brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I'm in Houston so I'm pretty excited about getting Harden

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Houston won the trade!! Kevin Martin can't guard a pole let alone the dudes on miami..
    Houston will be contending to stay out of the lottery for the next 5 years. OKC will be contending for a title.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Houston will be contending to stay out of the lottery for the next 5 years. OKC will be contending for a title.
    Houston's been contending to stay out of the lottery for a while now, and I think they've recognized this. I think they are starting to realize Houstonians are getting sick of this mentality.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

kevin martin is overpaid
    he makes about 13mil plus he will be a free agent
    i dont think they will be trying to extend him unless he takes a severe pay cut

they are basically trading harden for bunch of young ballers with potential
    its a gamble because many many many of them never pan out as much
    definately a risk considering how close they are to a title
    but u cant really criticize OKC, this was going to happen, u cant pay every1 a max deal

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

morey is gambling he can use all that cap space to bring in an elite player next summer built around lin and harden being second and third pieces.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Sam Presti is brilliant.

He has his 1st squad in westbrook, durant, ibaka, sefalosha, perkins.

2nd squad (maybe): maynor, k-mart, collison, PJ3, lamb.. That's not a bad bench.

PLUS a plethora of 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

Don't be surprised if Presti puts martin, draft picks, and whoever else into a nice little package and trades them for somebody nice. The man came out of the spurs organization under RC Buford... He knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by Reedeman; 10-28-12 at 06:19 PM.

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Just on a personal level, I was already starting to get interested in the Rockets because of Lin and the way thy asserted themselves in preseason play. Now, with Harden, I'll be pretty motivated to get a look or two any time their games are televised.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Houston probably a playoff team now.
    Lol, lin and harden aren't proven players as a starter for a full season! And they make playoff? That's a joke! Straight up lottery team!
    Last edited by play4win; 10-28-12 at 07:14 PM.

jsmithj88

lin and harden both need the ball
    it will be interesting to see how they play together ...........

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    I love the delusional okc fans convincing themselves that this was a good trade when they know it is not.
    It was a good trade. OKC could have had Harden for one more year and then have gotten nothing in return as he would have been a free agent.

Instead, OKC gets Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, a lot of draft picks, and saves money. I loved Lamb when he was at Uconn and Martin has been underrated his whole career. Not to mention, OKC has stocked up on draft picks so the Thunder have the ability to make all kinds of other moves.

I would have loved for Harden to stay but we couldn't sign him. OKC made an offer of 55 million and he wanted 60 so OKC let him go.

OKC is going to be a contender for a while. The Thunder didn't need to go all in this year and keep Harden. Instead of locking up 60 million in a guy that doesn't even start, OKC just got deeper and wealthier.

I knew this was going to come after OKC locked up Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It was a good trade. OKC could have had Harden for one more year and then have gotten nothing in return as he would have been a free agent.

Instead, OKC gets Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, a lot of draft picks, and saves money. I loved Lamb when he was at Uconn and Martin has been underrated his whole career. Not to mention, OKC has stocked up on draft picks so the Thunder have the ability to make all kinds of other moves.

I would have loved for Harden to stay but we couldn't sign him. OKC made an offer of 55 million and he wanted 60 so OKC let him go.

OKC is going to be a contender for a while. The Thunder didn't need to go all in this year and keep Harden. Instead of locking up 60 million in a guy that doesn't even start, OKC just got deeper and wealthier.

I knew this was going to come after OKC locked up Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.
    mayb for this year, OKC is still a contender but it is not an improvement from last years squad.
    martin is in a contract year and he makes 13million. will he take a pay cut to stay, does okc even want to resign him?
    this may end up being a salary dump + draft picks
    those draft picks may or may not pan out

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    mayb for this year, OKC is still a contender but it is not an improvement from last years squad.
    martin is in a contract year and he makes 13million. will he take a pay cut to stay, does okc even want to resign him?
    this may end up being a salary dump + draft picks
    those draft picks may or may not pan out
    OKC gets Maynor back from injury.

But yes, I agree losing Harden will hurt this year. With that said, I don't think my Thunder will win it all this year anyway. I think people forget how young this team still is.

Durant - 23
    Westbrook - 23
    Ibaka -23

I feel like the Thunder did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. I don't really care about Martin, he will be a fine replacement this year. After that, I really like Lamb and the draft picks.

Also, OKC drafted Perry Jones. The guy has a ton of potential. He might not pan out but OKC had the ability to take a gamble on him.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC gets Maynor back from injury.

But yes, I agree losing Harden will hurt this year. With that said, I don't think my Thunder will win it all this year anyway. I think people forget how young this team still is.

Durant - 23
    Westbrook - 23
    Ibaka -23

I feel like the Thunder did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. I don't really care about Martin, he will be a fine replacement this year. After that, I really like Lamb and the draft picks.

Also, OKC drafted Perry Jones. The guy has a ton of potential. He might not pan out but OKC had the ability to take a gamble on him.
    i dont think kmart is the answer to OKC's championship puzzle
    they more or less took a gamble that some of those young players/draft picks will translate into missing championship pieces for their team
    for now, those young pieces are the key to their future success

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

The Dallas mavericks letting Tyson Chandler go thinks this was a dumb move

Nuggz
    Nuggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Exactly, the team is young not broken. They just need to get older. I don't know if I like this trade. I really didn't when I first heard, I've mulled it over, still don't, but I suppose it could work out in their favor. OKC just needed experience and some tweaks on the bench and they should get a title in the next decade. But I could see the big market teams running conference finals next couple years instead and OKC falling off a bit. I'd bet the former though. Which will piss me off when that happens being from Seattle. Unless we have a new shitty team by then.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thunder made out... Harden already sorry...

"It happened so fast, it happened very fast," Harden said.
    "But this is the position I'm in in now. Just have to make the best out of it.
    I'm with Houston now. I just have to come in here and play hard and win games."

these are comments that a person makes after an accident.. or something very unfortunate.
    Wherein, if they had a bit more time to reflect would have acted otherwise differently..

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ouston-rockets

Harden loses this one.. i feel for him.. from a "team of the decade" to a missing the playoffs 3 yrs in a row.

the GM that built and selected Durant, Westbrook.. and others will do great with those players and picks..
    Thunder going right back to Finals. Good players improve around greatness, by watching.. Pippen became that good watching Jordan every day. This will improve Martin, Lamb... and those picks..

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

KMart plays no defense at all. He relies on his flops to get to the free throw line and is practically a very poor mans Ray Allen who cant stay healthy. I'm glad to see that guy leave Houston.

I don't expect much from my Rockets other then a mediocre season. Lin, Harden, Parsons, Patterson and Asik should atleast make this season interesting.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

kmart will be a scoring beast off the bench, that guy is accurate

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

from a yahoo article i read, harden shouldn't be surprised it happened so fast. they explained the situation to him and even told him we are looking to trade you if you will not sign this deal. all the other players made concession on money so for harden to call their bluff was not something okc was going to deal with. they wanted to trade him while his value was at the highest.

humble
    humble's Avatar Become A Pro!

harden is a flop, he flopped in the finals last year and doesnt play well under the pump.

I think Okc made a great move trading him off.

First 1234