RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Lakers -2 (Super Square)

No Write-Up. Lakers win by 10. If not, I won't post in players talk until the new year unless it pertains to my St Jude's Donations thread.

Only other topic I'll post in is our Fantasy Football league in a sub-forum.

Follow me to freedom and cash this.

You're in good hands w/ RyanLeafOfBets.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

i'm counting on you leaf

don't fuk me
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Sounds like a guarantee to me, i'm in for ten bucks

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Are the Lakers still a square bet with a losing record?

These guys suck this year. I guess Kobe is past his prime

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers as a road favorite is super square actually. Any other team that has been 17-27 the last 2 years on the road would never ever be a favorite here.

But because of people who think this team is actually good they have to put up a number people can accept. They actually opened -1 and people jumped right on it....

Lakers have no business being favored over anyone on the road, they barely have enough to be favored at home over a semi decent team.

Anyone betting the Lakers these days are begging for the other teams to have a horrible night not looking for Lakers to 'turn it around' because they havent shown any signs of that. They have had two games this year that could even be considered decent, and in both those games it was their opponents inability to make anything that made them look that way.

Lakers might win, but if you have to lay points to play them its a very bad move. Lakers should really be +2.5 or 3 in this game. That way if you like them to win by 2 you should be getting +160 or so not having to lay -110.

Houston beat the Knicks who are light years better than the Lakers by about a million at home, and they should have beat Miami at home as well but fell just short.

But I said in their first 10 road games lakers would be favored in at least 7 of them and win maybe 3. This is road game 6 and they have been favored in 4 and are 1-4.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

It's a square play because between 70-80% of the public are on the Lakers. Please no public burial!

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

he was born in 1978

of course he's past his time

i don't think anyone in the world thinks he's in the prime of his fukkin career in his mid 30s

while playing in the NBA since highschool

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    It's a square play because between 70-80% of the public are on the Lakers. Please no public burial!
    The public got burried last night in Monday night football so maybe the public cashes one today.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Rockets do blow, lose by double digits.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL Leafer staying away from this one

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post

huh? This is typical of guys who think they know sports, they look at a teams record and think it means something.

Rockets have played a schedule about 5 times harder than the lakers and they still have a better record. Rockets have beaten some good teams at home, a hell of a lot better than the lakers are right now. Rockets have trouble on the road. So similar to lakers in that regard.

If people are looking at the score of the first match up then they probably dont realize that game was pretty close, Lakers had two big runs in that game (anchored by a lot of free throws) to help finally put the game away. That game was pretty much a toss up, until Lakers got a lot of free throws, and Howard actually made some that night. Kobe also had 11 assists that game, that never ever happens, but it is one of the keys to that game for sure.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Houston beat the Knicks who are light years better than the Lakers by about a million at home, and they should have beat Miami at home as well but fell just short.
    I don't think we should just look at 1 match. The Clippers beat the Spurs at home and on the road, they should be the best team in the NBA or at least in the West. So they shouldn't be losing to the likes of Hawks and Hornets, right? But then, they lost.

joey_donuts
    joey_donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35

taking the home dog on this one...lakers have been playing awful...Kobe is 29 for 70 from the field in the last three games (about %40)...

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    I don't think we should just look at 1 match. The Clippers beat the Spurs at home and on the road, they should be the best team in the NBA or at least in the West. So they shouldn't be losing to the likes of Hawks and Hornets, right? But then, they lost.
    Clippers are good enough to take nights off and/or play down to their competition. But it also has to do with coaching. Its OK to maybe lose a couple of those games but they have lost too many at this point. But I think Clippers are the best team in the west, despite their coach.

But Clippers turn it on against the top teams and there is no denying that, and other than a loss at OKC that really should have been a win Clips have beat every top team in the league that they have played. So they get a major benefit of a doubt because they have shown they can get up for multiple games over and over again.

