milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

you will not hear one word about DURANT choking

or westbrook choking

every other team gets treated like a team by the media and fans

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

yes you will, both durant and harden majorly choked here being called out everywhere

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I think i did just hear a word about it

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Well they are 23

No one really called Lebron a choker when the cavs got smoked by the spurs. Takes some time to gain a rep. And durant has come up big thru the playoffs.

milwaukee mike

ok you might hear a few words about it

but come on if lebron threw the ball away and missed all these shots at the end of the last 2 games he would be treated like charles manson or jeffrey dahmer

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** lebron and **** you too if you support him

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

game was in miami with the refs helping out

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    thanks for the kind words

must be an enlightened life you live, hating people you have never met just for appreciating the athletic ability of someone else you will never meet

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Harden forced the refs to call a blocking foul late in the game. Dude needs stay on his feet and stop faking charges.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    ok you might hear a few words about it

but come on if lebron threw the ball away and missed all these shots at the end of the last 2 games he would be treated like charles manson or jeffrey dahmer
    Durant shot really well tonight, they had a 6 point lead after he got his 4th foul. The missed free throws by him and Harden back-to-back really killed though. The turnovers were pretty bad aswell.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron doing a good job guarding Durant

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Durant= good guy..

Lebron= oyster.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Durant= good guy..

Lebron= oyster.
    Sorry Mike, agree with Queeny on this one.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

thanks for the kind words

must be an enlightened life you live, hating people you have never met just for appreciating the athletic ability of someone else you will never meet
    You're an idiot. He thinks you're a peasant while you're appreciating his "athletic ability"...He couldn't give two fuks about you or your life. Not everyone is from Wisconsin, most of us are not jolly. I don't think I have met anybody who wasn't nice that was from Wisconsin. Unfortunately, your name is not Lebron.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Durant choked

When you're the best closer in the game and you don't play up to the standard you've set, it's not considered choking. Durant has set the bar.

What Lebron has done for the last 9 years is considered choking.

Durant just didn't bring it like he normally does. He just had an average game by his standards.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

lebron even moved hasleem on that in bound pass cutting off the angle that lead to the turnover. guy has been dominating.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Durant choked

When you're the best closer in the game and you don't play up to the standard you've set, it's not considered choking. Durant has set the bar.

Durant just didn't bring it like he normally does. He just had an average game by his standards.
    No no Tiger Teaser, Durant played bad down the stretch. I think he will comeback strong. i thought for sure they would get this one though

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Durant choked

thats exactly wat choking is .....................

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Sorry Mike, agree with Queeny on this one.
    unreal.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Durant choked

Lebron has been averaging 30+ points in almost every single game in the playoffs and he is literally carrying this team on his back to a championship

you are just a hater and a sheep that follows the current trend of who's in and who's out.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    **** you. ****ing **** ****** and ****** youself ***** ***** ****

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

The choking talk with Lebron, and with everyone else too, is way overdone. There's not a "choker" every single fukkin game. There's just the team that loses, and the players that did not win the game at the end because the players on the other team played better and won the game! The choking bullshit is ridiculous.

Yeah, sometimes you do have a choke or a choker. But most games just play out. Both teams played well tonight. Miami was just better. End of story.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Mike actually gets it here.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I don't understand why people get so fired up about people "hating" Lebron.

People don't hate Lebron because they think he is an overrated player. They hate him because he is brash, conceited, overly aware and concerned with peoples' opinion of him, corny, sold out his home town, The Decision, whines after EVERY missed shot to the refs (even whined after a half court buzzer beater attempt tonight), refers to himself as King James to other players in text messages, quit in the finals, etc.

I honestly think Lebron's new focus and attitude is 100% self interest driven by wanting to silence critics and restore his image, I don't think he has a shred of intrinsic motivation to be great and win a championship

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Kid Clutch doesn't choke.

