the works. The reason I want Pau playing is that 2nd unit this idiot D'Antoni is experimenting with: Darius Morris, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill <= what in the world? I saw 2 sequences in a row with a 2 man game between Morris and Hill! 10 seconds of idiotic dribbling then throw it into the paint then back out for 8 more seconds of dribbling then throw it into the paint for a TO.. twice. In a row. The first unit is actually rated in the top 3 +/- in the league.. desperately need Steve Blake back but hes out 2 more months.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Looks like he was asking if they were begging for the action rather than stating. Seems like it was just to get some discussion on the game.

Thunder seem invincible right now. Perfect spot to take Lakers.
    Lakers will probably cover at least. Takes balls to bet against OKC right now -- especially backing LAL in its current form -- but I don't know what kind of angle or value there would be on taking the Thunder at such a big number. You'd be buying high, that's for sure.

Frisco

Yes they do. Hornets will not make that trade-- the contract is way too good for such a good shooter and rebounder. Pau for Calderon+Bargnani IF Raptors keep getting smacked around would most likely be in the works. The reason I want Pau playing is that 2nd unit this idiot D'Antoni is experimenting with: Darius Morris, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill <= what in the world? I saw 2 sequences in a row with a 2 man game between Morris and Hill! 10 seconds of idiotic dribbling then throw it into the paint then back out for 8 more seconds of dribbling then throw it into the paint for a TO.. twice. In a row. The first unit is actually rated in the top 3 +/- in the league.. desperately need Steve Blake back but hes out 2 more months.
    You know you're bench is bad when I just read "desparately need Steve Blake back.." lol. I thought Anderson was a free agent in the offseason but could be mistaken. Either way think they should deal Pau while he's still worth something

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

LB you homer, I hope you right.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Power Rating

Estimate Edge
    NEW YORK
    MIAMI -7
    Team Trends and Angles

Power Rating Line
    The power rating system is based on recent game results. The section should be used to compare the relative strength of the two teams involved. A power line is calculated using both teams ratings and home field advantage. Where the power line differs significantly from the current line, the team with the edge is indicated.
    Power Rating

Estimate Edge
    LA LAKERS
    OKLAHOMA CITY -9
    Team Trends and Ang

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Lakers will get blasted in this one....

MrVJP

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    You know you're bench is bad when I just read "desparately need Steve Blake back.." lol. I thought Anderson was a free agent in the offseason but could be mistaken. Either way think they should deal Pau while he's still worth something
    Not quite. Blake is pretty good. He isn't a triangle player nor whatever the heck Mike Brown was running these past 2 years. He's pretty good at running an offense through P&R and spot up shooting- especially with 2nd unit. I don't know who's a better 2nd unit PG other than Andre Miller.

MrVJP

The reason I want Pau playing is that 2nd unit this idiot D'Antoni is experimenting with: Darius Morris, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill <= what in the world? I saw 2 sequences in a row with a 2 man game between Morris and Hill! 10 seconds of idiotic dribbling then throw it into the paint then back out for 8 more seconds of dribbling then throw it into the paint for a TO.. twice. In a row.
    He tried it again in the 2nd quarter.. 41-26 drubbing..