Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Knicks +4 and ML @ Philly

Let's see what adjustments Collins will make going into game 2 of this matchup. J rich won't play and if I'm collins I'm starting Evans at the 2 and wright at the 3. Thad Young had no success guarding Mello. I think they will try a combination of Evans, Young, and Wright tmrw but Mello has significant advantages over all those guys in ever facet of the game.

Chandler will play more on the road and should be able to limit holiday a little more in the paint. Felton and Kidd need to switch off on him more. Woodson will make the defensive adjustment. Expect a better game from some shooters perhaps Nick Young, although Young is not a passer and as I said about the sixers they need guard passers and they don't have them. Evans is a 1 on 1 player. Holiday the only passer with Hawes.

WHy Spencer Hawes doesn't does is beyond me. Collins is an idiot for this. Hawes is a true C and Allen and Young are not going to hold down the paint tomorrow. Knicks will control the paint with Sheed/Camby/Thomas off the bench.

JR smith is a streak shooter and expect him to go through peaks and valleys this year as always. Ride him while he's hot. I don't think Philly has the talent at this point without Bynum and no shut down defender to guard the 2/3s like a Melo can win these types of matchups 50% of the time, so these odds are ridiculous.

$265 to win $250 on the +4 -110

ML not out with my guy yet
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why take the 4 when every book has 4.5?

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I'm locked in on it when I saw the line come out. Going to not get greedy and take the points

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Knicks were hot at home. Its about to be a completely different ball game in philly. Wouldn't be surprised if the knicks come out flat and get blown out. These types of back to back games usually get split. That being said, im going to probably sit this one out. But best of luck.

pistol17
    pistol17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

No Bynum or J Rich, +4.5 for the Knicks seems odd

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Thanks for the fades kid

alfry
    alfry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

nice

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

nice write up!

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Seems like such a square play to be honest. Knicks blast Miami, and then get 4.5 against Philly?

Scratch that...I see the line at 3.5 now.

Eagles27

Eff it, philly is now down to 2.5, I like those odds. I think philly wins this one fairly easy, so I took philly (small bet though).

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Seems like such a square play to be honest. Knicks blast Miami, and then get 4.5 against Philly?

Scratch that...I see the line at 3.5 now.
    It's kind of square but books are still adjusting imo here and they are undervaluing the knicks. I projected the Knicks to be one of the top 7 teams in the NBA this season.

Eagles27

Im actually more curious to see how this game turns out now. Im just not seeing the knicks winning, or if they do. Those who are thinking the knicks will run over the sixers today like they did at home (and bet big on knicks) will be sweating.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Im actually more curious to see how this game turns out now. Im just not seeing the knicks winning, or if they do. Those who are thinking the knicks will run over the sixers today like they did at home (and bet big on knicks) will be sweating.
    No it'll be a closer game for sure. Do you have any valid reasons (matchup wise) for betting the Sixers? If you can counter any of the points I made feel free to do so. It's an open discussion.

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    No it'll be a closer game for sure. Do you have any valid reasons (matchup wise) for betting the Sixers? If you can counter any of the points I made feel free to do so. It's an open discussion.
    Overall, I think at these two teams are evenly matched. Much of the Knicks success is going to be based on whether or not Melo and Smith are on point tonight (which I think is asking a lot). So in essence if you are betting knicks tonight, you are essentially betting on Melo and JR Smith having another hot shooting night (they accounted for 50% of the knicks offense yesterday). I just don't see them doing that away from the Garden, I think the Sixers win this by 6-7 points.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Why did you start a new thread ???
    What is you record in the NBA this yr Goat ?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    Why did you start a new thread ???
    What is you record in the NBA this yr Goat ?
    my thread is in the subforum. i'm gonna post bets every now and then in players talk like always.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    my thread is in the subforum. i'm gonna post bets every now and then in players talk like always.
    ...And you record YTD ?

Im too lazy , help me out
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave goldengreek 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    ...And you record YTD ?

Im too lazy , help me out
    5-5 -$107

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a feeling... the +4 might cover... lol

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Goat Milk

look at that pinpoint analysis

you won't find that on espn or anywhere on the internet

i am the authority here Roxxyfish

you live in Germany

this is the NBA not fukkin aussie rules

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice job Goat. The strange line kept me away from it but i bet that it got a lot of ppl to overvalue the Sixers (especially at -2.5).

swervv
    swervv's Avatar Become A Pro!

good bet i was on it once the line came out..the sixers suck, especially without bynum...but the stupid line is what kept me from not jamming it.. i would of pounded it if it was ny -3 rather than + 4