I posted this in another thread, but thought to make one for anyone that MUST bet on the pre-season:

My advice on capping NBA pre-season games (If you must):

Rank the depth of the bench. (When betting the full game) ... Starters really don't matter much in pre-season. Best bench and rookies, usually win SU (let alone cover). Can make a lot of $ on the money lines in pre-season.

Read Twitter posts from the teams to see who will be playing, and how many minutes. Also, it's usually revealed the style of play the team wants to run in certain games. (This can really help when picking totals).

Bet the foreign teams to win ATS and sometimes SU... For the NBA teams, these are warm-up games, tweaking, trying new plays etc. For the foreign teams, especially the good ones... Barcelona, for example.. They are treating this as one of the most important games of their careers. They want to impress, and also have it as a credit that they beat an NBA team. The bookies understand that 90% of all bettors will take NBA teams against the Europeans... Because? Wel.. They are NBA teams! Be smart, and understand the foreign teams will play HARD and win most of the time, well.. at least cover!

Having said all this, I rarely bet pre-season games... Although, following these steps will ensure you don't ruin your bankroll before the start of the real season Good luck!