BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quit comparing Lebron to Jordan. He isn't even as good as Kobe Bryant.

Period.

I don't even like Kobe Bryant but I respect his game and will to win. Kobe has onions to take game winning shots unlike Lebron.

If our Olympic team needs a clutch shot, they will goto Bryant since he has actually proven he can make them.

Kobe is the closet thing to Jordan we will ever see.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

When Bryant retires he will be arguably the greatest to ever play. I wrote a small piece about Kobe Bryant last night, talking about his accomplishments, getting the MVP taken away from him during the rape trial (which it was obvious to every NBA fan that he won the MVP by a mile that year with that record setting year).

No one will ever score 81 in modern day basketball. Wilt's 100 pt performance not even close with faster pace more possesions and obvious inflation and lack of defensive talent on the court.

No one will ever outscore 1 team by themselves. (in that same year of 81 and kobe's getting robbed)

After 3 quarters:

Dallas Mavs 61
    Kobe Bryant 62

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Period.

I don't even like Kobe Bryant but I respect his game and will to win. Kobe has onions to take game winning shots unlike Lebron.

If our Olympic team needs a clutch shot, they will goto Bryant since he has actually proven he can make them.

Do you have a life?

bleek88

Until Bryant gets that 6th, i have Jordan a hair better. If he gets his sixth, there the same of all time.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    Until Bryant gets that 6th, i have Jordan a hair better. If he gets his sixth, there the same of all time.
    Well that's not happening...im 100% sure of that.

He will retire with 5

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you say a guy who statistically and IN FACT isn't one of the top 15 players to ever play is almost as good as michael and might even be Michael? Let's not kid ourselves here, please.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Kobe would only have two rings without Shaq. Kobe couldnt even get out of the first round by himself. Lebron took the Cavs to the Finals by himself. 2006 and 2007 Lakers lost in the first round when he was supposed to be in his prime.

Lebron has 6-7 more years left in his prime. Hes only getting started. Kobe is done.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Kobe would only have two rings without Shaq.
    Lebron would have 0 without Wade. Your point?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PS3, and xpo276

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Kobe would only have two rings without Shaq. Kobe couldnt even get out of the first round by himself. Lebron took the Cavs to the Finals by himself. 2006 and 2007 Lakers lost in the first round when he was supposed to be in his prime.

Lebron has 6-7 more years left in his prime. Hes only getting started. Kobe is done.
    LOL Yeah and Jordan NEVER once finished with a winning record in 5 years without Pippen and went 1-9 in the playoffs without Pipp. Thanks.

Kobe is done yet led the league in scoring last year for 95% of the season. You have no clue what you're saying.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Well that's not happening...im 100% sure of that.

He will retire with 5

BigDofBA

Kobe won titles without Shaq.

As for Jordan, he made everyone on that team better. Pippen wasn't a great player. He was a good player that Jordan made better.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Jordan was the man, but lets not go that far BigD. Pippen helped Jordan win championships, just as much as Jordan helped Pippen. Jordan wasn't exactly riddling off titles before Pippen, and Phil Jackson.

Why you sucking off Kobe?

Shaq, Pau and Phil Jackson helped Kobe win titles.

No need to cut down Lebron, since he took "your" Thunder out.

Wade helped Lebron.

Westbrook will help Durant, one of these days.

No one does it alone. Everyone needs that key co-star player.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Jordan was the man, but lets not go that far BigD. Pippen helped Jordan win championships, just as much as Jordan helped Pippen. Jordan wasn't exactly riddling off titles before Pippen, and Phil Jackson.

Why you sucking off Kobe?

Shaq, Pau and Phil Jackson helped Kobe win titles.

No need to cut down Lebron, since he took "your" Thunder out.

Wade helped Lebron.

Westbrook will help Durant, one of these days.

No one does it alone. Everyone needs that key co-star player.
    Constant being kobe right? I knew it you are a lebron lover and kobe hater

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Constant being kobe right? I knew it you are a lebron lover and kobe hater
    Where am I hating?

