Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anthony just wants to control ball and score

Its a disaster to win in NBA

Knicks 500 type team until they get rid of him
    Another great post

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Steet cred. Melo is the second coming of Glenn Robinson. As others have said, he's a one trick pony... he can score. Not that that is a bad thing, but he is HIGHLY overrated. He can put the ball into the basket, but isn't particularly concerned with doing anything else. I think more people are on to his act since he was traded though.

daonlyplaya
    daonlyplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Of course he deserves to be on the team. He's a streaky shooter and can put up points in no time. Maybe only durant beats him in that regard

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    Steet cred. Melo is the second coming of Glenn Robinson. As others have said, he's a one trick pony... he can score. Not that that is a bad thing, but he is HIGHLY overrated. He can put the ball into the basket, but isn't particularly concerned with doing anything else. I think more people are on to his act since he was traded though.
    Anthony a second coming of Robinson? Thanks from popping out of hole to make that statement. Melo is one of the best scorers in the history of the game. Robinson no where near his level.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Another awful performance from the weak link on the team. Plays 12 minutes, hits every shot and leads the team in scoring.

Harold Baines

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Anthony a second coming of Robinson? Thanks from popping out of hole to make that statement. Melo is one of the best scorers in the history of the game. Robinson no where near his level.
    Look at the stats. Two more similar players you won't find. Anthony scores more, but he shoots more. For most of his career, Robinson had to share the ball with Ray Allen. Robinson actually had a higher career FG, FT, 3 PT% than Anthony has thus far. All other stats are very close. It's by no means an insult to compare anyone with Robinson, he was an underrated player in my view, but I stand by my assertion that Anthony is overrated.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    Look at the stats. Two more similar players you won't find. Anthony scores more, but he shoots more. For most of his career, Robinson had to share the ball with Ray Allen. Robinson actually had a higher career FG, FT, 3 PT% than Anthony has thus far. All other stats are very close. It's by no means an insult to compare anyone with Robinson, he was an underrated player in my view, but I stand by my assertion that Anthony is overrated.
    Bro Robinson never ONCE average over 25 ppg for a season. Mello has done it 5/9 years. Melo shoots 45.6% and RObinson shot 45.9% and thats the stats you're bringing up? It's the same.

FG % is one of the most overrated stats out there by the way. Wade is close to 49% for his career. Why? Because he plays in the paint. One of the best paint guards in history. What about his jumper? He has none. No where near Bryant all time though the stats may say otherwise.

Mello gets to the FT line almost 8 times a game for his career. Robinson- 4.4 for his career. Mello much stronger in the paint.

Anthony is a stud. And still entering his prime. Best days are ahead of him and already one of the best scorers in history of the game.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Seems to be the weak link on the team. I can think of at least 40-50 guys that would of been better than Melo on this team. If we lose it will be because of him.
    If they lose? Who are they going to lose too??? Melo is on vacation and in slow mo....

Harold Baines

Bro Robinson never ONCE average over 25 ppg for a season. Mello has done it 5/9 years. Melo shoots 45.6% and RObinson shot 45.9% and thats the stats you're bringing up? It's the same.

FG % is one of the most overrated stats out there by the way. Wade is close to 49% for his career. Why? Because he plays in the paint. One of the best paint guards in history. What about his jumper? He has none. No where near Bryant all time though the stats may say otherwise.

Mello gets to the FT line almost 8 times a game for his career. Robinson- 4.4 for his career. Mello much stronger in the paint.

Anthony is a stud. And still entering his prime. Best days are ahead of him and already one of the best scorers in history of the game.
    I will agree with you that Anthony has a better post game than Robinson did, but that's not saying much. I'll also grant you that Anthony is the better player, but not by that much....the comparison certainly isn't that absurd. Very similar players/style of play in my view. Obviously, it's in for all the cool kids to trash Melo these days...I'm guilty as charged for partaking in that a bit, but I don't have a problem with him on the Olympic squad. At the same time, I doubt that he will ever take a team very far in the NBA as the main cog.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

10-12 from three

37 points

what a scrub

Cuse0323

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

lot of dumb fukn posts in here....get buckets

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    10-12 from three

37 points

what a scrub
    In 14 minutes? How?????????????????

