Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    That was his final 19th season in NBA and he only played 42 games with Lakers and the guy was 41 years of age for crying outloud when he "joined" Kobe.
    LOL why are you putting "joined" in quotations? He did join Kobe. He was a cancer to the team and wanted to join the best player in the world in hopes of winning a ring.

Gary Peyton did the same thing. Then he joined Wade in MIA.

Shaq did the same thing. joined Wade. Then joined Nash, MVP. Then Joined Lebron, MVP. Then went to the celtics (3 hall of famers), all in route of trying to stay one ring ahead of Kobe (which never worked out anyway).

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.

There are way too many young kids on this site that think Lebron is the greatest ever just because that's all they have watched.

Michael Jordan had won about 6 titles before you were even five years old. Quit acting like you have any idea of how good he was.

Lebron needs to win at least 4-5 titles to even be in the discussion. Jordan was 6-0 in the Finals. Lebron is 1-2.
    Bro you just said that Pippen wasn't a good player when he is one of the best sf ever to play the game. Guy was a straight assassin on the fastbreak, he could dribble, pass, rebound, one of the best defenders ever to play the game. Closest person I've ever seen that plays like Pippen is Andre Igudala who is a much worse version.

I guess you don't remember when Jordan came back from his little baseball experiment and joined the Bulls in the ECF (where Pippen had led them to), and Jordan got SHIT ON by Penny Hardaway in the series.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Likewise, Kobe and Jordan wouldn't want to be traded to make it easier to win a championship. Hell, Kobe wanted to get rid of Shaq so he could proved he could win one on his own.
    And what happened? Missed playoffs 05. Out in first round 06 and 07. We lost 3 Kobe seasons when he was in his absolute physical prime. And yes, Kobe began grumbling and threatening after that, but the Lakers came through with the Gasol trade, which was a steal. He most certainly would not have finished out his career in LA missing the finals every year. You seem to have a really short memory about such things.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Tell this crap to your mama. Great player makes average players around him look like a superstars too. That's why every idiot repeats like a parrot what you just said- OH, Magic had Jabbar or Bird had Kevin or Jordan had Pippen.
    BULLSHIT!!!
    Jordan, Magic and Larry never quited on their teams like LeWhore did. And Charles Barkley and Carl Malone never joined forces with other superstars to win the title.
    so jabbar, mchale and pippen were average players ??? hahahaha

kobe quit on the lakers ........ so wat is the point there?
    barkley went to the rockets teamming up with hakeem and pippen
    malone went to the lakers along with payton

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    so jabbar, mchale and pippen were average players ??? hahahaha

kobe quit on the lakers ........ so wat is the point there?
    barkley went to the rockets teamming up with hakeem and pippen
    malone went to the lakers along with payton
    bryant is better than all those guys. 16th season averaging 28 a game. none of those guys could do that. bryant will be averaging 24 a game his 20th season in the league. you concur?

xpo276
    30-60-120-180-240-360
    xpo276's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

can someone please do this picture of lebron and jordan?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron is the man

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Obviously kobes career numbers are better then lebrons, he is toward the end of his career and Lebron is 27. The point is that Lebron in his prime is better then kobe ever was hid hid prime. Over the longhaul kobe may have a betters career in regards to titles but as a pure basketball player, kobe was never as good as Lebron is right now.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Kobe and LeBron are very different. It is like comparing apples to oranges. 20 years from now I think we will talk about LeBron in the same breath as Jordan. Watching the Heat dismantle the Thunder in 5 games was very impressive. This Heat team is only going to get better. Bosh, Wade, and James are going to be pillars in Miami for the next 5-6 years. I could see the Heat winning 3 or 4 titles in that span of time. And I think we can all agree that the Heat roster can only get better from here. Can't get much worst than a starting lineup with Shane Battier and guys like Joel Anthony and Ronny Turiaf in the rotation. Just imagine if the Heat got the type of role players the Mavs had last year in the finals. When all is said and done, LeBron will likely have a hand full of rings, plenty of MVP's, and plenty of other accolades.

