Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

R.o.y.

New Portland guard is aptly named.

Sure looks like the rookie of the year to me.

If there are any of them still left, Timberwolves fans should be furious with their management for yet another royal f*ckup. They drafted him, but not for themselves as they wanted Foye. Foye may be a nice player someday, but Brandon Roy plays like a 10-year-vet RIGHT NOW and he'll probably be at an all-star level in months if not weeks.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Brandon Roy is pretty sweet...I thought he was probably one of the best draft picks this last year.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seemed to me to be a no-brainer at tournament time last spring.

Why wouldn't you want the guy with the pro body who plays the most important position on the floor and dominates at the highest college level?

Sometimes it's that simple. I'd say "it's a Leinart thing," though frankly that comparison sells Roy a little short.

Brandon Roy is so clearly the goods that as a former Timberwolves season ticket holder it makes me a little sick to my stomach. (Evem though I am rooting for the a total franchise crash and burn so that house can finally be cleaned.)

Anyway, Portland will be much better this year if only because Roy is so far above a replacement level player at his position.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

agreed

he looks like the real deal

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

R.OY. does have a nice ring to it don't it

The problem is that he plays for the Blazers. Thats the big problem he will have this year.