Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Cory Maggette a Detroit Piston

Traded for Gordon and a future 1st rounder.

At least they got rid of a horrid contract in Gordon. Not too thrilled about giving up a number 1.

Now just need to unload CV.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Horrible move. Just horrible

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Horrible move. Just horrible
    Maggette old as dirt making 10 mil a year. Sometimes I wonder what that mother fukker Dumars is thinking.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Terrible for Detroit. Gordon sucks sure, that looks like an even trade for those two fukks. Although I have always liked Maggette. HOWEVER, a future 1st rd pick? C'mon - Pistons 1st rd picks will be high for a long long time. too much.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

To be honest, I didn't know Maggette was still alive.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

We haven't heard from Gordon since he went to Motown. It's like he's been out of the league. Good trade for Charlotte. They have money to spend and no one is going there anyways.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

WTF? They gave up a future 1st round pick for Maggette? Gordon and Maggette aren't winning anyone any championships, why throw away a 1st round pick in the future for a move that won't help you now especially since Maggette doesn't have many years left in him.

Cuse0323

I see it saves them about 15 mil, so they know they suck and are just trying to save money. Gonna be a long time before Detroit is relevant again.

ChalkyDog

How does Charlotte save money? They took on over 14.6 million more than Maggette.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    How does Charlotte save money? They took on over 14.6 million more than Maggette.
    I was saying Detroit is saving money, which explains a bit why they would make a terrible trade giving up a future 1st.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I was saying Detroit is saving money, which explains a bit why they would make a terrible trade giving up a future 1st.
    I get that, the pick is protected anyway - top 8 I believe.

I was more responding to Bill Dozer who is saying something about it benefiting Bobcat money.

Cuse0323

I was more responding to Bill Dozer who is saying something about it benefiting Bobcat money.
    Gotcha, didn't read Bill's post, thought it was directed towards me.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

he was decent with the Clippers, not sure why anyone would want him now

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Done

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Nah, was saying the Bobcats aren't worried about contracts. I like the trade for them because they get another pick and a better scorer. That article says Gordon shot over 40% from the arc last yr. Detroit was knee deep in 4 foot guards. The Bobcats need some players in their prime to go along with the lottery guys. No one is going to come there to play with 8 rookies. Not getting the #1 pick hurts you Charlotte folks sooo bad. An impact rook is huge because you get a player everyone wants to play with at a rookie salary. D Howard and D Williams along with Davis for the next 3 years is really appealing. Now Charlotte is looking at trading down? I dont think they take Ben Gordon's salary if they had Davis coming aboard.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Magette is better than Gordan. Still doesn't do shit for the stones. Magette is gonna sit on the bench now? He plays the same position as Tayshaun, obviously better than Tay, but wtf. Trade fukkin Rodney STuckey he fukkin sucks.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Get rid of Dumars, he's shit. Good player, but not a front office man

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Magette is better than Gordan. Still doesn't do shit for the stones. Magette is gonna sit on the bench now? He plays the same position as Tayshaun, obviously better than Tay, but wtf. Trade fukkin Rodney STuckey he fukkin sucks.
    Gordon wasn't starting anyway, Maggette will backup the 3 and play a few minutes with Tayshaun then I'm sure one of them will get hurt eventually.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Dumars should put a fukkin gun to his head and pull the trigger

Remember taking darko the human victory cigar over Dwayne Wade in the NBA draft? Remember trading billups for an old ass Iverson??
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Smoke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Get rid of Dumars, he's shit. Good player, but not a front office man
    He's made some terrible moves but he has a 10 year pass after putting together two finals teams and a championship with the players available. He made Billups. Brought in Hamilton for Stackhouse (?). Ben Wallace would probably be in the UFC without Dumars. I remember if that team scored 75 points it was a thrill ride. Great grind it out blue collar team that took down the Lakers dream team.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    He's made some terrible moves but he has a 10 year pass after putting together two finals teams and a championship with the players available. He made Billups. Brought in Hamilton for Stackhouse (?). Ben Wallace would probably be in the UFC without Dumars. I remember if that team scored 75 points it was a thrill ride. Great grind it out blue collar team that took down the Lakers dream team.
    Yeah but those genius moves have been supplemented with some of the worst decisions not just in this era, but in nba history. People talk about Jordan going 3rd, Oden before Durant. I think that Milicic was the worst pick in NBA history. I can understand you passing on Wade at the 2 pick, even Bosh.

But when you pass up on a 19 yr old in Carmello that just won an NCAA title with some average players, you have some serious issues. Then the Billups move for A.I. The Pistons collapsed.

He's also hired some of the worst coaches over the years.

Another terrible decision was deciding to pay Charlie V, one of the worst players in the NBA, all that money, especially when all the top tier guys were still in play that summer. Some of the moves he's made makes me question if he still understands the game. He also signed Tayshaun to a 4 year 40 mill contract I believe? Are you serious? 10 mil/year for a guy whose not even top 25 at his position anymore.

Parenthetically, I'd just like to say that Garnett ended Charlie V's career. After he called him a cancer to the league, he pretty much imploded. Guy will come in for like 7 minutes and he'll literally take 12 shots in 7 minutes.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Goat Milk 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

... I guess he has 2 years left?

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

if magette is an expiring contract then dumars did well