Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Miami will win tonight, but should be close. Quick observations

Durant has been an absolute assassin in these playoffs. But he is still weak defensively and has been exposed by Lebron in the first couple games. My question is what happens when his butter jump shot is just a little off. If I am a Thunder backer, I'm just a little worried that if Durant's jumper is off, the Thunder will really struggle to score on Miami's defense.

Westbrook was heavily criticized in gm 2. Before the series, I said that the Thunder were too young to win this series because of the magnitude of the moment (for all players other than KD). The Conf. Finals are much different than the Finals. Westbrook is taking too many shots. He's taking more shots than Durant, and you can win on a consistant basis with that formula.

Westbrook is far too emotional to win a ring right now--he's too caught up in all the highs and lows of the game and you have to be focused here. You can't let your emotions slip. You can see he's been celebrating on and1's like he's already won a ring, while Lebron and Wade don't even show a trace of emotion when they get an and1 or sick play.

Sefalosha needs to spend more time guarding Wade. I said before the series that I didn't think Brooks was smart enough to let Sefalosha guard Lebron in gm 1, but he did it. That's why I think like a coach. That simple adjustment to give Durant his legs for the offensive end and down the stretch which is why they won gm 1. However, Durant has to accept a challenge now because Wade is going to play lights out at home and Westbrook is not a good defender to be honest. He's very overrated on D.

James Harden needs a huge game.

Bosh and Battier are exposing Ibaka and Nick Collison as I said before the series started. Ibaka is a blocker, nothing more. He'll be in foul trouble if he hangs out in the paint OR Bosh/Battier will be camped out in the corner and Ibaka will have no chance.

Perkins--He can't play in this series too much. He's too much of a liability, because MIA don't play with a true C and their PF camps out near the perimeter.

Scott Brooks needs to go small? Yeah, but now you're opening up even more driving lanes for Bron and Wade. So you have to make a decision. Do you want to close off the shooters like Chalmers, Battier, Bosh? Or do you want to pack in the paint?

This is a starters series. Besides Harden and Haslem on some nights, there's no significant production off the bench for either team. Some players like Collison and James Jones can provide a spark for a few minutes, but whoever's starters play better (include Harden), that's who's going to win the game.

Tonight, I just can't see OKC holding Lebron and Wade to under 30. I think both will go for 30+ actually and Chalmers will have a big game. Bosh is going to do his thing as well.

Main thing for OKC is Durant. You can talk about Westbrook as much as possible but if Durant doesn't shoot a crazy 55% I don't see how OKC can stay in games honestly. Miami's defense is too good. And Durant relies on that jump shot so much--it can either win you a ring or not.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

What a shitty analysis. Miami can very well win tonight, but god damn your analysis is weak as ****. Worst part is you think you know basketball, smh.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

nobody would care if something terrible happened to you

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    What a shitty analysis. Miami can very well win tonight, but god damn your analysis is weak as ****. Worst part is you think you know basketball, smh.
    yeah that's why I said before gm 1 sefalosha has to guard Lebron. Now I am making a readjustment if I am a coach. Most tools just to a cross mismatch between positions. I understand coaching. Read my game 1 and game 2 threads and look at how detailed the matchup analysis is. Then I said at the half of game 1 in the WCF that Thunder had to go small to beat the Spurs. It took Scott Brooks til the second half of gm 2 to figure this out. Please. I am a basketball genius, that's not really debatable.

These are just general points. It's not specific. Go argue about line movement somewhere else if you want.

Dclan86
    Dclan86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Was that an analysis or just you trying to stroke your ego? "Thats why I think like a coach". LOL. Thats why you probably work at Mcdonalds and have to make big time game decisions like "Should I let the fries go an extra minute for exra crispiness".

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

OKC +175, cant pass on that

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC wins tonight =(

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Please. I am a basketball genius, that's not really debatable"

SORRY, GOAT, HAD TO CUT AND PASTE THIS ONE IN

Last edited by JR007; 06-17-12 at 06:28 PM.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Miami's defense is too good.
    Enjoyed reading the post but this is just wrong. Boston took the p*ss at times and OKC ran amok in game 1, Miami are too loose and the amount of 3's they allow is unreal, if Durant shoots 45% or more, Miami is in deep sh*t

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

If I had $5 for every time Rondo in the previous series and Westbrook in the first 2 games sliced right to the rim and missed layups against this "great defense" I could retire. Just make the layups and more of the open shots and Thunder will be fine.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, it doesn't matter if he is right or wrong. Nobody on this site can write these type of write ups. Nobody! That's all that matters.
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave ShogunRua 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Good analysis goat.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    Enjoyed reading the post but this is just wrong. Boston took the p*ss at times and OKC ran amok in game 1, Miami are too loose and the amount of 3's they allow is unreal, if Durant shoots 45% or more, Miami is in deep sh*t
    Smogs, Miami defense is incredible. Like I said Durant had to score 30+ for the Thunder to win. Miami can limit Harden and Westbrook and the "others". DUrant is the only guy that can score consistently. He's an unreal player. Wait til next couple years, he puts on 15 pounds, the guy will literally be the greatest offensive player to ever step foot on a court.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, goat,kudos, you won one, too bad you did not bet the game......