Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bryant: "I'd be trying to destroy [Lebron] every day in practice [if I were Durant]"

"I'd probably be trying to destroy him every single day in practice. Being the friends thing, that's fine. Once you start playing, I'd really have to go after him. There's just no way."

Bro this guy is a straight assassin. He is the most ruthless player ever to play in the league. Jordan on that same level.

I will never forget when Kobe was like 23 years old. The media asked him about playing Philly in the finals. Note that Bryant a Philly kid.

He said, "we're going to cut their hearts out."

What an animal.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why doesn't Kobe take it upon himself to "destroy" lebron in practice?

I know they don't play the same position, but if the Lakers and Heat were playing in a game, and Kobe was "destroying" wade, They' throw Lebron on him, and Kobe would be shut down.

Tell Kobe to quit talking and take it upon himself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ProfitBetting, and parexa

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Kobe career has withered away into talking shit through the media.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Kobe career has withered away into talking shit through the media.

Used to be a stud...now all he can manage to do is run his mouth.

He just wants others to do what he can't anymore (no problem with that I guess)

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Real assassins don't talk.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Jealousy in its lamest form.

Durant, and Lebron have been getting all of th attention recently, so Kobe go out of his way to make subtle derogatory comments through the media.

Lebron win one championship. Kobe, "Well he has not won 6 like MJ, or 5 like myself."
    Durant loses to Lebron in Finals. Kobe, "Yea he should challenge Lebron every chance he gets, and ignore the fact they are teammates with a common goal."

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Tell Kobe to quit talking and take it upon himself.
    yeah, Kobe is too old, shut the **** up Kobe, selfish mofo

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

buried

maybe goat can get a kobe section of the board started

the end is near

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this statement just proves kobe fears lebron...

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm in agreement that Kobe, who was one of the best ever to lace em up, should tone it down a bit as his marvelous career winds down. But, that's the thing about a guy like Kobe..........he's always working to beat his opponent both physically AND mentally...........that's part of what made him spectacular (and what separates him from so many other NBA players whom don't posses the same killer instinct and will to win).

All the negativity toward Kobe and the Lakers stems from the domination the Lakers have had over the NBA decade after decade. I get it. Must get old watching the purple & gold make it to the finals 16 times over the last 32 seasons (yes...that's 50% folks) while winning 10 NBA championships over that time period. Just try not to let your hatred/envy of the Lakers franchise taint your opinion on individual topics.

Points Awarded:

Pauulzcappin gave William Walters 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thezbar gave William Walters 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Bro do you guys not remember what Bryant did to Philly that year in the finals?

"We're gonna cut their hearts out"

Guy turned himself into the ultimate villain. Jordan didn't have the balls to say anything like that as ruthless as he was.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

Durant couldn't destroy a 175 pound high school kid! Dude is weak and thin as a rail.

Obviously this is in the context of Lebron having owned KD and the Thunder in the Finals. Nice to see everyone here can read.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Jordan is just a few notches above Kobe. That is like comparing the Vegas to AC.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PickWinnerAllDay, and chachi

Goat Milk

Bryant is playing mind games. Everything Bryant says is calculated. Only has a H.S. degree and might be the most cunning basketball player ever to play. Jordan was a genius too in terms of head games.

There is a reason for all of this. Just watch Bryant's press conferences during the nba finals a few years back. You guys think Bill Bellicheck keeps things to himself. Bryant doesn't give you anything during those moments. It's all calculated.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Why is Kobe always trying to fuk Lebron in the ass?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Bryant didn't seem to be very assassin-like against Westbrook/Hardin this year.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Bryant didn't seem to be very assassin-like against Westbrook/Hardin this year.
    16 years in the league.......with many deep playoff runs.........takes it's toll biggie. Back in the day Kobe would have made them both look foolish.
    Points Awarded:

Pauulzcappin gave William Walters 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Goat Milk, GamblerSpirit, and NYSportsGuy210

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bryant is playing mind games. Everything Bryant says is calculated.
    just like after the 2002 all star game...

While Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers guard, scored more than a point a minute en route to leading the Western Conference to a 135-120 victory over the Eastern Conference and earning the game's Most Valuable Player award, the crowd of 19,581 booed him with increasing intensity.

Bryant, who went to high school in nearby Lower Merion, Pa., was booed each time he scored, and he finished with 31 points in 30 minutes. When he accepted the M.V.P. award at halfcourt, more derision rained down. He followed the tradition of acknowledging the crowd by raising the trophy, but his forced smile could not hide his disappointment.

