riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Lakers Willing to Offer Bynum and World Peace for Dwight Howard

If this deal goes through how much better are the Lakers?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...rd/2012/07/03/

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb. Trade away a top 3 center to get the #1 center / drama queen? I don't see the value in making this trade from their perspective as it does very little to address the holes in the Lakers team. I feel like the additional conditioning work Bynum has done has gone a long way to address his susceptibility to further knee/back problems, and at 25, he's in a good position to continue to produce for the Lakers.

Makes no sense...

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Dwight is a much better player then bynum.. esp on the defensive end. Both are drama queens. LA would be foolish to not to this.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers always try to come off as bandits...

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Lakers pull this off and keep Ramon Sessions and they will be a force in the West next year. Bynum was lucky to no get injured last year and his value is at an all-time high. Great move if Jerry Buss can pull this off.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

It's a good deal for LA. Bynum is a headcase, I don't see him ever coming around. He has the potential to be Dwight Howard, but he is too immature to ever figure it out. If he hasn't matured by now, he never will. Dwight's immaturity comes from which team he wants to play for, and contract talks. Once Dwight gets out of Orlando, he'll be fine and people will forget all about this past year.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Speedy88 your wrong!

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Dwight is a much better player then bynum.. esp on the defensive end. Both are drama queens. LA would be foolish to not to this.
    Please Bynum is a far superior offensive player and to say Howard is a "much better" player than Bynum is ridiculous. The gap between them closed significantly last season.

As suicide kings said it would be a pointless trade, they already have an excellent centre and they would also have to give up their best on ball defender in Artest.

Think first. Write second.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

The nets deal with 3 players and multiple first round picks is a better deal.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Please Bynum is a far superior offensive player and to say Howard is a "much better" player than Bynum is ridiculous. The gap between them closed significantly last season.

As suicide kings said it would be a pointless trade, they already have an excellent centre and they would also have to give up their best on ball defender in Artest.

Ok so explain this. The entire defense keyed on shutting down dwight last year yet he still averaged 20.6 on 13 field goal attempts. In his best year ever (not to mention his healthiest), Bynum saw no where near as many double teams as dwight as teams were focused on kobe, pau, ect.. yet still averaged 2 points less then Dwight on the same amount of shot attempts. And this was his BEST CAREER YEAR. The kid is a thug wannabe... he is nothing close to Dwight. He couldn't outproduce dwight with other stars stealing the defensive attention... the guy would be nothing close to dwight with teams keying on him and only him. You saying the bynum is "a far superior offensive player" is absurd and cannot be backed up at all.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    The nets deal with 3 players and multiple first round picks is a better deal.
    How is a sign and trade for Lopez and Humphries with new multiyear contracts that Orlando doesn't want plus 3 picks in the twenties a good deal?

Bynum plus Metta and sending Turk/JRich is way way better

dlunc3

not to mention dwight is a warrior who has been healthy basically his whole career... can we say the same for bynum?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

cmon Lakers.....do this!

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

bynum is too inconsistant
    how will his attitude be once he gets paid?

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i hope they will not throw MWP into the d12 deal, having mwp and d12 on the same team would be great

Speedy88

People have quickly forgotten exactly how good Dwight is. He has one really off year with some controversary and he goes from a top 5 NBA player to worst than Bynum

A healthy Dwight Howard is a top 5 player.

suicidekings
    Update your status

There's no doubt that Howard is the better overall player, but I just don't think the difference is severe enough for the Lakers to prioritize trading for Howard rather than addressing their other severe problems... IMO, Bynum made huge strides last season in reaching his potential. It's easy to call it a fluke, but the improved play also corresponds to the coaching change, and how he was used a bit differently under Brown's system than Jackson's.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    People have quickly forgotten exactly how good Dwight is. He has one really off year with some controversary and he goes from a top 5 NBA player to worst than Bynum

A healthy Dwight Howard is a top 5 player.
    Not as a 59% FT shooter he's not...