LeBron is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen. The only thing that worries me about LeBron is how effective will he be when he reaches 35 years or older. Kobe and MJ play the type of game where they can still be very effective without being more athletic than everyone else. Both MJ and Kobe have a jumpshot that carried them through the later parts of their career. If LeBron starts to slow down at 35, will he have a better jumpshot to keep him effective. Because at some point, LeBron is going to be able to out run and out jump everyone when he is much older.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Kobe and LeBron are very different. It is like comparing apples to oranges. 20 years from now I think we will talk about LeBron in the same breath as Jordan. Watching the Heat dismantle the Thunder in 5 games was very impressive. This Heat team is only going to get better. Bosh, Wade, and James are going to be pillars in Miami for the next 5-6 years. I could see the Heat winning 3 or 4 titles in that span of time. And I think we can all agree that the Heat roster can only get better from here. Can't get much worst than a starting lineup with Shane Battier and guys like Joel Anthony and Ronny Turiaf in the rotation. Just imagine if the Heat got the type of role players the Mavs had last year in the finals. When all is said and done, LeBron will likely have a hand full of rings, plenty of MVP's, and plenty of other accolades.

LeBron is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen. The only thing that worries me about LeBron is how effective will he be when he reaches 35 years or older. Kobe and MJ play the type of game where they can still be very effective without being more athletic than everyone else. Both MJ and Kobe have a jumpshot that carried them through the later parts of their career. If LeBron starts to slow down at 35, will he have a better jumpshot to keep him effective. Because at some point, LeBron is going to be able to out run and out jump everyone when he is much older.
    people should compare lebron to magic, not kobe or MJ
    any team needs time to gel and build chemistry, looks like they have that area covered
    now they shud have a better idea on which players to bring in to best compliment their big 3
    theres no reason lebron cant be a productive post player later in his career

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Obviously kobes career numbers are better then lebrons

huh? Lebron's got better numbers in EVERYTHING

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Pippen wasn't a great player

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just the fact that LBJ is already being mentioned with the greatest players in the game at 27 makes me believe he might go down as the greatest player to ever play basketball. This whole debate is pointless though. You can't take Jordan/Kobe (who are pretty much both retired) and compare them to someone who has maybe played half of their career. S*** is just "TV talk". Are you trying to tell me that he is not as good as Kobe? C'mon man do you watch the guy play? That's why LBJ already out averages him in almost EVERY statistical category, and not to mention if Kobe played in Cleveland the first 7 years of his career he would've had 0 rings as well. Judging players by their rings doesn't always prove who the better player is.. I'm not saying LBJ is better than MJ though, he still has A LOT of work to do.. but after watching him this year all you haters should hold your breathe because he definantly has the capabilites, the real question is does he have the drive?

Jeffrey_bunnell
    Jeffrey_bunnell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Well that's not happening...im 100% sure of that.

He will retire with 5

Well i hate the lakers with a burning passion celts all the way but with a lineup of steve nash, kobe, metta world peace, pau gasol, and dwight howard kobe will have his sixth ring i really hate to say it but its true oh and **** LBJ michael jordan is 1000x better than that little douche ever will be
    Last edited by Jeffrey_bunnell; 08-14-12 at 11:24 PM.

Jeffrey_bunnell
    Jeffrey_bunnell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    huh? Lebron's got better numbers in
    EVERYTHING
    Rings, scoring, games played, shall i keep going like damn man kobe is better than lebron and there will never be another jordan, russell, bird, magic, wilt, etc....

v-zero
    v-zero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Using the standard metric of titles there isn't yet much comparison, but considering their stats sheets then LeBron is already well ahead of Bryant in terms of peak season performance, and he has equalled Jordan's greatest season.

Jordan's peak season: 88/89, 3973 minutes, ~10.6 point differential produced per 48 minutes.

Bryant's peak season: 07/08, 4055 minutes, ~3.9 point differential produced per 48 minutes.

James' peak season: 08/09, 3634 minutes, ~11.1 point differential produced per 48 minutes.

The point differential produced value represents what the point differential of a team of four average players and the player under consideration would be playing against an average team - so for five average players it would be zero.

None of these men reached Magic's peak, however:

Magic's peak season: 88/89, 3404 minutes, 12.5 point differential produced per 48 minutes.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

it is like comparing Dream Team 1992 vs Dream Team 2012. Question - did Jordan draw comparisons in 90's just like Kobe/Lebron/Durant do now?

First 12