The situation with Houston isnt comparable to the Clippers but it is to the lakers, because the Lakers arent that good. Houston arent world beaters either but they have shown the ability to play well at home, while lakers still havent shown anything on the road other than beating a Dallas team that has had to play a bunch of D league scrubs this season.

Houston is 6-1 at home after starting out 0-2, but those were the first couple games of the season so they can be excused.

Nothing about the lakers being favored makes sense other than the fact people bet the lakers regardless.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Here's my Laker Homer input. I see this being a dog fight and HIGHLY doubt Lakers win by 10. If Lakers do pull off a win it will be decided in the final minutes. I think the -2 spread is spot on, so if I had to take a side I would take the Rockets +2 just to take the points in what should be a close game if Lakers pull it off. However, I'm not confident enough in either side to roll with, but will likely play a prop or two once I see what is available when 5D posts them.

What i'm looking for:

Gasol pts - Looking to get Pau around 16.5 and I will roll with the under. A lot of stars over perform after being publicly criticized and in trade discussions. Pau is NOT one of them. Pau struggles even more in situations like this USUALLY.

Kobe assists - Looking to get kobe assists at 5.5 or lower and I will roll with the over.

If the juice on the above props are ridiculous I will reconsider.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Be careful. Remember this is the Lakers and they get everyones best shot. Lin and Harden could light the place up tonight.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather take over..
    Lakers are old and tired.. We are still early in the basketball season this year. New coach and new team members and new mentality, it will take them some time to be dominant team. I still think they can once again become dominant winner or later.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    I would rather take over..
    Lakers are old and tired.. We are still early in the basketball season this year. New coach and new team members and new mentality, it will take them some time to be dominant team. I still think they can once again become dominant winner or later.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

put your big boy pants on!

StephenSmith
    StephenSmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

I can't believe the outright ignorance that some people have in saying that the Lakers suck. You have got to be kidding me. We all know here as sports fans that the record, not always, reflects the talent and ability of the team. As a team the Lakers are shooting 63% from the FT line. That absolutely positively will NOT continue. Individual matchups in this game? Harden vs. Kobe..Harden should go for 20+, outside of that? Lakers have the advantage at every position on the floor. Including the PG position, where Jeremy Lin has been a below average starting PG.

Lakers roll by 6 in Houston.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by StephenSmith View Post
    I can't believe the outright ignorance that some people have in saying that the Lakers suck. You have got to be kidding me. We all know here as sports fans that the record, not always, reflects the talent and ability of the team. As a team the Lakers are shooting 63% from the FT line. That absolutely positively will NOT continue. Individual matchups in this game? Harden vs. Kobe..Harden should go for 20+, outside of that? Lakers have the advantage at every position on the floor. Including the PG position, where Jeremy Lin has been a below average starting PG.

Really?

OK Outside Kobe, Old worn out; Howard, over rated stiff; Pau, disgruntled guy they tried to trade; Artest, complete liability; what does this team have?

nash is hurt, and even if he was playing he is another over the hill has been. Steve Blake, the only other guy deserving to be on an NBA roster will be out until Valentines day.

Thats their top 6 players. And they have lost 33% of them long term.

Who do they have that can step up? And if those 2 guys get into the rotation what does that do to a bench that was atrocious in the first place?

Go look at the roster this team has. Its a joke. And when the 4 guys that you do have that can play are vastly over rated what then?

This team is actually worse than the team they had last year, and that team was lucky to win the games they wo, and only did so because they played defense. The defensive mindset is gone, that spells disaster for this shit squad.

mojojo
    mojojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by StephenSmith View Post

Obviously right now the lakers are not playing to their potential but to just say they have an advantage in every position which means they should win is ridiculous. Look at the teams they have been losing to. They always have the advantage. What matters is that other teams get up to play the lakers just as if they were in any other top tier team. They play harder, while the lakers are not.

leftysedge
    Update your status
    leftysedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I think Gasol is out tonight.

riffraff24

Yup.. Knee Tendentious. AKA....getting traded lol

Raider3
    Raider3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsOrLess View Post
    put your big boy pants on!

