BetRanger
    BetRanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

BetRanger's Top Picks 2012/13

I have been following NBA about 20 years. Going to post some of my bets here, let's see how it goes

October 31:

Indiana -2
    Denver +1.5
    Detroit -2.5
    L.A. Clippers -3.5

Indiana is a young ambitious team, should easily beat Raptors, who are going to be a lottery team again.
    Denver continues where it left off last year, should easily beat Sixers, who have a lot of new players this year.
    Rockets are a mess, hence betting against them.
    Clippers are much stronger and deeper this year, while Memphis same as last year. I expect Clippers to play with much more energy and take a comfortable W.

BetRanger

Indiana game was a push, so my current W-L record is 1-2 (33%)

November 2:

Miami -5.5
    Utah -3.5

Still no reason to believe in Knicks, hence betting against them. They will struggle scoring.
    Jazz is a much more mature team than Hornets, should take a comfortable W.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 1-4 (20%)

October 3:

Denver +8
    Portland +5.5
    Cleveland +6.5

Hard to imagine Nuggets having another weak game. I expect them to play with high energy and have a strong offensive game. Not sure they are going to win, but at least I think it will be a close game with the Heat.

As regards Rockets, I think Harden will not have 3rd amazing game in a row. In general, I think Blazers are much stronger and cohesive team and will take a W here.

Cavs vs Bucks is quite hard to predict who is gonna win, it seems to be a 50/50 game. Therefore betting on Cavs spread.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 4-4 (50%)

October 4:

Orlando -2

Phoenix Suns are unproven this season, therefore I don't see any reason to bet on them, especially on the road. I believe Orlando has an edge at home and is a favourite to win this one. Davis is playing with a lot of energy and other guys want to prove themselves as well.

PS. I don't post moneyline plays here, but I do think Lakers moneyline is good value today. Looks like a must-win game for Lakers. If they lose at home to Pistons, then Mike Brown will be really in trouble.
    Last edited by BetRanger; 11-04-12 at 09:14 AM.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 5-4 (55%)

October 7:

Indiana +4
    Memphis -1
    Philadelphia -1.5
    Denver +2.5
    Lakers +3
    Sacramento -6
    San Antonio -1.5

I think Atlanta is much weaker team than Indiana, probably missing the playoffs this year, while Indiana is still one of the strongest in the East.

Milwaukee was lucky to win a couple of games. Memphis is a much more experienced and more organized team, will get a clear victory here.

Sixers should be favourites against the young Hornets, who have managed to play a couple of good games like Milwaukee, but in reality they are both weak.

Nuggets will just demolish the Rockets. They will shut down Harden and the rest of the team is unable to score much, while Nuggets will score a bunch. Much deeper and stronger team than the Rockets.

Lakers need this one to get back on track. Expect razor sharp focus.

Kings and Pistons are both weak teams, but Kings have much more talent.

Spurs and Clippers is gonna be a close game, but I continue betting on Spurs, experience gives them a slight edge.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 9-7 (56%)

October 8:

Chicago +2
    LA Clippers -1

Bulls are usually very strong at home and I think they are more organized. Thibodeau is one of the best coaches and will figure something out. Unless KD or someone else has a monster game, I think Bulls have the edge here. I expect Westbrook to struggle against the Bulls.

Clippers just had a great game against the Spurs. Hopefully they can carry on that energy into today's game. They are also stronger and deeper team. Jamal Crawford playing against his former team, maybe has some extra motivation. Blazers have been quite weak and inconsistent this year, lack of interior scoring, Batum shooting too many threes and Lillard still adjusting to NBA.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 10-8 (55%)

November 9:

Miami -5.5
    Milwaukee -3
    Brooklyn -2.5

Miami clearly stronger and deeper than Atlanta. Hard to believe Atlanta manages to pull off another upset, so it's safer to bet on the champs here, hopefully they cover the spread as well.

Wizards are just a mess, so betting against them. Bucks seem to be quite motivated, especially Jennings, so I expect them to focus here and get a strong W.

Brooklyn and Orlando seem to be quite equal. Betting on Brooklyn just because of D-Will and JJ. Orlando doesn't have anyone to match their clutch scoring.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 13-8 (61%)

November 10:

Boston +1.5
    Nuggets -2.5

Expect Boston to bounce back from yesterday's loss and win against the unstable Milwaukee team. In general, I don't believe in Jennings + Ellis backcourt, they seem to take too many low percentage shots and bad decisions on the floor. Their frontline is weak too. Can't see Boston losing to Milwaukee again (they already lost the season opener at home last week).