Just saying he didn't do it alone.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

shaq wouldn't win any of those 1st 3 without kobe, shaq was dominant back then but he needed kobe to play great as well especially the last of the 3peat where their bench have gotten significantly weaker

BigDofBA

I hate Kobe but he is one of the all-time greats and I can't dis his game of accomplishments.

Look at the first post in this thread. Lebron hasn't even accomplished 20% of that.

Lebron had to join up with two all-stars to win a title and he is 1-2 in the Finals. Jordan was 6-0 and money when it came to clutch time.

Likewise, Kobe and Jordan wouldn't want to be traded to make it easier to win a championship. Hell, Kobe wanted to get rid of Shaq so he could proved he could win one on his own.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 06-24-12 at 12:18 AM.

purplehaze6969
    purplehaze6969's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well the main thing you look at when judging a players greatness is championships since that is what make a player the best being able to win a win when it matters winning the championships proves you and your team are the best in the nba.Lebron is still young and in his prime he is a great player anything can happen but he will probaly only finish with 3 rings unless he is greater then we think which probaly isnt true.He dosent seem to have that fire in his eyes that jordan had. By the way if anyone watched kobe's last championship vs boston is was a joke how him and the lakers won that game was fixed boston should of won.The fouls they were calling against boston got really ridicolous the game was almost unbearable to watch it was so fixed.

Stop hating lebron is a f****** beast wade wasnt even anywhere near 100% these finals.do you guys watch basketball and what lebron does he is a freak of nature I guess thats why you hate because he is great beacause more so he is a freak of nature physically and not beacause of talent like jordan and bryant who didnt have lebrons crazy combination of size strength and speed.

BigDofBA

Lebron is a beast but comparing him to the best player ever (Jordan) is ridiculous.

NBA Finals records:

Jordan 6-0
    Kobe 5-2
    Lebron 1-2

Now how in the hell are you people going to start saying Lebron is as good as Kobe and Jordan?

In a championship game, I would easily take Kobe and Jordan over Lebron. Let me put it this way, if your life was at risk and you needed one person to take a shot, would you take Lebron over Jordan or Kobe? Hell no you wouldn't.

Lebron is great at filling up the stat sheet and that's all well and good if the game doesn't come down to the final minute. With that said, when it's crunch time and the game is on the line late, he can't close like Jordan or Kobe. That doesn't mean he isn't a great player. It just means he isn't one of the best.

I swear some of you have to be like 18 years old if you think Lebron is one of the greatest of all-time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easysaid

purplehaze6969
    purplehaze6969's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not saying he's greatest of all time but he is still in his prime and could win way more championships jordan didnt win any until 28.So how is it ridicoulous to compare them in 10 years if james dont got close to 6 rings then you could say its ridicolous but seriously you sound very dumb right now as lebron won a championship at a younger age then jordan won any.Also have you ever looked at kobes numbers for taking clutch shots its not very impressive at all more like just average and the same as every other nba player.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

whos really comparing lebrons career to kobe or jordan?
    if u want to compare lebron and kobe presently, theres no argument
    lebron is the best player in the nba as well as the last couple years

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Look at the first post in this thread. Lebron hasn't even accomplished 20% of that.
    You do realize that Kobe has played 7 more years then Lebron right?

Here is Lebron's list off of Wiki, the place you got Kobe's.

Kobe and Jordan wouldn't want to be traded to make it easier to win a championship. Hell, Kobe wanted to get rid of Shaq so he could proved he could win one on his own
    He didn't win one on his own. Pau helped him, and still had Phil there.

Didn't he want traded when times were tough?

Last edited by onlooker; 06-24-12 at 12:50 AM.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Period.

pretty much since lebron likes to defer more often than put matters into his own hands

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Who has been comparing besides the Media anyway?

Shouldn't you be boosting how good Durant is?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

LeBron isn't Kobe or Jordan. LeBron is LeBron. Why do people always try to compare players to other players?

