Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Time to fade the Wolves Fri

I've been cashing in on the Wolves this young season. They've been a covering machine for me flying under the radar. However, the last game Pekovic was out and that made a huge difference against the Cats. Even with Bogut out for the Warriors, they have more talent and will win the game. Curious what the line will open at but will most likely make a large play fading the Wolves. The Wolves play great team ball but they're pretty thin now, especially if Pekovic is out again or not 100%. Lmao, they had to sign Josh Howard cuz they only had 9 active. My play will depend on if Pekovic is out again or if he'll play at under 100%. Pretty damn confident in the Warriors tommorrow.

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Warriors are the much better team with Love and Rubio out. I think Minnesota will open at 2.5 or 3, and I'm definitely on GS in this matchup. Probably take the points and put some on the ML as well

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom013 View Post
    Warriors are the much better team with Love and Rubio out. I think Minnesota will open at 2.5 or 3, and I'm definitely on GS in this matchup. Probably take the points and put some on the ML as well
    I prob won't take the points bro. Haven't been this confident in a play in a while without seeing the opening line. Have to wait and get an update about Pekovic though. Him and AK47 r what makes that team go. I made the mistake of riding them last game with Pekovic out and I paid for it. If Pek, Roy, and Barea r out again, I just don't think the Wolves will have enough energy or talent to keep up with the Warrior.

MFDoom013

Don't get me wrong, I like this Warriors team, but they still aren't there yet. They should beat this Wolves team, but they are pretty inconsistent still.

I love seeing Barnes start to develop more. Guy is a very talented all around player

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Warriors can definitely be inconsistent. One thing I saw as a trend this year so far for GS is that Curry hasn't had 2 quiet games in a row. Last game he only scored like 12 points and shot poorly from the field. When he is on along with Klay, it's hard to keep up with this team. Plus I see D Lee emerging into what he was a couple years ago. A lot of things to check up before making a play. Anybody have another source besides covers for injuries?

MFDoom013

Full disclosure: I am a Warriors fan and have a bad habit of betting on their games (lose about as much as I win) so take that for what you will. Some might disqualify my opinions, some may put more stock in them. I've won money on the Dubs this year against Phoenix, Atlanta, Cleveland, and a couple of over/unders and lost money on them against Memphis, Sacramento, LA...

but I like them tomorrow a lot.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

I hear u. I'm the same way with the Lakers but have been pretty solid with my plays on them or against them this year so far. Either way, I was all over the Wolves the past couple weeks and now I think it's the perfect time to start and fade them. I like how the Warriors play. No more of that bullshit run and gun jacking up threes. They actually run some nice offensive sets and have a balanced team. Would like them more if Bogut wasn't out.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Also liking u203 in the Lakers game. That is too high and as I see the Lakers winning in a blowout, the total shouldn't come close to hitting that. I think the line is that high because Mike D made it into LA today but he won't have enough time to implement a fast paced game.

MFDoom013

The key to this team is the bench. It blows that brandon Rush is out, but even without him.. goddamn. Jack and Landry are our two best players down the stretch of most games. Richard Jefferson is struggling with his shot but his IQ and defense help the second unit out a lot. This is a very deep team. Ezeli and Beans are a decent enough duo at center while Bogut is out.

Brandon Rush was a huge loss though.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Seriously, the Warriors r going to be a very solid play tomorrow as long as Pekovic is still out.

tlsmith
    tlsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

i like ur reasoning. good post. i have bet the total in the warriors games twice so ive been following them. the wolves do look depleted. if ya boy pek is out then i dont see any reason not to take the warriors covering.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by tlsmith View Post
    i like ur reasoning. good post. i have bet the total in the warriors games twice so ive been following them. the wolves do look depleted. if ya boy pek is out then i dont see any reason not to take the warriors covering.
    That's my angle. Pek out, fade the fuk out of the Wolves.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

They say Pekovic hopes to play today...no probability listed tho

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Look like Pekovic is listed as questionable in the line up

http://www.nba.com/gamenotes/timberwolves.pdf

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Just checked covers and it said Pekovic, Barea, &Roy all Out for Today's game against the Warriors. GS is a very solid play IMO.

