darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Will Lebron's 1 Ring Silence His Haters?

I am harder on lebron than anyone, and while I constantly bash him like many, I do obviously realize he's essentially a top two player in the league yearly..

while I believe getting the ring is a big deal, I don't believe the haters are going to be silenced. I think he's going to need 4 to 5 at least to shut people up.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Look at what has happened with Calipari. The constant hate wont be as noticeable.

I have a high level of disdain for him, but I do understand he is the most physically gifted athlete on the planet, and is easily the best player in the NBA right now.

I believe this will silence a lot.

darkhat

Yah you are probably right..

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

no i will always hate him because he was responsible for not finding WMD in iraq.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Doesn't have the ring yet.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Doesn't have the ring yet.
    You have more fukin SBR rings than anyone on the planet. lol

darkhat

btw: Onlooker, my phone is dead if you try to call. I'll hit you up later.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I think a lot of people don't like him because of his attitude and the fact that he gets every call and is babied by the refs. Those things won't change with 100 rings.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

What kind of question is this. Lebron is forever a joke for going to Miami to be with his best friend, a top player already with a ring who would be there to hold his hand to get one. He follows Wade around like a dog, copies his style, walks behind him, defers to him, he coughed to mock Dirk to back up his top after Wade did first and looked back. Will he be in Miami for the rest of his career with Wade lol

He needs to go to like Houston and win from the ground up to achieve greatness remotely close to the greats

Points Awarded:

pronk gave Sunde91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    What kind of question is this. Lebron is forever a joke for going to Miami to be with his best friend, a top player already with a ring who would be there to hold his hand to get one. He follows Wade around like a dog, copies his style, walks behind him, defers to him, he coughed to mock Dirk to back up his top after Wade did first and looked back. Will he be in Miami for the rest of his career with Wade lol

He needs to go to like Houston and win from the ground up to achieve greatness remotely close to the greats

love it.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I'd be ok with him coming here to Houston, I'm tired of rooting for crap players like Scola and Lowry.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post

It's obvious that the league is gearing towards having a minimum of 2 superstars meaning 2 top 15 players at least on 1 team to contend for a ring. That's the direction the league is heading in.

You sure didn't have a problems when 2 HoFamers joined PP in Boston. Not on the level of these 3 in MIA but KG was a top 3 PF at the time, PP was a top 3 SF, and Allen was a top 5 SG.

Jordan never won dick by himself. He had one of the top if not the best SF in the NBA at the time on his team among others.

Magic played with arguably the greatest center of all time.

Kobe is not gonna win anymore rings with just Gasol and Bynum. Dwight is not gonna win any rings by himself.

Dirk will be the last superstar to win a ring without another legit top 15 player on his team. You'll see.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 06-21-12 at 01:59 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I am a Celtics fan but what LeBron has done since he stepped into the league is mind boggling. He is the best player in the game....period. He'll win multiple rings and talking heads will still find a way to bring him down. You'd be hard pressed to find a 18 year old kid thrust into the media circus he was and find any that have exceeded expectations. We love to build and destroy. 2 years from now most of the analysts loving Durant right now will turn on him too in their thirst to tout the next big thing.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Were KG and Allen traded, or did they collude to sign as FAs after a national TV announcement, then have a concert not 6 not 7

Jordan had little early, like Lebron. Lebron quit after 8 seasons (25 at time). Jordan stuck it out and got help, first ring in his 8th season (28 at time)

Realize lebron quit on a team that had back to back #1 overall seeds 09 and 10...Everything nice and fine in regular season, goof team photos and skits every single game. Then the going gets tough in the playoffs and Lebron is too weak to step up and lead the same capable team and perform. Off to Miami where Wade, Bosh, and Riley will make it all better. There there bron bron

This is like Rose leaving his home team (like bron) in a few years after losing as #1 a few more times. Not a remote chance as he doesn't have the sense of entitlement that he is basketball jesus who does no wrong and needs to be handed a Championship
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: upscope, tunaguitar76, and Mac4Lyfe

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The Celtics traded all star Wally World Szczerbiak as well as a lot of top prospects for those two guys including Al Jefferson

chacker
    chacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6620

I do not believe most people in Lebron's situation would have NOT gone to Miami. If YOU were the best SF and had the chance to be on a team with the best SG in the league (imo) who is also a good friend AND btw you also get the best player from another team (CB) you would say no??? RIght... I'm sure you would.