Goat Milk

this thread might haunt you forever. just stop posting in the nba section. stick to players talk.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

Haha I'm not even a big Melo fan and even I have to keep coming back to this thread to laugh especially after games like today. What a joker.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Seems to be the weak link on the team. I can think of at least 40-50 guys that would of been better than Melo on this team. If we lose it will be because of him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    scoring ability

his only strength but it is a big one

weaknesses are a non-factor on a team like this
    Bump

Only idiots use this game as a reason to doubt op

If the us happens to stumble into a close game god help them if Melo is in the game in crunch time

I won't say 40-50 guys are better...ESP when you take out the internatl players but he's not one of the 12 best

Goat Milk

Bump

Only idiots use this game as a reason to doubt op

If the us happens to stumble into a close game god help them if Melo is in the game in crunch time

I won't say 40-50 guys are better...ESP when you take out the internatl players but he's not one of the 12 best
    disagree. Mello has been clutch his whole career. Obviously if it comes down to a last shot or crunch shot, everyone will give it to Bryant and get out of the way. Even Lebron and Durant will give it to Bryant and step aside.

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Bryant
    4. D. Wade
    5. Chris Paul
    6. Dwight Howard
    7. Carmello Anthony
    8. Dirk
    9. D Williams
    10. Rondo
    11. Rose

up in the air though.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Rose at 11 is laughable

Discounts your whole list

You know he won MVP last year?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

disagree. Mello has been clutch his whole career. Obviously if it comes down to a last shot or crunch shot, everyone will give it to Bryant and get out of the way. Even Lebron and Durant will give it to Bryant and step aside.

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Bryant
    4. D. Wade
    5. Chris Paul
    6. Dwight Howard
    7. Carmello Anthony
    8. Dirk
    9. D Williams
    10. Rondo
    11. Rose

up in the air though.
    Bryant may be one of the top 20 players of all time, but I do not agree with people who call him clutch. I respect his overall game, but I would not want him forcing a shot over a triple team for another airball. Give it to Lebron or Durant and live with the result.

"I'll spare you the entire list, but it's long. In the final 24 seconds of playoff games, Bryant has racked up almost as many air balls as makes, making just below 30 percent of game-tying or go-ahead shots. He hasn't hit such a shot in a playoff game, in fact, since 2008, including key misses in the closing moments against the Jazz and Magic in 2009, and the Thunder and Suns last spring. He made one of his four shots in the fourth quarter of Game 7 of last year's Finals.

No matter how you define crunch time -- from the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime to the last 24 seconds -- and no matter how you define production -- field goal percentage, offensive efficiency, David Berri's Wins Produced, the results tell the same story: Bryant is about as likely to hit the big shot as any player." ESPN
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 08-02-12 at 07:41 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Goatse has still never addressed Kobe quitting in the second half against the suns in a game 7 after he lit it up in the first half as he watched his team get buried.

Yet he calls him a cold blooded killer.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Melo is easily a top 15 player, likely a top 10 player. I've said this many times before, but other than Durant, he is the second best pure scorer in the NBA.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Melo is easily a top 15 player, likely a top 10 player. I've said this many times before, but other than Durant, he is the second best pure scorer in the NBA.
    too bad you have to play defense in the nba. oh and also have teammates. other than that he is probably top ten...

Cuse0323

Haters gonna hate.

Goat Milk

Rose at 11 is laughable

Discounts your whole list

You know he won MVP last year?
    Yes, I know. He won the MVP because of his teams record. His stats were good, not great. Wade has put up betters stats nearly every year of his career....Paul is a better PG. Not even debatable. We can diagnose it if you want. I will destroy any argument to the tee.

You can't put Rose ahead of any of those top 8. That's for sure.

I am the authority here with NBA. I call NBA championship winners before the pre-season starts. 2/3 years, only loss being Heat who got to the finals anyway. Once again I will win next year.

Bryant quit against the suns when he had Kwame Brown Luke Walton and SMush Parker in the starting lineup? A team that shouldn't even have won 10 total games, yet still made the playoffs? A team with Kwame Brown that is quoted saying "Don't pass me the ball Kobe. They'll foul me, and I won't make the free throws. I'm scared."