''I was pretty upset, pretty hurt,'' said Bryant, whose father, Joe, played for the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1970's. ''Coming into today's game, I was a little worried about it. I can't really describe the feelings I had when it happened. But I'm happy I played well and won the M.V.P. in Philadelphia. The boos were just hurtful, but it's not going to ruin this day for me.''

aww, poor assassin. he apparently failed to calculate how his comments might be remembered.

he also seemed to miscalculate that playing the most minutes, taking 10 more shots than anyone else on his team might make him seem like the selfish ass he is.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Kobe should retire

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    16 years in the league.......with many deep playoff runs.........takes it's toll biggie. Back in the day Kobe would have made them both look foolish.
    Most likely, yes. Because he's a great basketball player. Not because of some silly sound bites.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

"o bro dude bro you serious bro such a genius why wont kobe let me give him a blowjob?!?!?!? bro heat undefeated next year omg signed ray allen? bro it's over heat undefeated...where's kobe i gotta blow him bro!!"

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Not a coincidence the majority of Lebron's supporters are under 28..

darkhat

Also people forget Kobe use to attack jordan when he had the chances when he was in his youth. He'd drive on him at the all star game and everything. Lebron fukin passes the ball away.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the real question is why isnt he talking about destroying KD/Harden/Westbrook
    they are the ones that took his ass out the playoffs

darkhat

Kobe has 5 championships.. And has played in a billion post season games and is 500 in basketball years. He doesn't have to prove anything. He already did. If Lebron wins his 8 or 9 titles with Wade's team like he promised than he will also have earned the right to do what he wants in the NBA.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Great quotes. Kobe is a total competitor and on another level. I remember a friend who worked at the school newspaper when Jordan was in college at UNC, he said alot of the other guys would go out and party and Jordan would just sit on the court after practice taking shots and going over film. His whole life was basketball.

Sam perkins does look kind of high in this picture. Jordan in college

Last edited by gregm; 07-11-12 at 02:46 PM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Not a coincidence the majority of Lebron's supporters are under 28..

Not a coincidence that Kobe's only supporters are Laker nuthuggers.

So if you can't say "Kobe/Lebron this or that"
    Then there is no reason to ever compare Jordan/Kobe.

Lebron can't compare to Kobe until he gets 8/9 championships?

Then why can you compare Kobe to Jordan when he has less rings?

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Not a coincidence that Kobe's only supporters are Laker nuthuggers.

So if you can't say "Kobe/Lebron this or that"
    Then there is no reason to ever compare Jordan/Kobe.

Lebron can't compare to Kobe until he gets 8/9 championships?

Then why can you compare Kobe to Jordan when he has less rings?
    In the future, I'd appreciate it if you refrained from calling me a "nuthugger". Last thing you want is me contacting your boss about your internet surfing on company time. Guy is probably in the middle of getting his teeth whitened and won't be happy.

Kobe is 1 ring shy of Jordan (not saying he's as good)......Lebron has a long way to go to get close to Kobe's 5.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Ngates will be a nuthugger soon William..

He will be in SoCal soon.. Living the high life.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Ngates will be a nuthugger soon William..

He will be in SoCal soon.. Living the high life.
    I hear he'll be in San Diego. Maybe he'll want to join me at Legoland next week.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I hear he'll be in San Diego. Maybe he'll want to join me at Legoland next week.
    Never been there.. Is it fun??

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Never been there.. Is it fun??
    Overpriced for what you get. More suited for younger kids (I'm taking my six year old). The adjoining water park is ok..........between the two parks.......we'll make a day of it.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Overpriced for what you get. More suited for younger kids (I'm taking my six year old). The adjoining water park is ok..........between the two parks.......we'll make a day of it.
    You should take them to California Adventure.. The new rides look cool.. (will be there in a month)

Might check out Legoland later..

Have fun pal.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I hate the Lakers and hate Kobe.

But he earned everything he has and deserves to make comments like this.

he is just trying to light a fire under durants ass as well.

he IS without a doubt one of the best ever, and he got there with a ton of hard work. Lebron, who I also hate, is on his way. No where close yet, but on his way.

Obviously Lebron is currently the more effective player, but match them prime to prime and they are both in the air up there.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Please. In terms of raw physical basketball talent, Lebron James is better than Kobe and by a good margin if you want the truth. Who cares about NBA championships. That is a team accomplishment. LJ has had absolute garbage surround him until he went to Miami.
    Kobe recognizes that his skills are diminishing and is looking to stay relevant. Durant and James and Rose have all surpassed him and probably a few other players as well.

LOL guy who says "Must get old watching the purple & gold make it to the finals 16 times over the last 32 seasons (yes...that's 50% folks) while winning 10 NBA championships over that time period." Hey guy...nobody cares, we are gamblers not fans. If you are a fan, go to an NBA message board and talk about it there. Not the place for it here. Nobody in their right mind has "Laker envy." We are gamblers looking to cash tickets, not fans of teams because we were born or raised in a certain city.

1234 ... Last