hamwaggle
    hamwaggle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the Pacers...here's why

I am confident that grabbing the Pacers ATS @ -2 is a steal of a bet. I hate people that use the term lock on every penetrating pick they make so I am not saying it is a lock, but I am highly confident in that pick.

I am from Indianapolis so I have followed the Pacers very closely for quite a while, but am not biased when it comes to making picks. Here are the reasons I am taking the Pacers ATS.

1.) The line has moved in favor of Toronto mostly from the news that Danny Granger will be out for an indefinite period. Granger is a star and the leading scorer, but they have improved their depth on the bench and the replacement, Gerald Green, is a solid player with NBA experience that has played VERY well in the summer league and in preseason.

2.) The Raptors are trash, I mean common let's be honest they were 23-43 last year and the "major" changes that they made to their squad are not that impressive in my opinion.

3.) Roy Hibbert should be getting a few more opportunities to get the ball inside the paint to score some more baskets with Granger's absence (Granger loves to shoot). Hibbert will be utilized more now, and he will do work tomorrow.

I was going to write more about the drastic improvement of George Hill, Hansbrough, and Paul George, but I got bored and this is already too long, so yeah, I am putting a bill on the Pacers ATS.

What are your thoughts?

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice insight I was there to see the game against the Thunder last spring, city is great and will be back this year. I really like this teams potential and some of that takes a hit with Granger out but like you said the depth will help. I took the Pacers to win the Central so I will be pulling for them this year.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

nice insight? lol morelike waste of time.

WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Home opener in Toronto. No Granger. Will most likely be a closely contested game. I don't know if Indiana -3.5 has much value in this spot.

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

Valanciunas is going to contain Hibbert bro. Raptors are being heavily underrated but they are certainly not trash.

Raptors +2

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by hamwaggle View Post
    I am confident that grabbing the Pacers ATS @ -2 is a steal of a bet. I hate people that use the term lock on every penetrating pick they make so I am not saying it is a lock, but I am highly confident in that pick.

I am from Indianapolis so I have followed the Pacers very closely for quite a while, but am not biased when it comes to making picks. Here are the reasons I am taking the Pacers ATS.

1.) The line has moved in favor of Toronto mostly from the news that Danny Granger will be out for an indefinite period. Granger is a star and the leading scorer, but they have improved their depth on the bench and the replacement, Gerald Green, is a solid player with NBA experience that has played VERY well in the summer league and in preseason.

2.) The Raptors are trash, I mean common let's be honest they were 23-43 last year and the "major" changes that they made to their squad are not that impressive in my opinion.

3.) Roy Hibbert should be getting a few more opportunities to get the ball inside the paint to score some more baskets with Granger's absence (Granger loves to shoot). Hibbert will be utilized more now, and he will do work tomorrow.

I was going to write more about the drastic improvement of George Hill, Hansbrough, and Paul George, but I got bored and this is already too long, so yeah, I am putting a bill on the Pacers ATS.

What are your thoughts?
    Just like how you follow your home team, others follow their home teams as well. I live in Toronto, but i am a gambler first. I know when to bet against this team and tonight is very risky. Indiana is a better team than the Raptors, but Raptors are not trash. They have improved since last season and they are going to be fired up tonight cuz of the home opener. It is going to be a close game that can go either way. I wouldn't call Indiana -2 a steal. The line seems like a solid one. Not sure whether Bargnani is playing tonight. If he doesn't play, that may affect their offence. I am going to stay away from this game.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raptors suck SU but are NASTY ATS.

being a toronto homer it's easy to say "oh they'll let down, toronto team ALWAYS let down" but I see the raps taking tonights game.

vaas187

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Just like how you follow your home team, others follow their home teams as well. I live in Toronto, but i am a gambler first. I know when to bet against this team and tonight is very risky. Indiana is a better team than the Raptors, but Raptors are not trash. They have improved since last season and they are going to be fired up tonight cuz of the home opener. It is going to be a close game that can go either way. I wouldn't call Indiana -2 a steal. The line seems like a solid one. Not sure whether Bargnani is playing tonight. If he doesn't play, that may affect their offence. I am going to stay away from this game.
    he isn't playing.

Anakata
    Anakata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

last 3 season openers Rap 3-0 I'll take my chances and see if the trend should continue! Good Luck tonight with your pick.

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    he isn't playing.
    Yes he is.

Michael Grange @michaelgrangeCasey: 'Andrea is going to play, he's got his fluids in him, he's good to go' #NBA #Raptors

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

I too will take Toronto and the points tonight.. GL

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    nice insight? lol morelike waste of time.
    Nice contribution guy.

Hax
    Hax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by secueritae View Post
    Valanciunas is going to contain Hibbert bro. Raptors are being heavily underrated but they are certainly not trash.

Raptors +2
    Back in Lithuania Valanciunas often under performed under pressure. He was terrible in the finals and he also didn't do any good in the olympics. If he gets out there and plays his game, then the raptors might win. Otherwise, Hibbert might have a career night.

vaas187

Quote Originally Posted by secueritae View Post
    Yes he is.
    Thanks for the correction, ive seen the guy warm the bench more than the ACC last year so figured he'd pull the same stunts.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by hamwaggle View Post

What are your thoughts?
    I wouldn't take this guy too seriously. He's too dumb to check the lines for the following day.
    Last edited by A4K; 10-31-12 at 08:51 PM.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Anyone on Indiana -2 tonight has to feel like a winner...