You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

blake griffin the most overrated player in the nba?

one of the biggest "star" named players in the NBA and he still has no game outside of a dunk .... yet people still consider him a top 5 PF in the league ... i dont get it .. all the hype for a player who can dunk

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I kinda feel it is Deron Williams. Great players lead teams to being significant. The Nets were horrible last year.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Deron Williams overrated ....lmaooooooo.....smh....ohhhh by the way.....Blake is terrible

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

He put on muscle hoping players would stop punking him like a bitch on the playground...

Didn't work... David Lee of the Warriors was the latest to treat him like a 2-Bit Whore...

MCOZONE
    MCOZONE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easily. Don't block shots. Makes stupid plays and has a worse range than Kristen Stewart.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of my favorite bets to do is that Blake Griffin will miss his first shot. It's usually +115ish and tends to play out like this.... Deandre Jordan wins the tip, he passes to CP3, Cp3 crosses half court and then passes the ball to Griffin about 15-20 feet from the hoop, he gives a few jab steps and lazy pump fakes, and then finally he clanks one off the rim.
    Points Awarded:

MCOZONE gave Frisco 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

You mad bro

he has no jumper .. plays no defense ... and his post game is even worse ... i dont understand why everyone gives him so much credit for being able to jump 2 feet to dunk the ball ... its a shame

Frisco

Kevin Love is pretty overrated too

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Yes. Been saying this since his 2nd rookie season.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yes. Griffin is an athlete - but I think even that is overrated. He just dunks really hard.

Kevin Love is still among the most underrated players in the game... Absolutely no business being in the NBA, he can't play above the rim - but he uses his brain and fundamentals and dominates on the boards. On top of that, he can stretch the defense with his range. He is all hustle. That kind of talent doesn't deteriorate very quick. He will be around a long time putting up 20 and 10.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I am just saying, if Lebron James led a team to 22-44, all hell would break lose.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I don't know about that one. That kid should get an endorsement from a hamburger chain, he's mister DOUBLE-DOUBLE!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Monitor-Tan

Frisco

Love should try playing some defense and quit worrying about padding his rebounding stats.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

i love when blake takes a jumper and the defense clears out

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I am just saying, if Lebron James led a team to 22-44, all hell would break lose.
    I agree w/ u. I hate seeing him on top 5 pg lists ahead of guys like Parker or Rondo.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    i love when blake takes a jumper and the defense clears out
    Reminds me of Will Ferrel refusing to play D in Semi Pro b/c of the corndog promotion lol
    Last edited by Frisco; 11-06-12 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

he always sucks at the end of games. freezes up and takes tons of time

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

One of my favorite bets to do is that Blake Griffin will miss his first shot. It's usually +115ish and tends to play out like this.... Deandre Jordan wins the tip, he passes to CP3, Cp3 crosses half court and then passes the ball to Griffin about 15-20 feet from the hoop, he gives a few jab steps and lazy pump fakes, and then finally he clanks one off the rim.
    Burst out laughing reading this

But to answer the thread, yes.
    A lot of hype over him just because he can dunk.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Just think how useless Griffin will be when he loses his hops, seriously.

You mad bro

rondo is the best PG in the league by far ... plays defense and he understands how to play offense .. just because he scores 10 points if that a game doesnt mean shit ... any team would love to have him setting up his guys on offense ...

sg wise i cant say anyone is better than kobe overall ... top 5 defender every year and offensive machine ...

sf lebron obviously than durant

pf i love aldrich from portland .. he has no team though at all

and c probably dwight or bynum i guess

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Just think how useless Griffin will be when he loses his hops, seriously.

he wouldnt even be his brother lmaoo

MCOZONE
    MCOZONE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    he wouldnt even be his brother lmaoo
    He'll be lucky to have Eddie Griffin's game.

Frisco

rondo is the best PG in the league by far ... plays defense and he understands how to play offense .. just because he scores 10 points if that a game doesnt mean shit ... any team would love to have him setting up his guys on offense ...

sg wise i cant say anyone is better than kobe overall ... top 5 defender every year and offensive machine ...

