t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Fatigue.

Do other teams receive sanctions when they rest players? no...
    What other teams rest players in the middle of the season?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why did the spurs not rest these guys last night in orlando or any of the other shitty venues they were in the last 4 games? Pops does not want to show his hand to heat in case of a possible finals matchup.

Easy wins playing them against the other teams.

Play them here and even rested they may not win.

All about getting as many wins as possible. This makes the most sense to rest them in your hardest game after you had already won the rest of your earlier games.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What other teams rest players in the middle of the season?

Why does it matter when in the season it is?

Doesn't resting players at hte end of the year when draft positions are at stake have more serious implications?

Would it have been fine if Pop just came out and said they all came down with food poisoning?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Pops should get a 10 game suspension minimum. The best part is that when the playoffs roll around the spurs will go out without winning again.

Maybe pops should rebuild his team.

t-wizzle

Why does it matter when in the season it is?

Doesn't resting players at hte end of the year when draft positions are at stake have more serious implications?

Would it have been fine if Pop just came out and said they all came down with food poisoning?
    Every game contributes to draft position.

Resting players at the end is acceptable because of injury possibilities heading into the playoffs.

For them to just get sent home was almost like rubbing it in Stern's face. Like a big fukk you.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

What other teams have had a schedule like the Spurs so far this season? None

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Gambling would ruin the integrity of the game.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Every game contributes to draft position.

Resting players at the end is acceptable because of injury possibilities heading into the playoffs.

For them to just get sent home was almost like rubbing it in Stern's face. Like a big fukk you.

I don't condone his actions at all.

I am just saying if you are going to issue sanctions wouldn't there need to be grounds for doing so, therefore wouldn't you need a rule to be violated?

What about teams tanking the end of the season for the lottery? They don't have the playoffs to worry about.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

And what happens if they still win tonight? Currently up 4. I would hope Stern would then issue a My Bad

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If the Spurs win....it won't really matter

t-wizzle

I don't condone his actions at all.

I am just saying if you are going to issue sanctions wouldn't there need to be grounds for doing so, therefore wouldn't you need a rule to be violated?

What about teams tanking the end of the season for the lottery? They don't have the playoffs to worry about.
    Seems like we're kind of going in circles. How about the Spurs declare ahead of this road trip with 4 games in 5 days that this is what they plan on doing? It's not like this idea just came to Popovich this morning.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Spurs have 16 games in a 30 day month. This is a very heavy opening month of the season.

To everyone saying it's ok to sit players at the end of the season, why would teams sit players who are not even close to the playoffs? Oh, I forgot, to give young guys opportunities, nothing to do with lottery balls.

Who says Pops isn't just giving his young guys more playing opportunity? As lakerboy said, the team needs to be rebuilt, maybe that is what he is doing.

brainfreeze0

Name:  imagesCAMI34D8.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  155.7 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Degenregen

hawley

Is a big deal made of this if it is a Monday night game against Cleveland?

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

DING DING DING we have a winner

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolutely not.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    interesting

product side of NBA vs Team trying to do something to win long term
    This.
    I friggan love it!
    NBA is more about money than basketball sometimes. Pops is resting his key players on a big televised game on a major channel which is making the NBA frantic about losing potential viewers ahahaha
    this is great
    I hope the spurs win to make stern look like an ass

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

reggie miller taking a shot at stern

and twizzle wtf are you talking about gueeyee

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

These scrubs are beating the same people u want to see .. Fck u haters go popovich!!!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL love it I hope Spurs hang on, regardless I think the point was made, this is why Stern generally doesnt say too much until after the fact because when he tries to say something 'predictive' he ends up looking like a frigging idiot.

Spurs winning mean better ratings? NO. But a bunch of scrubs beating the defending champs wire to wire might.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

ALL teams have schedules like this. I don't believe there is a team in the NBA that doesn't have at least one 4 game in 5 day stretch. Last year during the shortened season, they had 3 games in 3 days, which they do not do during a regular 82 game season. Paid professionals....If you can't hack it, retire.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    ALL teams have schedules like this. I don't believe there is a team in the NBA that doesn't have at least one 4 game in 5 day stretch. Last year during the shortened season, they had 3 games in 3 days, which they do not do during a regular 82 game season. Paid professionals....If you can't hack it, retire.
    no they dont, I dont think you could find a team with six straight roads games with the last one being on no rest.

Spurs are also playing their 17th game of the season already most teams have only played 13, Spurs have played 11 games on the road, so they have played almost as many gaes on the road as the majority of the league has played in total.

Might want to take 10 seconds and do a search before making generalized statements.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone of you would call Pop an idiot if he rested players against a crappy team like Orlando and played them against the Heat and lost. I like his strategy.... take the easy win and get rest in a tough road game that might be a loss. Griz on Saturday is more important than this game anyway

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

think these spurs bench players will be more confident after this performance?

there really is no downside for the spurs if they think they would possibly lose anyway

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    think these spurs bench players will be more confident after this performance?

there really is no downside for the spurs if they think they would possibly lose anyway
    I don't think they were ever lacking confidence. Patty Mills is a stud

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    no they dont, I dont think you could find a team with six straight roads games with the last one being on no rest.

Spurs are also playing their 17th game of the season already most teams have only played 13, Spurs have played 11 games on the road, so they have played almost as many gaes on the road as the majority of the league has played in total.

Might want to take 10 seconds and do a search before making generalized statements.
    Hmmmm.....seems like the Spurs will have more home games and more off days later in the year then, eh? Be a good time to rest players, on off days.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

lol

David Stern is a fukkin joke
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: iceminers26

Frisco

Wish Stern would spend more time explaining how the team w/ the best lottery odds has never won the #1 draft pick.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

FK David Stern, Pops can do what he wants with his team.

Its beginning of season and Pops knew what he was doing, on the end of a six game road trip, and heck backups almost won. Anyways you don't win a title in November and Pops knows it. Can't believe Stern has the nerve to say he is going to suspend Pops, what a joke.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

And Steven A sides with Stern, lol... that should tell you right there what a joke this is

fk stern and steven a

brainfreeze0

Hmmmm.....seems like the Spurs will have more home games and more off days later in the year then, eh? Be a good time to rest players, on off days.
    How much good would that do them if they got an injury against the reigning champs tonight. I think Pops, one of the most decorated NBA coaches, is far more capable and intelligent than SBR posters. Thats just my opinion though

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    stern is a joke

only a couple years left
    This old penetrate can't be leaving any sooner. He might as well just say I don't love the sport I just love entertaining. At least pretend to sell the fact that we are playing for the love of the sport and what it does for our youth.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    And Steven A sides with Stern, lol... that should tell you right there what a joke this is

fk stern and steven a
    So hard to refrain from saying a racial slur that rhymes w/ Mouse Digger....

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    How much good would that do them if they got an injury against the reigning champs tonight. I think Pops, one of the most decorated NBA coaches, is far more capable and intelligent than SBR posters. Thats just my opinion though
    I imagine your opinion is spot on, that's why he gets paid the big bucks. Pops has a job to do regarding his team.....Stern has a job to do regarding the logo.

Frisco

I imagine your opinion is spot on, that's why he gets paid the big bucks. Pops has a job to do regarding his team.....Stern has a job to do regarding the logo.
    Stern is damaging the logo right now. Shows how much he cares about player safety lol

First 123 Last