"Pau Gasol will not play on Tuesday against the Rockets due to tendinitis in both knees."

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

Quote Originally Posted by Raider3 View Post
    "Pau Gasol will not play on Tuesday against the Rockets due to tendinitis in both knees."
    aka he doesnt have his pants

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Public loves the lakers

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Lakers -2??
    almost seems too easy.... and we all know what that means

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Lakers -2??
    almost seems too easy.... and we all know what that means
    Lakers -2 on the road does not look easy at all

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    huh? This is typical of guys who think they know sports, they look at a teams record and think it means something.

Rockets have played a schedule about 5 times harder than the lakers and they still have a better record. Rockets have beaten some good teams at home, a hell of a lot better than the lakers are right now. Rockets have trouble on the road. So similar to lakers in that regard.

If people are looking at the score of the first match up then they probably dont realize that game was pretty close, Lakers had two big runs in that game (anchored by a lot of free throws) to help finally put the game away. That game was pretty much a toss up, until Lakers got a lot of free throws, and Howard actually made some that night. Kobe also had 11 assists that game, that never ever happens, but it is one of the keys to that game for sure.
    Why is it every excuse under the sun when the lakers win but if lakers lose theres no excuses it's just "they sukk" "I told u so."
    Any game the lakers ever win can u just give them credit for outright winning the game & being the better team that night. Rather than making yourself look like a complete clueless idiot everytime w/ excuse after excuse??
    Tell us again how you predicted the lakers to go 24-42 last season & predicted 11 teams to finish ahead of them in the west. Then tell us how you claimed u were right on all the hater predictions eventhough you were off about as far as one could possibly have been. Tell us again how u think Kobe should be coming off the bench.

wantitall4moi

So Gasol isnt playing and Lakers are still favored ......

So thats Gasol out, Blake out, Nash out. lakers favored by 1.5 (now) But it looks like guys are burying the ML anyway as it has gone from +122 to +103.

Hopefully my guy has a lot of Lakers money and I can get him to give me +115 on Houston still. But I suspect he might give me more since once guys get out of work theyll still bet the Lakers even if only Kobe and Howard were the only two guys able to dress for the game.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Why is it every excuse under the sun when the lakers win but if lakers lose theres no excuses it's just "they sukk" "I told u so."
    Any game the lakers ever win can u just give them credit for outright winning the game & being the better team that night. Rather than making yourself look like a complete clueless idiot everytime w/ excuse after excuse??
    Tell us again how you predicted the lakers to go 24-42 last season & predicted 11 teams to finish ahead of them in the west. Then tell us how you claimed u were right on all the hater predictions eventhough you were off about as far as one could possibly have been. Tell us again how u think Kobe should be coming off the bench.
    Lakers were 24-42...ATS, or close to it.

fading lakers is a no brainer, I dont care if they win this game or not as long as you bet against the lakers youre going to make money.

since the start of last year Lakers are 37-58 ATS, since the start of the 2010 season theyre 77-108 ATS. Since the start of the 2009 season theyre 122-169 ATS.

Thats as close to a stone cold lock as there is in gambling. Nearly 300 games and a fade rate of 58%.

You want to dwell on a prediction or taking something I said out of context and still getting it wrong fine, I just know that those of us that have faded the lakers are rolling in so much cash it is sick, while everyone who continues o bet ont hem might as well be burning their money.

Seriously if you want to bet the lakers just donate that money to charity, what little bit of a tax deduction you get and the good will you feel about it will be a lot more than you will ever collect.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Pound the under

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lakers -1 @ dallas was my lock of the month. was up 35 and won going away.

dont see a lopsided win like that but should cover.

MrVJP
    MrVJP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

pau-gasol-out-tonight-tendinitis official.
    Duhon starts at guard too.
    Last edited by MrVJP; 12-04-12 at 01:00 PM.

123 Last