I like your choices. Have no idea where Lebron should be classified tho (i tend to put him in the PG category myself). Favorite PF is still Dirk but would definitely take Lamarcus b/c of his age

You mad bro

I like your choices. Have no idea where Lebron should be classified tho (i tend to put him in the PG category myself). Favorite PF is still Dirk but would definitely take Lamarcus b/c of his age

thats whats cool about the nba in a way .. u have players playing more than 1 position ... versatility to the max is all lebron .. he can play the 1-4 and sometimes can probably play the 5 if the center on the other team is small enough lol ... durant can play the 2-4 if he wanted to and even power forwards like josh smith can play the 3-5 ... dirk is amazing but his lack of defense is frustrating ... dwight gives u 20 and 10 every night and plays defense like an animal ... i hate players who get all the hype from dunking, meanwhile they are almost 7 ft tall and should be able to dunk on a 10 ft hoop ... raise the hoop size and see how many players will start to suck lol but i guess itll be to boring

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Yea, don't know about Rondo being the best PG. He can definitely dish the rock but his defense can be suspect at times. He takes too many chances to get steals that often lead to easy baskets for the other side. Right now, there should be no argument that CP3 is the best PG in the league. I agree with Kobe still being the best 2 guard. At C I would want Howard. Guy is a beast on defense. Bynum is a close second but he just doesn't try hard enough yet. Aldridge from Port can't be on the list because he doesn't grab enough boards. Right now, best PF in the game is K Love and obviously LBJ at SF. This is the Dream Team I wanna see:

PG CP3
    SG Kobe
    C Dwight
    PF Lebron
    SF Durant

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    Yea, don't know about Rondo being the best PG. He can definitely dish the rock but his defense can be suspect at times. He takes too many chances to get steals that often lead to easy baskets for the other side. Right now, there should be no argument that CP3 is the best PG in the league. I agree with Kobe still being the best 2 guard. At C I would want Howard. Guy is a beast on defense. Bynum is a close second but he just doesn't try hard enough yet. Aldridge from Port can't be on the list because he doesn't grab enough boards. Right now, best PF in the game is K Love and obviously LBJ at SF. This is the Dream Team I wanna see:

PG CP3
    SG Kobe
    C Dwight
    PF Lebron
    SF Durant
    yeah the league is gettin smaller now so lebron at the pf position i guess would work .. id take him over durant though

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Blake Griffin can be potentially legit in a few years..He is very athletic, I just don't understand the no calls and everyone's fascination with him though..HE COMMINTS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL EVERYTIME HE DUNKS OVER SOMEONE...Just watch any of his big dunks on youtube, he leads with his arm pushing the defender back almost everytime... Oh, and he isn't a very good rebounder..I'll take Kevin Love over him anyday, Love can shoot the 3s, consistant jumper, makes his free throws and most importantly gets rebounds

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Griffin is overrated GARBAGE !!!!

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Wow - you obviously know nothing about basketball, love is without doubt the premier PF in the league...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love should try playing some defense and quit worrying about padding his rebounding stats.
    rebounding and defense go hand in hand .........
    shud dirk play more defense and stop worrying about hitting fadeaway jumpers?
    actually he shud .......

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

blake griffin is not a star player, the dude was pushed by the nba to be a star
    they basically gave him the slam dunk title and his kia dunk was an embarassment

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    blake griffin is not a star player, the dude was pushed by the nba to be a star
    they basically gave him the slam dunk title and his kia dunk was an embarassment

we know he isnt a star player .. im just wondering why the nba gives him all that credit for just being able to dunk the ball ... its like baseball with the home runs now a days ... u hit 45 home runs in baseball but bat 200 ur a star in a lot of peoples eyes

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

we know he isnt a star player .. im just wondering why the nba gives him all that credit for just being able to dunk the ball ... its like baseball with the home runs now a days ... u hit 45 home runs in baseball but bat 200 ur a star in a lot of peoples eyes
    Dunk r what sells. That's why the NBA promotes him so much. Nobody wants to see K Love grabbing rebounds to promote the game. Although I think K Love is the best PF in the game now.

123 Last