Wade is not holding his hand and in fact admits Lebron is better. Wade won his ring all by himself right? Or.. wait... HE HAD SHAQ, a top 50 player of all time. Was Shaq a joke for going to Miami? Wasn't he too ALSO seeking to win like Lebron was? Or is he excused because he already has rings (would you excuse Lebron if he already had rings?) What if Wade had joined Cleveland instead, would you still hate Lebron?

And Btw how did Shaq get his rings, by himself? Or, was he a top 10 player at the time who had another top 10 player on his team (KOBE) and also the best coach ever(Phil Jackson)? And why was Phil Jackson coaching the Lakers anyway? Wouldn't he want to go to a bad team and build from the ground up? No he went to one of the best teams because he needs people to hold his hand, right? And when Shaq left the Lakers didn't they fall to .500 team AND Kobe was looking to be traded.

People cite reasons for why they hate Lebron that are irrational. I think people just WANT to hate him and find their reasons to back-up why they do. Just as a young person in love who is then dumped will often come up with reasons to hate the person that dumped them. It is a defense-mechanism and a way to cope for Lebron-haters feel that he somehow cheated by joining a team with that much talent.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chacker View Post
    I do not believe most people in Lebron's situation would have NOT gone to Miami. If YOU were the best SF and had the chance to be on a team with the best SG in the league (imo) who is also a good friend AND btw you also get the best player from another team (CB) you would say no??? RIght... I'm sure you would.

Wade is not holding his hand and in fact admits Lebron is better. Wade won his ring all by himself right? Or.. wait... HE HAD SHAQ, a top 50 player of all time. Was Shaq a joke for going to Miami? Wasn't he too ALSO seeking to win like Lebron was? Or is he excused because he already has rings (would you excuse Lebron if he already had rings?) What if Wade had joined Cleveland instead, would you still hate Lebron?

And Btw how did Shaq get his rings, by himself? Or, was he a top 10 player at the time who had another top 10 player on his team (KOBE) and also the best coach ever(Phil Jackson)? And why was Phil Jackson coaching the Lakers anyway? Wouldn't he want to go to a bad team and build from the ground up? No he went to one of the best teams because he needs people to hold his hand, right? And when Shaq left the Lakers didn't they fall to .500 team AND Kobe was looking to be traded.

People cite reasons for why they hate Lebron that are irrational. I think people just WANT to hate him and find their reasons to back-up why they do. Just as a young person in love who is then dumped will often come up with reasons to hate the person that dumped them. It is a defense-mechanism and a way to cope for Lebron-haters feel that he somehow cheated by joining a team with that much talent.
    Shaq was traded as well

rm18
    Update your status

Well technically Lebron got traded, but I mean the Shaq trade was a real trade they got great players for him

chacker
    chacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6620

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Shaq was traded as well

Just trying to understand here... So because Shaq was traded he had no CHOICE in the matter, correct? That's what makes it okay for him? Again, who WOULDN'T make the CHOICE of joining a team with the best SG in the league and the best player from TOR if you had the opportunity?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

It will quiet them a bit, but they will still have their excuses.

Still haven't heard from you darkhat.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Lebron would be hated even without the immense talent.

He is the biggest bitch in the NBA.

Lots of players will try to initiate contact on a buzzer heave from half court.

Lebron is one of the FEW players which will pull that move and then legitimately bitch to the officials for not falling for his act.

Also, for anyone who has watched Wade his entire career, Wade has become 10 times the whining vagina that he was without Lebron. That isn't a coincidence.