tlsmith

@714, lemme know closer to tip if they def all three are out. bovada doesnt have a line up for that game yet anyways. thanks for the help.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Just locked in GS +0.5 1H and +1.5 full game. The Wolves just don't have the depth or talent to keep up with the Warriors tonight. I see D Lee exposing Amundson and Steisma and they should be up throughout. The line should really be GS -3 but I think the books and public perception of the Wolves good record make it Wolves -1.5. Pekovic has been one of the main reasons they were descent the first 6 games but he's out again.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by tlsmith View Post
    @714, lemme know closer to tip if they def all three are out. bovada doesnt have a line up for that game yet anyways. thanks for the help.
    Last night, covers had Roy, Pekovic, and Barea as questionable. I just checked now and it changed to all 3 being out. I don't see that they would change from questionable to out back to questionable or game time decision. That would be really weird. Those 3, plus AK47 were the main reasons this team was covering, especially Pekovic. They ran a lot of their offense through him. I watched the entire game on Wednesday when he was out and they looked absolutely lost on offense. AK47 was the only reason the game was even close. Unless these scrubs have career games, very unlikely, the Warriors should roll. Too much talent and a presence down low in D Lee give them a definite edge.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

I think it's safe to lock it in now to get the best # on GS. I'm thinking people could soon find out Pek, Roy, and Barea are all out again and start pounding the Warriors. GS might even end up as the fav before tip. I had a feeling all three were out again when they signed Josh Howard yesterday.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Went the other way, Laker....Doesn't seem to matter who's out to this overachieving team.....should be a good one....GL tonite!

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Went the other way, Laker....Doesn't seem to matter who's out to this overachieving team.....should be a good one....GL tonite!
    Roscoe, I've been winning off the Wolves all year so far and even said last game that it wouldn't matter that Pek is out. They lost to the Cats who are less talented and worse than the Warriors and thhe absence of Pek effected them tremendously. I haven't felt this strongly on a play in a while and might be the only play for me. I strongly suggest hedging out bro and I usually don't recommend things like that.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

If u decide to stick Roscoe, BOL to u pal.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Is this still a close game you guys think? Or GS wins handily?

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    Roscoe, I've been winning off the Wolves all year so far and even said last game that it wouldn't matter that Pek is out. They lost to the Cats who are less talented and worse than the Warriors and thhe absence of Pek effected them tremendously. I haven't felt this strongly on a play in a while and might be the only play for me. I strongly suggest hedging out bro and I usually don't recommend things like that.
    Can't argue with that reasoning at all, Laker....the Pek situation definitely bother's me.....GL tonite.....Hope my BR can last the season....

JumpoffJoeBeezy
    JumpoffJoeBeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2136

... Hard to win without players. Warriors +105.

WIEDBO
    WIEDBO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 915

according to usatoday.com injurie report

Nikola Pekovic C Ankle Out Fri - 11/15/12 Pekovic left Monday's game against the Mavericks with a sprained left ankle and did not return. He missed Wednesday's game and will not play Friday against the Warriors.

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/bas.../injuries.html

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

You are too convincing Lakers714. I guess I am tailing. Thanks.
    PS the only thing that bothers me about this is the old saying that "if it seems too good to be true it probably is".

And also, would it be cheating to use this as my play of the day, since it is pretty much your play of the day (though I am going ML on the game, slightly different from what you appear to be doing?)
    Last edited by pip2; 11-16-12 at 03:05 PM. Reason: PS

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
    You are too convincing Lakers714. I guess I am tailing. Thanks.
    PS the only thing that bothers me about this is the old saying that "if it seems too good to be true it probably is".

And also, would it be cheating to use this as my play of the day, since it is pretty much your play of the day (though I am going ML on the game, slightly different from what you appear to be doing?)
    I just hope I don't do anybody wrong with my play. Just because I'm going big doesn't mean everyone should. The line doesn't seem too good to be true to me because the Warriors, although better than the Wolves, aren't a great team right now. Plus they're on the road. I actually do think the Warriors win handily, by at least 4. Like I mentioned before, public perception of the Wolves having a good record made the line what it is. Joe public will look at the Wolves winning record, not even know Pek, Roy, & Barea r out, see they're at home and bet them -1.5. Btw, line is at -1 now. Lets hope we keep seeing movement that favors the Warriors.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Pip, u can use GS as your play of the day. Mine I posted in the other thread is actually GS +0.5 1H. My weakness is betting quarters and halves. Bad habit.

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Thanks, Lakers214, and good luck!

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Btw, I don't wanna say I called it but line was moved from Warriors being +1.5 dogs to -1 favorites. Just the type of line movement I expected.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

For a non nationally televised game, a dog moving to a fav is huge. I would pound GS at -1 guys. BOL.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You are clueless. Wolves roll.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    You are clueless. Wolves roll.
    Sorry, I can't understand homos. Please have someone that didn't get molested translate your post. Thx.

tlsmith

good luck 714. im for warriors tonight aswell

123 Last