john360180
    john360180's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4572

Is Lebron James the best sportsman you guys have produced?

Writing from Australia.

Were does he rank #1?

Top 10?

Top 100?

Interested to know how you guys rate him. Leave the personal stuff out just your opinions of were you think he sits and who you do rate as your best all time sportsmen.

J.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

I like the question. Would be curious to know who the top athlete from Australia is in the mind of Australians as well. I think there is a Big 3 of sorts consisting of Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, and Babe Ruth. Those three are not only the consensus choice for the best ever at their sport but are global icons and exude charisma and lore. In my mind, Lebron is the greatest athlete of all time because of the combination of size and speed, but as far as greatest sportsmen, I'd say he is just outside of the top 10 for now. We value champions more than the rest of the world would like to think we do and, despite Lebron's disgusting stats and athletic ability, we are not ready to completely coronate him. Where is Lebron over there and who are the top Australian sportsmen ever?

Arty
    Arty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 936

I wouldn't say he's just outside the top 10.

Jordan, Magic, Russel, Kareem, Duncan, Bryant, Bird are all still above him rigtht now. And that's just basketball.

Give this discussion like 5-8 more years, and Lebron will be in that top 10 for sure.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Not even close John, he's a quitter and cheater, this championship is meaningless to the rest of the nation. LeWhore decided to take the easy way. He will never be on the same pedestal with Magic, Larry and Michael.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

how exactly did he cheat? has he tested positive for steroids? was he mentioned in donaghy's book? when you play pick-up basketball and are a captain, you pick the best person available every time. people like pronk are the reason i say we are not ready to completely coronate him. in 5 years when he wins 3 more rings, lebron will be a good guy again and The Decision will be forgotten.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Not even close John, he's a quitter and cheater, this championship is meaningless to the rest of the nation. LeWhore decided to take the easy way. He will never be on the same pedestal with Magic, Larry and Michael.
    yea, since magic didn't have kareem, micheal didn't have pip and phil (7 losing years before them) and larry didn't have his boys right?... you haters need to get a life and enjoy one of the greatest talents we have ever seen

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    u are the little kid that destroys everything whenever u lose and calls people cheaters
    theres one of u in every family

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Pure athlete? He's the greatest pure athlete in the history of human civilization

6'8 260, blazing fast, incredibly strong, incredible leaping ability, agility, quickness, you name it

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Pure athlete? He's the greatest pure athlete in the history of human civilization

6'8 260, blazing fast, incredibly strong, incredible leaping ability, agility, quickness, you name it
    He's more like 6'10 270. He was 6'8 when he came into the league at 18, and has gone through many cycles of HGH since then.