hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Kobe in Olympics

so... what are your thoughts people? Kobe posting up, bricking shots, taking difficult shots, traveling, stupid fouls, not really fitting in the team. As soon as the is on the floor, he always get the ball to post up, which kills the rhythm, ball movement stops. He is playing as if he is trying to prove something. I would say in the 2012/13 season Kobe's age will take over and his game will slow down quite much.

PS - if a situation when USA is down 1 with few seconds left should happen, I would still give Kobe the ball.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

isn't he too busy trying to root that australian swimmer stephanie rice?..thats what the australian athletes are saying on the radio today.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    so... what are your thoughts people? Kobe posting up, bricking shots, taking difficult shots, traveling, stupid fouls, not really fitting in the team. As soon as the is on the floor, he always get the ball to post up, which kills the rhythm, ball movement stops. He is playing as if he is trying to prove something. I would say in the 2012/13 season Kobe's age will take over and his game will slow down quite much.

PS - if a situation when USA is down 1 with few seconds left should happen, I would still give Kobe the ball.
    And that is what creates this monster, and the only reason why the US could lose. Any coach who was simply trying to win and was objectively evaluating the best lineups would not be starting Kobe. He has been pure awful. But not starting him would be an insult and would cause all kinds of trouble. He has to be paid tribute by being a starter and getting minutes.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

the guy is way past his prime. he is neither clutch nor a smart basketball player

just look at his performance vs okc in the semis

dude needs to retire

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    the guy is way past his prime. he is neither clutch nor a smart basketball player

just look at his performance vs okc in the semis

dude needs to retire
    lol over 30 points a game. Shut your mouth. Not a smart player? Get silenced.

Kobe had a great game in the quarters against Australia last time I checked.

Who's gonna start over Bryant? He's the only star 2 guard on the entire team. The next 2 guard is James Harden who is the 11th man on the team and not even a top 30 player in the nba.

faheemrob
    faheemrob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

Kobe is not past his prime.... still a beast...

jizay
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Kobe had a great game in the quarters against Australia last time I checked.
    You obviously didn't watch the game. Kobe was 0/5 with 3 turnovers well into the 3rd, and all 5 shots were stupid. When the US broke it open in the 4th and already had a 16 point lead, he then went wild and hit 3 or 4 threes.

I'm not the one saying he's too old or that he's not good in the NBA, but he's been terrible in the Olympics. I don't think his focus and effort are there. Going iso is fine on other teams, but inexcusable when you've got 5 terrific players on the court at all times. They should ALWAYS get good looks, but he insists on holding the ball and then shooting contested shots.

younghandicapper
    younghandicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have a video of his 6 straight 3s? Wanna watch it!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the game. Kobe was 0/5 with 3 turnovers well into the 3rd, and all 5 shots were stupid. When the US broke it open in the 4th and already had a 16 point lead, he then went wild and hit 3 or 4 threes.

I'm not the one saying he's too old or that he's not good in the NBA, but he's been terrible in the Olympics. I don't think his focus and effort are there. Going iso is fine on other teams, but inexcusable when you've got 5 terrific players on the court at all times. They should ALWAYS get good looks, but he insists on holding the ball and then shooting contested shots.
    i don't miss usa games, ever. That's Kobe's style. He's not gonna change now. Kobe is the one that broke the game open, not the US. He hit a three, then got a steal, a 3 on the other end.

All that matters is that in the games that matter Kobe will be there and will do his job. Nothing else matters if the US keeps winning. Kobe will be a stud in the finals, you'll see. Just like in 08 when he wasn't playing too well. Who brought it home in the clutch moments in the 4th?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

he doesnt fit in well on this team, no doubt about it, could say that about some other guys but its not gonna matter anyways.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

If it wasn't for Kobe, the US wouldn't have gotten gold in Beijing. He was the one guy that bailed their ass out when it got crunch time.

I agree, he's played like shit at times this Olympics and has taken a lot of what the fuk shots, forcing the issue but he doesn't choke in crunch time and don't give a shit if he's 0-10, he knows he's going to make the next shot.

jizay
    Update your status

All that matters is that in the games that matter Kobe will be there and will do his job. Nothing else matters if the US keeps winning. Kobe will be a stud in the finals, you'll see. Just like in 08 when he wasn't playing too well. Who brought it home in the clutch moments in the 4th?
    My problem with him is that he's one of the reasons there is a clutch moment in the first place. If the team just plays right, there won't be a close game in the 4th.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    If it wasn't for Kobe, the US wouldn't have gotten gold in Beijing. He was the one guy that bailed their ass out when it got crunch time.