Denver is one of the strongest and deepest teams in the West, playing with a lot of energy. Faried is playing like in a fast forward mode and Andre Miller is one of the smartest players in the league. They should be clear favourites over the young Warriors.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 15-8 (65%)

November 12:

Miami -5
    Denver -4

Miami will bounce back from the loss to Grizzlies and demolish the young Rockets. Hopefully they cover the spread too.

I also continue betting on the Nuggets, who are playing with a lot of energy and have one of the deepest teams with great coaching. I believe they should have a clear edge against the Suns and hopefully it's gonna be a high scoring game where they cover the spread too.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 15-10 (60%)

November 14:

Charlotte +7
    Golden State -1

I see value here, because TWolves have half of the team out with injuries. Bobcats are one of the weakest, especially on the road, but I still feel they have a good chance to cover the spread. It can go either way, but I do think there is a high chance it's gonna be a close game.

Al Horford game-time decision with stomach bug, Devin Harris out too. I think Warriors have a great chance to win this one.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 17-10 (63%)

November 16:

Golden State +1.5
    Phoenix +9
    Memphis -6

Betting on the Warriors, because TWolves have half of the team out with injuries and they were down big against the Bobcats the other day. They will have trouble scoring points, best offensive player is Kirilenko at the moment. Warriors on the other hand have several very good shooters.

Lakers are in transition, still learning how to play together, so I guess it's gonna be a close game with the Suns, who have played quite well recently. I think Lakers will win by 4-5 points.

Taking Grizzlies against the Knicks. Grizzlies seem to be very solid this year, one of the strongest in the West. Knicks are due to have a weak game. They have a good excuse to lose this one, nobody will say anything since they just surprised the Spurs in the previous game.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 19-11 (63%)

November 17:

Utah -3
    Memphis -5.5

Utah has just so much more talent and experience compared to the Wizards, who are the worst team in the league right now. I expect Utah to take a clear win and improve their road record.

Grizzlies are the hottest team in the league right now and should continue their winning streak against the Bobcats. Hopefully they will cover the spread too. Moneyline might be a better bet than the spread here, but for the sake of consistency I only keep posting spreads here in this thread.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 21-11 (65%)

November 19:

Indiana -3
    Houston +6.5
    Warriors +5.5
    Nuggets +6.5

Looks like many good plays tonight, but of course, it can always go either way. Still, it looks like Pacers should demolish the Wizards. I watched Jazz @ Wizards the other day and Wizards were just horrible. It's hard to imagine them winning any games anytime soon Hence betting against them. Pacers have underperformed so far, so this is a must win game for them.

Jazz didn't impress me either. They also played very badly, but somehow managed to beat the Wizards. They seem to lack leadership, it's not clear who is their go-to-guy. They pass the ball around and somebody ends up taking a bad shot. Rockets have a clear go-to-guy in Harden and they also play more organized game, better ball movement. Even though Lin and Asik are horrible, they should still keep up with the Jazz and I think it's gonna be a close game.

Warriors @ Mavs. I think Warriors are quite solid this year. Lee and Landry provide some low post scoring. I hope it's gonna be a close game. Mavs may take the W, but Warriors should cover the spread.

As regards Grizzlies, I think it's time for them to have a weak game. This streak can't continue forever and Nuggets are not much worse either. Nuggets have been underperforming, so they are motivated to prove they still belong into West elite. Lawson should outplay Conley and Faried will be a nuisance for Z-Bo. Will be an exciting game, but I see value betting on the Nuggets. If not winning, then at least covering the spread.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 24-12 (66%)

November 21:

Chicago -1.5
    San Antonio -1.5
    New York -3
    Denver -3
    Philadelphia -4

Again, many good plays today. All of these are road teams, which is a bit worrying and probably 1 or 2 teams will lose, but it's hard to say which ones
    . Anyway here it goes:

Taking Chicago over Houston, because I still think that Lin and Asik are liabilities and Harden was a bit sick and perhaps running out of steam. Bulls are much more organized and have an advantage here.

Taking Spurs over Celtics, purely because Celtics have been weak this year. They haven't won a game against a quality team this year yet.

Taking Knicks over Mavs, because I think they are deeper and stronger than Mavs. Also, Jason Kidd playing against his former team. Mavs are quite unstable, no proven reliable scorer.

Taking Nuggets over TWolves, because TWolves are have half of the team injured and no offensive weapons at all. Nuggets should take a clear win here.

Taking Sixers over Cavs, because Kyrie is out. Enough said.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 26-15 (63%)

November 23:

New York -4.5
    Orlando -4.5
    L.A. Clippers -2.5
    Oklahoma City -3

Knicks much stronger than Rockets. Can't see Harden winning this one. Lin and Asik will continue underperforming. Carmelo will outplay Harden. Rest of the Knicks are more experienced than Rockets. Hopefully they cover the spread too.

