wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayBricker View Post
    fair analysis wguan , just looking back at dallas' games on the road, they have been blow out by good teams and struggled against weaker teams and suns do play good ball at home, i wanted to pounce last night when suns opened at a pickem
    If I liked the Suns and I had a chance at pk, I think that would've been a multi unit play lol. BOL on your plays tonight though.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

celtics , have you watched a dallas game ?? or a suns home game for that matter?
    I agree the Suns have been impressive at home and sure I like to support them as a home dog or very short fave. But in a spot that I consider to be questionable, I'm not a fan of laying 3.5 with this team. I set the line at Suns -1.5 so I do expect them to win more often than not. But when I break down the Suns' roster I see some nice pieces but mostly guys who don't like to play defense and/or pass the ball. Dallas has more of the same, but with more experience. This is gambling where you should try to be ahead of the market and not just rely on past results - that's for the books when they set an opener. I don't think Dallas is as bad as people perceive at this point in the season so I think that 3.5 is too many points to expect the Suns to cover. Phoenix could cover for sure, but I think more often than not Dallas stays within the 3 points.

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

alot of action on mia-7 & mia -4.5 today! also wguan and others on phx o199.5! lets get this cash!
    Last edited by vancityswag; 12-06-12 at 05:56 PM.

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

ain't wguan on the over?

ParlayBricker
    ParlayBricker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    I agree the Suns have been impressive at home and sure I like to support them as a home dog or very short fave. But in a spot that I consider to be questionable, I'm not a fan of laying 3.5 with this team. I set the line at Suns -1.5 so I do expect them to win more often than not. But when I break down the Suns' roster I see some nice pieces but mostly guys who don't like to play defense and/or pass the ball. Dallas has more of the same, but with more experience. This is gambling where you should try to be ahead of the market and not just rely on past results - that's for the books when they set an opener. I don't think Dallas is as bad as people perceive at this point in the season so I think that 3.5 is too many points to expect the Suns to cover. Phoenix could cover for sure, but I think more often than not Dallas stays within the 3 points.

true enough, when i re read my post it may have came off as an asshole response , not my intentions at all just trying to get some discussion because i have a strong lean on phoenix , i got it at -3, kicking my ass for not locking it in a -1 before that disaster of a game they played in LA

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

killer, if your looking too much into last years trends id throw those out the window that was an almost entirely different team, the home road splits are too drastic not to be taking the suns in this spot
    I wasn't looking at last year's trends. Just an observation that team that goes on a long road trip tend to struggle a bit on its first home game. Since both teams are struggling, hard to make a pick here.

killersweet

true enough, when i re read my post it may have came off as an asshole response , not my intentions at all just trying to get some discussion because i have a strong lean on phoenix , i got it at -3, kicking my ass for not locking it in a -1 before that disaster of a game they played in LA
    -1 would have been easy to digest:-)

ParlayBricker

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I wasn't looking at last year's trends. Just an observation that team that goes on a long road trip tend to struggle a bit on its first home game. Since both teams are struggling, hard to make a pick here.

Oh , thought u were talking about the suns inparticular not all nba teams in general

killersweet

Oh , thought u were talking about the suns inparticular not all nba teams in general
    Yes, should have made it clear. All teams, not just the suns. Especially if they go across the country.

vancityswag

Quote Originally Posted by oBaMa_MaNiA View Post
    ain't wguan on the over?
    wow thanks! edited. my bad :s

vancityswag

once again the consensus of the board was miami and it failed to hit. happening pretty often now. thoughts?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by wguan2 View Post
    There's no angle in this Suns game. The 3 points give to them is pure out of b2b dallas and home game for Suns. These teams are even. Both teams are struggling. Most importantly, both teams don't even know what winning feels like anymore. It's a pure even game. What's even worse is that to be honest, talent wise, Dallas probably has the better team. That's arguable but they certainly have the more experienced team. You can call them old or whatever but they know much more about winning in these types of situations than the Suns do. Who's the real leader on the Suns team? Who on the Suns team has been a part of a winning team? This is the true definition of a coin flip with no value on the spread. But I guess if I were to take the coin flip, I'd take a home team. In this game however, I'd probably lean Dallas.

PS. the book's don't think much of the Suns either if they're giving Dallas only 3 points on b2b road games and getting blown out by 20.

Mate you know how much i respect your NBA knowledge and sharp analysis, however clearly you are unaware that there is a big promotion going on in Phoenix tonight where if the fan's are un-happy with the game they get their money back. That's alot of money to be giving back to 19,000+ fans. Do you really think this hasn't been discussed by the team or that the GM hasn't had any input into this one game, which for whatever reason the Suns seem rather interested in? Highly doubt just the same old Phoenix team is going to show up tonight? I'd say there most definitely is an angle on the Sun's.

ParlayBricker

Quote Originally Posted by vancityswag View Post
    once again the consensus of the board was miami and it failed to hit. happening pretty often now. thoughts?
    dont bet the heat until they show they can play some semblence of defence for 4 quarters, books have already made enough money of heat backers to cover there losses for the rest of the year when they do click and get shit together

First 123