Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Dream Team vs 2012 Team

I think everyone has heard the chit-chat between Kobe and MJ about who the better team is. I think we can all side with MJ here. There is no doubt, the 1992 Dream Team is the greater team. HOWEVER.....with the way athletes have progressed the past 20 years, if the 2012 team did play the 1992 team, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2012 team won.

It's a somewhat unfair comparison because the game and players have changed so much in that 20-year span. The 1992 team had 11 HOF'ers, this years team will be lucky to have half that number.

Makes for a good forum debate though.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I like Mr. Barkley referencing that there are only 3 guys on the 2012 team that would have even made the 1992 team.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

I agree with Speedy. Athletes are better today. It's just the natural progression. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2012 won but I wouldn't bet against a team that MJ was on.

Also, everyone talks about how the original Dream Team won by an average of 43 points. I think people should quit talking about that. The rest of the world has gotten a lot better at basketball and most of these foreign teams have a few quality NBA players on their roster. This isn't 1992 when it was the USA and a bunch of nobodies.

You have guys like Tony Park, Ginbobli, Ibaka, Gasol, Rudio, Nowitzki, etc. playing for other countries.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I agree with Speedy. Athletes are better today. It's just the natural progression. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2012 won but I wouldn't bet against a team that MJ was on.

Also, everyone talks about how the original Dream Team won by an average of 43 points. I think people should quit talking about that. The rest of the world has gotten a lot better at basketball and most of these foreign teams have a few quality NBA players on their roster. This isn't 1992 when it was the USA and a bunch of nobodies.

You have guys like Tony Park, Ginbobli, Ibaka, Gasol, Rudio, Nowitzki, etc. playing for other countries.
    Just do us a favor and STFU. You know nothing about basketball beyond the OKC thunder, you bring nothing to the table just STFU and get back on your knees and finishing doing your job.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

While I agree that most of todays athletes are more physically gifted, I believe the 1992 team has a tremendous advantage in basketball IQ over this years team. Add that to the size advantage the 92 team had and I think you get a fairly handy win by the 92 team.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd slap some k y jelly on them and get to cracken'

xpo276
    30-60-120-180-240-360
    xpo276's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

if it is just one game, i think either team can win. how else do you explain how the Cav's beat the Heat?

if it is a 7 game series...i will be in basketball heaven.

on a side note: we need a FIBA basketball video game or a Olympic basketball game. I mean, Michael Phelps has a video game, why cant the USA basketball have one?