Betting against the Cavs. Hard to believe them winning twice in a row without Kyrie. Orlando have some players back, plus homecourt advantage.

Clippers stronger and deeper than Brooklyn Nets. This is the play I'm most worried about. But still would give a small edge to the Clippers, because they have played very well this year.

Thunder much younger and more athletic than the Celtics. Unless Celtics manages to slow down the tempo and play a very smart game, I think Thunder will just run away with the W.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 26-19 (58%)

November 24:

Cleveland +15
    L.A. Lakers -1.5
    L.A. Clippers -2
    Oklahoma City -4

Miami is stronger than Cleveland, but +15 spread sounds a bit too much. I expect Lakers to bounce back with a strong win. Same goes with the Clippers and Thunder. No time for further analysis today.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 29-20 (59%)

November 28:

Orlando +7.5
    Charlotte +9

Spurs may get another road win, but I think it's quite unlikely they continue with blowouts. Orlando is quite ok team too. I think it's gonna be a close game.

Bobcats are not that much worse than the Hawks. I expect focused effort from the Bobcats, especially following their terrible 45 point loss the other day.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 30-21 (59%)

December 1:

Boston +3

Celtics are just much more organized and smarter than the Bucks. Definitely favourites here.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

kool...u seem confident on this one

BetRanger

The Boston game was a push, so doesn't count against my current record. No good bets today, all the lines seem to be more or less ok.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 30-21 (59%)

December 4:

Lakers -1
    Phoenix +10
    Brooklyn +4
    Minnesota +3

I believe Lakers will bounce back. Jamison replacing Pau should actually help them.

Phoenix are not that much worse than Memphis. I think there is a good chance it's gonna be a close game. Grizzlies perhaps taking it a bit easier after some tough games recently.

OKC at Brooklyn - I have a feeling Westbrook will screw up the game and Brooklyn takes the W I think OKC management should have traded Westbrook and kept Harden.

Kevin Love + Kirilenko should be enough to take the W for Minnesota.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 31-23 (57%)

Yesterday's Phoenix game was a push. Bad luck, because the game went into OT and Phoenix couldn't score anymore, losing exactly by 10.

December 5:

Minnesota +6

It seems to me Celtics are a bit tired and TWolves are gaining momentum. I think it's gonna be a close game.
    Points Awarded:

gabe gave BetRanger 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 31-24 (56%)

December 14:

Lakers -5.5
    Boston +2.5
    Orlando +4

Lakers will bounce back and destroy the Wizards.

Boston should be a favourite against the Rockets imho. I still think Rockets are quite weak and unstable team. Boston have so much more experience. That should matter.

Betting against Warriors winning streak. It's about time for them to lose one game on the road.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 33-25 (57%)

December 16:

Lakers -3

Lakers are getting back on track. They are going to play with a lot of urgency and focus. Sixers on the other hand, still seem to be quite weak and unstable.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 34-25 (57%)

December 17:

Minnesota -3.5

Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio are back, Minnesota is quite strong and deep. I think they have an edge over the young Orlando team.

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 34-26 (57%)

December 23:

Minnesota +8.5

Betting on the TWolves again. I think it's gonna be a close game with the Knicks. TWolves have a strong frontline and should match up well with Knicks.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

No Kevin Love.

BetRanger

Oops, indeed, I somehow missed that Kevin Love is out. But TWolves lead 55-46 at halftime, so looking good so far

BetRanger

My current W-L record is 35-26 (57%)

December 29:

Orlando -1.5
    LA Clippers -2.5
    Charlotte +9.5

Orlando is playing much more disciplined basketball and I expect them to beat the Wizards.

Betting on Clippers, because I think Utah is too weak to end Clippers' winning streak.

Brooklyn is likely to win the game, but Bobcats should also play well, because they are motivated to end their own losing streak. I think it's gonna be a close game.

BetRanger

Bad day yesterday missing all 3 bets.

My current W-L record is 35-29 (55%)

December 30:

Charlotte +3.5
    Cleveland +8.5
    Denver +6
    Miami -4.5

Bobcats should finally win one game, hopefully it's today against the Hornets. At least, I think it's likely to be a close game, not a blowout at home.

Cleveland hopefully manages to keep up with the Brooklyn Nets today. I think 8.5 is a bit too large spread.

Nuggets are not much worse than Grizzlies imho. Yes, Grizzlies have a better record, but Nuggets have had tougher schedule and some unlucky losses.

Miami should definitely get a W against the Bucks. Monta and Brandon Jennings will struggle against the Heat defence.