Will LBJ have a better career than Kobe or LeBron? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.
    Points Awarded:

BlacK_HazE gave Speedy88 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

James is top 10 all time if he retires today. No player matches his stats, not even Jordan. They won't be duplicate again for 50 yrs.

Pippen wasn't a good player???????

oh my god what am i hearing. Pippen is one of the greatest sf's of all time after bird and lebron.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I think alot of this argument is because they dont want their precious jordan/kobe being topped by someone who dosent have that champion manner (but makes up for it in athletic ability). Thing is, one day someone will come along and overtake these two, I just hope for the sake of the NBA its an athlete that deserves so.

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    James is top 10 all time if he retires today. No player matches his stats, not even Jordan. They won't be duplicate again for 50 yrs.

Pippen wasn't a good player???????

oh my god what am i hearing. Pippen is one of the greatest sf's of all time after bird and lebron.
    Plus he dominated the league when Jordan went absent. Some people just crazy. I mean, I'm 20 years old, but at least I know how to go back, watch games, and read stats and box scores.

And how the **** does everyone say Lebron cheated and all going to Miami, but no one talks about 09/10 lakers? Now some of you are almost saying Kobe won it by himself? Are you joking? Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Ariza (then artest, awesome role players), plus of course Bryant himself, Shannon Brown was pretty nice having in mind he was only the 7th best player. Are you joking?

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

^^ Bynum hardly played in the '09 championship run because of knee issues. In '10 he played on an injured knee that required surgery and was no where near 100%.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Plus he dominated the league when Jordan went absent. Some people just crazy. I mean, I'm 20 years old, but I at least I know how to go back...read stats and box scores.
    That pretty much sums it up.

There are way too many young kids on this site that think Lebron is the greatest ever just because that's all they have watched.

Michael Jordan had won about 6 titles before you were even five years old. Quit acting like you have any idea of how good he was.

Lebron needs to win at least 4-5 titles to even be in the discussion. Jordan was 6-0 in the Finals. Lebron is 1-2.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    LOL Yeah and Jordan NEVER once finished with a winning record in 5 years without Pippen and went 1-9 in the playoffs without Pipp. Thanks.

Kobe is done yet led the league in scoring last year for 95% of the season. You have no clue what you're saying.
    Tell this crap to your mama. Great player makes average players around him look like a superstars too. That's why every idiot repeats like a parrot what you just said- OH, Magic had Jabbar or Bird had Kevin or Jordan had Pippen.
    BULLSHIT!!!
    Jordan, Magic and Larry never quited on their teams like LeWhore did. And Charles Barkley and Carl Malone never joined forces with other superstars to win the title.

JM92

That pretty much sums it up.

There are way too many young kids on this site that think Lebron is the greatest ever just because that's all they have watched.

Michael Jordan had won about 6 titles before you were even five years old. Quit acting like you have any idea of how good he was.

Lebron needs to win at least 4-5 titles to even be in the discussion. Jordan was 6-0 in the Finals. Lebron is 1-2.
    I've now seen EVERY Bulls finals game that they won. Also saw countless other games. Probably have watched more Jordan then Dwight Howard or Deron Williams or heck, even Tim Duncan.

And I really don't understand why the hell you would bash on me after what I said, but ok.

bleek88

I'd like to slap some KY Jelly on BigDofBA's ass and get cracken!

bleek88

< BigDofBA before the anal punishing.

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    And Charles Barkley and Carl Malone never joined forces with other superstars to win the title.
    Karl Malone chased a ring with Kobe and Shaq, remember? Didn't work out cause the Pistons were having none of that shit.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
    Karl Malone chased a ring with Kobe and Shaq, remember? Didn't work out cause the Pistons were having none of that shit.
    That was his final 19th season in NBA and he only played 42 games with Lakers and the guy was 41 years of age for crying outloud when he "joined" Kobe.

12 Last