Titles or no titles, Lebron is a bitch. Talent or no talent, he is a mental midget. Most players know what a bitch he is. Only a few will come out and say it. Joakim Noah.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave PickWinnerAllDay 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

No because people still hate Kobe Bryant even though he has won 5 championships.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

really damn I didnt know thoswe guys played 5 on 1 ball... what a dope. LETS GO HEAT!

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

it's not hate its envy. they would love Lebron if he wore there teams uniform. Guy has never been in trouble with law, gives his time and $$ to charity in both communitys (miami and cleveland) and is a great and unselfish team mate..so why do people hate him ENVY. I say f\*\*k the haters ..LETS GO HEAT!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

As a lakers fan if lebron came to our team I would be sick to my stomach.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

is ok but I think he needs 3

If he wins this one I am sure he will win at least 2 more

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

about to win one, not earn one

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Lebron would be hated even without the immense talent.

He is the biggest bitch in the NBA.

Lots of players will try to initiate contact on a buzzer heave from half court.

Lebron is one of the FEW players which will pull that move and then legitimately bitch to the officials for not falling for his act.

Also, for anyone who has watched Wade his entire career, Wade has become 10 times the whining vagina that he was without Lebron. That isn't a coincidence.

Titles or no titles, Lebron is a bitch. Talent or no talent, he is a mental midget. Most players know what a bitch he is. Only a few will come out and say it. Joakim Noah.

YES!

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I will never lose or silence my hate for him as I know how he behaved when he lost...one big sore loser with no class.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    it's not hate its envy. they would love Lebron if he wore there teams uniform. Guy has never been in trouble with law, gives his time and $$ to charity in both communitys (miami and cleveland) and is a great and unselfish team mate..so why do people hate him ENVY. I say f\*\*k the haters ..LETS GO HEAT!

Spot on.

People hate on him because the Heat "bought" a championship and he was part of that.

He brought Cleveland from nothing to the best record in the league. Cleveland wasn't doing shit to give him a decent team to play with. He had Mo fukkin Williams as the only other decent player, ohh and big Z.

But if the Cavs just happened to get Bosh or someone to play down low with Varejao the year Lebron left...Of course the haters would say the Cavs now bought a championship (just like the heat)

The haters have excuses for everything.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Spot on.

People hate on him because the Heat "bought" a championship and he was part of that.

He brought Cleveland from nothing to the best record in the league. Cleveland wasn't doing shit to give him a decent team to play with. He had Mo fukkin Williams as the only other decent player, ohh and big Z.

But if the Cavs just happened to get Bosh or someone to play down low with Varejao the year Lebron left...Of course the haters would say the Cavs now bought a championship (just like the heat)

The haters have excuses for everything.
    pretty much nailed it.

they also hate him because Lebron called them out about their hate and how they live sad pathetic lives embroiled in bitterness and resentment while Lebron makes millions living up his life.

fuk these haters they will always hate someone because its in their DNA. if not lebron, than westbrook and probably anthony davis after that

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    pretty much nailed it.

they also hate him because Lebron called them out about their hate and how they live sad pathetic lives embroiled in bitterness and resentment while Lebron makes millions living up his life.

fuk these haters they will always hate someone because its in their DNA. if not lebron, than westbrook and probably anthony davis after that

If that really hurt peoples feelings, then those people need to get the dick outta their ass.

I could give a fukk less what some dumbfukk entertainer has to say. I watch sports because it's exciting, not to listen to their views on life or anything they have to say about anything besides the sport they play.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by chacker View Post
    Or is he excused because he already has rings (would you excuse Lebron if he already had rings?)
    lol, isn't that the whole point ​?

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Two ways to read the title.

1. Will Lebron's ONE ring silence his haters? Probably not, I think most of Lebron's will be quite happy if he only wins one ring.

2. Will Lebron's FIRST ring silence his haters? Probably not, a hater is a hater, win or lose.

So in both cases, probably not.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

One ring changes everything. Kevin Garnett has one ring and is perceived a great vs very good. Clyde drexler, dr j, dirk, Kidd, brett favre, peyton manning are just a few players that winning ONE ring changed everything. You won't hear near as much negative about lebron after this series. No one talks about Alex Rodriguez anymore.

12 Last