alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Bet365 moving goal posts on settlement of bets

A couple of nights ago a number of posters on here (including myself) played an in play bet when the Conn Suns (Who were playing the phx Mercury) were trailing by 10 points in the 2nd qtr. Bet 365 had odds of 10/3 and 5/2 amongst others on them winning at the time. By half time they had reeled in the Phx Mercury and went onto to win the game. I made two bets taking both prices mentioned above. Bet365 claimed the line was an ERROR and settled the bets at odds of 1/2. This is not the first time its happened to me. The difference is the settlement was €700 for me. I called them and spoke for some of their traders who apologised and said they would give me €100 to make up for it. I refused this and told them to close my account with immediate effect as my trust in the company was no more. This is not the first time Bet 365 have done this and people should be very very aware. Mods if you are reading this please advise on how I go about registering a formal complaint.

Regards,
    alamo
    Last edited by alamo; 09-14-12 at 12:17 PM.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Guys just an update, IBAS (Independent ruling body for betting) ruled in my favour on this case and my money was settled at the correct odds. Just dont let any bookie bully you guys. Especially Bet365 who are notorious for this. And yes - I have closed my account with them.
    Just said I'd let you know.

Bull_Shark
    Bull_Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Good job mate, good on you for following through and getting what you were owed .. I've been down a similar path with a few books over the years (limiting my bets, generally making life difficult ect) and its all a learning experience .. eventually you weed out the shitty books and settle with the ones that don't play games and aren't scared of long term winners ...