Yup, that team should have beat the Suns

Should I continue?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Bryant may be one of the top 20 players of all time, but I do not agree with people who call him clutch. I respect his overall game, but I would not want him forcing a shot over a triple team for another airball. Give it to Lebron or Durant and live with the result.

"I'll spare you the entire list, but it's long. In the final 24 seconds of playoff games, Bryant has racked up almost as many air balls as makes, making just below 30 percent of game-tying or go-ahead shots. He hasn't hit such a shot in a playoff game, in fact, since 2008, including key misses in the closing moments against the Jazz and Magic in 2009, and the Thunder and Suns last spring. He made one of his four shots in the fourth quarter of Game 7 of last year's Finals.

No matter how you define crunch time -- from the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime to the last 24 seconds -- and no matter how you define production -- field goal percentage, offensive efficiency, David Berri's Wins Produced, the results tell the same story: Bryant is about as likely to hit the big shot as any player." ESPN
    Bryant top 20 all time? Magic Johnson and Jerry West called him the greatest Laker ever. Bird said he is one of the most ruthless players he's ever seen. "If I want to have fun, I'll play with Lebron. If I want to win, and win, and win again, I'll play with Bryant."

Jordan said Bryant is the closest thing to him.

Yeah I guess all these Legends have no fukkin clue what they're saying.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Kwame's quote is hilarious

Former #1 pick
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave paco 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Keep looking at your stats and discounting all the big free throws Bryant hit in game 7 two years ago in the 4th quarter against Boston. Or the 18-18 at the line against OKC. From 2000-2003, Shaq called Bryant "the best player in the league"--oh by the way--those were the years Shaq won Finals MVP.

When USA needed big shots in the 2008 finals, who did they go to? Bryant. Huge 2 buckets and then a 4 point play with like 2 min left when Lebron went into his fukkin shell.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, I know. He won the MVP because of his teams record. His stats were good, not great. Wade has put up betters stats nearly every year of his career....Paul is a better PG. Not even debatable. We can diagnose it if you want. I will destroy any argument to the tee.

You can't put Rose ahead of any of those top 8. That's for sure.

I am the authority here with NBA. I call NBA championship winners before the pre-season starts. 2/3 years, only loss being Heat who got to the finals anyway. Once again I will win next year.

Bryant quit against the suns when he had Kwame Brown Luke Walton and SMush Parker in the starting lineup? A team that shouldn't even have won 10 total games, yet still made the playoffs? A team with Kwame Brown that is quoted saying "Don't pass me the ball Kobe. They'll foul me, and I won't make the free throws. I'm scared."

Should I continue?
    so ur saying kobe is a quitter ?
    hes likely to quit if his teammates suck?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    so ur saying kobe is a quitter ?
    hes likely to quit if his teammates suck?
    I'm saying they had no business being in that series, let alone making the playoffs. With 3 players in the starting lineup that couldn't get a fukkin bench slot on any other team in the league.

Worst playoff team in NBA history? Yes, I think so.

Last time I checked Bryant:

Dropped 50 one game.
    Hit a game tying shot in the 4th with 1 sec left on the clock.
    Hit a BUZZER BEATER IN OT!
    Had one of the best playoff series' you will see playing on a team of that caliber.

I can do this all day bro

CaliSwag818
    BET BIG WIN BIG!
    CaliSwag818's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

IMO HARDEN IS THE WEAK LINK. HE WAS EXPOSED IN THE HEAT SERIES!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I am the authority here with NBA.

self annointed of course

Should I continue?
    do you realize how much of a fan boy you are? anyone with a brain cant deny kobe's greatness but if you dont question him quitting in this game then youre so far from an nba expert that you claim to be that its laughable

he scored 50 in game 6 and 23 in the first half of game 7....and then he stopped.

why?

this is from the official game write up

Bryant tried to keep the Lakers in it in the first half by scoring 23 points on 8-of-13 shooting. The league's leading scorer, Bryant netted 50 points in Game 6.

But in a puzzling disappearing act, Bryant deferred to his teammates in the second half Saturday, taking just three shots and scoring one point on a technical free throw.
    its not like i made it up

First 1234 Last