Everyone likes Durant. Most hate Lebron. That is why.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

ALL THIS TALK ABOUT DURANT BUT WHAT THE F-CK DOES DEREK FISHER ADD HE IS USELESS ON THE COURT EVERYTIME I SEE THE GUY TAKE A SHOT HE MISSES.DEREK FISHER IS KILLING THIS TEAM HE ACTUALLY SLOWS DOWN THE TEMPO AND TAKES EVERYBODY OUT OF THE FAST BREAK MODE

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    ALL THIS TALK ABOUT DURANT BUT WHAT THE F-CK DOES DEREK FISHER ADD HE IS USELESS ON THE COURT EVERYTIME I SEE THE GUY TAKE A SHOT HE MISSES.DEREK FISHER IS KILLING THIS TEAM HE ACTUALLY SLOWS DOWN THE TEMPO AND TAKES EVERYBODY OUT OF THE FAST BREAK MODE
    They should sign Fisher to only give pregame speeches and to give advice during practice/from the bench.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

No, having a bad game is not choking or else Jordan was the king of choking. Every one is entitled to have a bad game or two, it doesn't mean they choked. Choking has more to do with the pressure and repeated bad games in pressure situations, see Lebron James of the past 8 years. This year Lebron is dominating. Miami wins this series because of Lebron.

However, Durant did not choke IMO. Maybe just a difference of definitions.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

We can judge durant in 5 years.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post

People don't hate Lebron because they think he is an overrated player. They hate him because he is brash, conceited, overly aware and concerned with peoples' opinion of him, corny, sold out his home town, The Decision, whines after EVERY missed shot to the refs (even whined after a half court buzzer beater attempt tonight), refers to himself as King James to other players in text messages, quit in the finals, etc.

I honestly think Lebron's new focus and attitude is 100% self interest driven by wanting to silence critics and restore his image, I don't think he has a shred of intrinsic motivation to be great and win a championship
    It's Heat fans (like Mike, the OP) who have a problem with Lebron-haters. Most non-Heat fans either hate Lebron or are indifferent about him I think.

Despite all your excellent points, gotta admit I'm mostly rooting for the guy at this point. For a bunch of reasons. For one thing, he's held up to a higher standard than anyone ever, so that's a lot of weight to bear. Number two, the guy has paid his dues... all those years with lousy Cavs teams, three trips to the Finals, etc. And finally, even though I hated his guts like everyone else did after The Decision, I feel like he KNOWS that was a huge mistake, and he's paid his penance by being a villain for two years now. And finally, I really don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's much more viewed as some total a-hole than he is an actual a-hole. There's WAY worse guys in the league than him. I'd like to see him earn himself a title now. And even though I love Durant (who doesn't?), the Thunder are SO young and have paid NO dues yet -- you gotta have some gut-wrenching playoff failures first, and your fans must pay their dues too! The OKC fans don't deserve a title yet, come on, they just got the fukkin team!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SteelRain

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post

ur post is a prime example why people defend lebron.
    u give him zero credit for his accomplishments
    u dont even want to give him credit for his will to win and effort to win a title this year

that last sentence is an absolute joke of a contradiction
    in order for him to shut people up, he has to win a title,
    so obviously he is motivated to win a title so he shut people up ..................

shudnt even be an argument on whether he wants to win a title
    y u think he went to miami?

jsmithj88

No, having a bad game is not choking or else Jordan was the king of choking. Every one is entitled to have a bad game or two, it doesn't mean they choked. Choking has more to do with the pressure and repeated bad games in pressure situations, see Lebron James of the past 8 years. This year Lebron is dominating. Miami wins this series because of Lebron.

However, Durant did not choke IMO. Maybe just a difference of definitions.
    its ur definition dude, so yea, from ur definition kobe, jordan, durant choke all the time
    in fact, ur definition disqualifies lebron from the choking argument since hes obviously not the best closer, hahahahaha

i dont think durant choked today, bad games happen, but if it was lebron, it would have been a choke tonite
    if the heat had lost, it shud fall heavily on wade, that dude was out of control in the 4th

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

It's only 2-1.

Pretty sure Durant didn't leave OKC after a horrible season two years ago to join up with two all-stars either.

Durant and Westbrook are the reason the Thunder are in he finals. The team has gotten better every year since they have been in OKC. They haven't choked yet.

Choking is what your Brewers did in the playoffs last year losing on their homefield in the playoffs to the Cardinals.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Westbrook got shat upon by the talking heads after game 2.

Durant is still a golden boy, hasn't pissed off enough people yet, like Lebron and Tiger and what not.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

If choking means you're the leagues leading scorer, have hit three game winners in the playoffs, taken over in the final minutes of game 3 of the Western Conference Finals and Game 1 of the NBA finals, your team has gotten farther in the playoffs each year, and you're currently in the NBA Finals than so be it.

I'll take that 23 year-old choker that's only going to continue to get better.

Durant is still playing where as 28 other teams aren't.

12 Last