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

If the Lakers big man coaching can turn an 18 year old mid first round pick into a top 3 center then I can only imagine what they can turn DH into.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Not as a 59% FT shooter he's not...
    shaq was too right?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Looking at Orlando's options here, I don't know how much flexibility they really have. The Nets are clearly out of the running for Howard with their money devoted to Wallace/Williams/Johnson/Teletovic. If the Magic can't make a deal with the Lakers, who else is legitimately interested and has the pieces to make the trade? I would think only a bigger market club makes sense as Dwight would never re-sign with a team that has no chance at contending.

I could still see Atlanta making a push for him as they've cleared some decent cap room and he's from ATL / tight with J.Smith, but after that Orlando is likely quite limited with regard to who they have the potential to trade with. Who's going to dangle what the Magic want when the pressure is on Orlando to make a deal, with limited options?
    Last edited by suicidekings; 07-03-12 at 08:39 PM.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    cmon Lakers.....do this!

Who is your avatar?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    shaq was too right?
    Similar situation. And at the time when Shaq was in his prime he was always criticized for his inability to hit those FTs. It was Shaq's biggest weakness and it's also Howard's. I just don't think you can place someone that can't hit FTs down the stretch in the Top 5.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way in hell he'll sign an extension with the Lakers.

He's going to end up in Brooklyn no matter what. If it isn't this year, it'll be next. The guy wants to play with an elite Point guard. Not the adulterer that doesn't realize the game has passed him by.

The Lakeshow is fukin over.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Similar situation. And at the time when Shaq was in his prime he was always criticized for his inability to hit those FTs. It was Shaq's biggest weakness and it's also Howard's. I just don't think you can place someone that can't hit FTs down the stretch in the Top 5.
    I disagree with that. Shaq in his prime, dominated the game more than any other player during that time. A few years ago, Dwight looked like he was going to be the next Shaq, but I haven't seen much improvement in his offensive game the past 2 years. I thought he made major improvements in his post game the year the Magic went to the finals. However, it appears that Dwight may have already reached his peak. I think one main reason why Dwight hasn't improved much the past couple years is that he has given up on Orlando. I think we'll see a "new" Dwight once he moves to a different team.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

just because the guy cant hit a free throw doesnt mean he cant be a top 5 player in the league .. the dude averages at least 20 and 10 every year ... plays in 70+ games every year ... wins the defensive player of the year award every year except for last cuz of his injury ... the man is a top 5 player in the league

lebron durant dwight are probably the top 3 players in the league to start off with and thats not even counting kobe, d will, dirk, rose, paul, and every other up coming all star

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I disagree with that. Shaq in his prime, dominated the game more than any other player during that time. A few years ago, Dwight looked like he was going to be the next Shaq, but I haven't seen much improvement in his offensive game the past 2 years. I thought he made major improvements in his post game the year the Magic went to the finals. However, it appears that Dwight may have already reached his peak. I think one main reason why Dwight hasn't improved much the past couple years is that he has given up on Orlando. I think we'll see a "new" Dwight once he moves to a different team.
    the dude has skill ... cant take anything away from him at this point in his career but him being a baby on choosing a team and all this bullshit hes been doing ...

he played for orlando i remind you, a team without any other player on the team that would be even relevant on most teams (maybe the bobcats)

you got a starting lineup in

nelson
    j rich
    turk
    anderson
    dwight

how do u expect a person in dwight howard to dominate when the team is shooting 75 percent 3 pointers every game ... and when he gets the ball he still can give you a 25 point effort and 15 rebound effort as he has also shown in the past

only thing dwight lacks is a free throw shooting ability to get over 60 percent and a mid range jumper game ... but not many big men in the league can do that neither except for people like duncan dirk and garnett ...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

What value wuld world anarchy have to orlando? Bynum and draft picks or some sort of 3rd team makes sense. La r out of draft picks now after nash deal, so im thinking a 3rd team wuld have to b involved.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

I dont know what it is that tells me that if DHoward in Orlando was bad news Bynum in Orlando would be really bad news