I agree, he's played like shit at times this Olympics and has taken a lot of what the fuk shots, forcing the issue but he doesn't choke in crunch time and don't give a shit if he's 0-10, he knows he's going to make the next shot.
    i remember that, he really did save their asses SINGLE handedly

jizay
    Update your status

To show Goaty I can be fair, Kobe looks very sharp today. He keyed the fast start.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

i don't miss usa games, ever. That's Kobe's style. He's not gonna change now. Kobe is the one that broke the game open, not the US. He hit a three, then got a steal, a 3 on the other end.

lol goat you are an idiot, you need to WATCH the Olympic games to understand what the op is saying

kobe is total and utter garbage, he is making so many mistakes/fouls in the game, he is the #1 reason the USA has fail to cover the spread the majority of their games

kobe has always been garbage, if it wasn't for the 7 footers to bail him out of his 20% shooting percentage the guy would be totally exposed!!!

jizay
    Update your status

...and of course, he's gone right back to being Olympics Kobe ever since.

Don't think he's scored since the 1st and missing all kinds of bad shots.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

took USA -21.5 live. Soon after Kobe turns the ball over, makes a bad foul on ginobili 2+1, bricks 10 footer.

Goat Milk

Bryant shoots 50% for the game and plays good D on ginobli for most of the time and still gets hate

won't ever stop.

The Factor
    The Factor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    lol goat you are an idiot, you need to WATCH the Olympic games to understand what the op is saying

kobe is total and utter garbage, he is making so many mistakes/fouls in the game, he is the #1 reason the USA has fail to cover the spread the majority of their games

kobe has always been garbage, if it wasn't for the 7 footers to bail him out of his 20% shooting percentage the guy would be totally exposed!!!
    you're a ******* idiot. Kobe has been to the finals 7 times thats almost half his career yet he is garbage? lmao did you see him guarding scola in the post? 3 for 6 from 3. The greatest coach in the history of the nba let kobe do whatever he wanted because he is such garbage HAHAHa dont make me laugh

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

the never ending hate

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

your a fool if you dont think Kobe's game is slowly diminshing.

jizay
    Update your status

Kobe will be a stud in the finals, you'll see. Just like in 08 when he wasn't playing too well. Who brought it home in the clutch moments in the 4th?
    Here's what I saw in the 4th: Llull blows by Kobe for an easy layup. Kobe takes and misses several bad 3s. Kobe has a terrible turnover at key juncture under 5 minutes left to keep Spain in it. You were wrong, he was no stud when they needed it.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Here's what I saw in the 4th: Llull blows by Kobe for an easy layup. Kobe takes and misses several bad 3s. Kobe has a terrible turnover at key juncture under 5 minutes left to keep Spain in it. You were wrong, he was no stud when they needed it.
    Bryant once again shoots 50% and average 1.7 points per shot--which is phenomenal.

did you watch the whole game?

Did you see what Bryant said after Navarro unleashed on the US in the first half? How many points did he score in the second half?

You still don't understand. Contested shots are part of Kobe's game. He's the only guy that can make them. You only focus on the misses and I bet you're the type of guy that says "he was lucky" if he makes it.

Kobe saved his best game for the finals and if you don't think so then you weren't watching very closely.

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

I heard that Lebron won't be playing in the 2020 Olympics kind of shadowing kobe "retireing from olympics"

v-zero
    v-zero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

At this point in his career Kobe is a below average basketball player. Inefficient shooting and does nothing else of much value. He only gets a load of points because he takes so many shots, which isn't good at all. At his best Kobe was a great pure shooting guard like Ginobili, but because he was helped to several titles by talented teammates he gets compared to players like Magic and Jordan, when really he should be compared to players like Wade and Ginobili.
    With Wade out Harden should have been starting, but Kobe gets the royal treatment even though he drags his teams down.
    Last edited by v-zero; 08-14-12 at 11:56 AM.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v-zero View Post
    At this point in his career Kobe is a below average basketball player. Inefficient shooting and does nothing else of much value. He only gets a load of points because he takes so many shots, which isn't good at all. At his best Kobe was a great pure shooting guard like Ginobili, but because he was helped to several titles by talented teammates he gets compared to players like Magic and Jordan, when really he should be compared to players like Wade and Ginobili.
    With Wade out Harden should have been starting, but Kobe gets the royal treatment even though he drags his teams down.
    kobe is still one of the best in the nba, hes not below average

v-zero
    v-zero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

What can I say? The numbers suggest otherwise.

jizay
    Update your status

Kobe saved his best game for the finals and if you don't think so then you weren't watching very closely.
    You have passed over into full blown psychosis. Kobe sucked, especially in the 4th.

GoBigOrGetBroke
    GoBigOrGetBroke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Kobes weak performance in the NBA for sure has to do with all the slores he was banging in London