MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Gs -10

Watching the Magic battle it out with LA last night I was thinking how great it was for my Warriors that Orlando not only had a game the night before they came to Oakland, but a hard fought game and a win against the almighty Lakers.

So not only do they have the B2B to worry about, but this is a perfect letdown spot as well after beating LA (exactly like the Pacers/Warriors game a few days back)

So I was thinking I would pound this line regardless of spread, but then the line comes out at 10 and I'm like huh? Never expected the line to be DD but I stll think I like GS's chances to cover.

Thoughts?

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Looking at their schedule, the Magic have played two back-to-back games so far, both were away, and one was lost to MN by 15, the other lost to ATL by 11. My recollection is that MN was Love-less at the time.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I was thinking the same exact thing. Line is a smudge high

MFDoom013

I'ma just say penetrate it and lay the points.

Dubs are super well rested and hitting their stride; a young team getting more and more confident by the game.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I had this game at -7 for the Warriors. Did the Magic blow their emotional load, last night? Or do they carry over the momentum? Either way, I can't fade 10 points.

MFDoom013

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I had this game at -7 for the Warriors. Did the Magic blow their emotional load, last night? Or do they carry over the momentum? Either way, I can't fade 10 points.
    I was hoping for a line that looked like that but the bookies aren't putting any stock into Orlando's win last night, and probably rightfully so.

IMO there is just no way for ORL to match last night's focus and emotion going from playing the Lakers and the old face of their franchise to playing the Dubs the next night. That, factored in with what I believe is a huge talent differential, makes me lean towards laying the points.

As I pointed to before the situation is exactly as it was with Indiana (Indiana beats LA, comes to Oakland the next night) and GS dusted them by 11. Indiana is a much better defensive team and more talented team than Orlando is, so it seems like another game the Dubs should win by double digits.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom013 View Post
    I was hoping for a line that looked like that but the bookies aren't putting any stock into Orlando's win last night, and probably rightfully so.

IMO there is just no way for ORL to match last night's focus and emotion going from playing the Lakers and the old face of their franchise to playing the Dubs the next night. That, factored in with what I believe is a huge talent differential, makes me lean towards laying the points.

As I pointed to before the situation is exactly as it was with Indiana (Indiana beats LA, comes to Oakland the next night) and GS dusted them by 11. Indiana is a much better defensive team and more talented team than Orlando is, so it seems like another game the Dubs should win by double digits.
    You make some great points. I just can't bring myself to fade double digits, ever. Just a little quirk that I have. I had my eye on this game from the 2H of last night's contest.

Best of luck on your play. I hope you cash it.