Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Durant stroking the refs for game 3?

Everyone knows he got mugged on the last shot right? From the baseline view you can see James put his arm in his chest and finish by pushing his leg down. He could have ripped into the ref and not been fined.

"I just missed," Durant said.
    Was there contact?
    "I really couldn't tell you. I've got to watch the film, I guess."
    Are you saying you don't think you got mugged by LeBron on that last play? You don't believe you were fouled?
    "I missed the shot, man."

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Go to the 21s mark.

He definitely had Westbrook's arm on the offensive rebound too. One of them should have been shootin.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude has a lot of class. That wasn't even the worst "job" during the game. Surprised Van Gundy is still criticizing the calls openly. What abt the double block goal tend call to halt an OKC run. Easy to have gone to the monitors, but no way were they gonna disappoint league office. In any event, even with refs obviously pulling for Miami--if OKC just makes free throws they win again. Now that they know who the league wants to win--no room for error and sloppy play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Billy all you need to be concerned about is me winning my big bet

Do whatever it takes to get refs on City side

Use SBR money

ctr
    ctr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1095

okc will win the next game

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2cw...tailpage#t=23s 23 sec and 26 sec mark are two clear fouls IMO

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

I agree that one of the two should of been shooting free throws. That double block call was also a terrible call. Don't see how that's goal tending if Durant got his hands on the ball before Ibaka came in to get another hand on it...

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Durant is smart, he obviously knows that kind of attitude will get the ref's respect next game.

OKC would have gotten that call last night they just didn't grease the right palms.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If Kevin Durant said all that Dozer... then we are witnessing a NBA Superstar prospering before our eyes. I hope the kid has the integrity to take 2 of 3 games in Miami.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newbie question, but do they use the same refs for all the finals games?
    If so I would think Durant's show of class would have longer legs.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Durant should have been fouled out at that point.

99% of the time you aren't getting that call in that context. Sooner Durant learns that, the better.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Meh. Pretty weak foul to call, especially that late in a finals game. If the situation was reversed and Lebron was shooting that shot with KD defending, there would have been an uproar over how Lebron is babied by the refs and it was a weak call.

I'd rather have the refs let them play than be overzealous with the calls. Major props to KD for his response tho. Its impossible to not like him

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

No they don't use same refs on all games, but same official may work on more than 1 games.

Not defending officials, but the block by Durant was hard to see unless you view it in replay. And at end of games, officials really have much more influence because they tend not to call touchy fouls they normally call earlier during the game. But you don't know what kind of contact they allow, so it is always kind of gamble (with good odds though) for defending team to be a little bit more aggressive, and will sure create a lot of controversies in close games.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well does everyone just forget that Kevin Durant should of fouled out when they called a block on the Heat when it was a clear charge?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Everyone is a mighty good ref when viewing a replay in slow-motion 50 times.

Refs dont get to do that.. please stop it with the nonsense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5, and beerman2619

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

people want to talk about KD being fouled when he shud have fouled out already
    i actually think lebron travelled when he got that rebound

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

come on!! I know you guys are not this stupid. that was not a foul that affected Durants look. the refs are not going to call that with the game on the line! regardless if you think Lebron had his arm 'wrapped around him pushing his knee down' Durant is a word class athlete, shit like that does not impede his shot, especially 5 ft from the basket. he had a perfectly clean look. he said it himself "i just missed the shot man" he knew its a shot he could have made and 99 out of 100 would have made in the same situation with that little bit of contact.

stop it, please.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Well does everyone just forget that Kevin Durant should of fouled out when they called a block on the Heat when it was a clear charge?
    this too. that was WAY more than a clearer foul that should have been called than the crying about Lebrons contact

zoo youk

after watching it for the 5th time..he wasn't even 'holding his knee down' hes fore arm grazed his fkn thigh. big deal. it aint like he slapped in him on the arm and redirected the shot

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

people acting like they've been watching playoff basketball since beginning of time or something. it's always been, fouls on the last play will not determine the outcome of a game when a team is down by 1 or the game is tied. but when the game's on the line and the team is down by two, they usually do call fouls to give the team fts to give them the opportunity tie the game. that missed foul was crucial. if the game went to overtime, okc most likely woulda won assuming durant not fouling out...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    after watching it for the 5th time..he wasn't even 'holding his knee down' hes fore arm grazed his fkn thigh. big deal. it aint like he slapped in him on the arm and redirected the shot
    you don't play basketball much do you?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Everyone knows he got mugged

Mugged? Come on now.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the refs pulled a stern.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Good non-call.

Mods, merge this with the refs thread from yesterday. Thanks.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

hopefully Durant fouls out next game with a charge call. refs need to get it right.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    hopefully Durant fouls out next game with a charge call. refs need to get it right.

couldn't agree more with this post was a clear charge on Durant that would of fouled him out of the game. But no called a block on Battier went both ways some bad calls went the Thunder way also. Heat outplayed the Thunder thats the bottom line. Thunder are going to have to figure out how to come out better in games. Or this finals belong to the Heat.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Dozer this isn't even fair and you know it. Should we go through all the other shots in the game and find the missed fouls? Those points are equally important as these two? This is just not even worth debating over.

:stir the drama pot:

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    :stir the drama pot:

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    people acting like they've been watching playoff basketball since beginning of time or something. it's always been, fouls on the last play will not determine the outcome of a game when a team is down by 1 or the game is tied. but when the game's on the line and the team is down by two, they usually do call fouls to give the team fts to give them the opportunity tie the game. that missed foul was crucial. if the game went to overtime, okc most likely woulda won assuming durant not fouling out...
    then durant shud have been charged with his 6th foul earlier
    and the game would have ended way b4 the closing seconds

was it a foul? yes it was.
    so was MJs retirement shot.
    so was reggie millers pushoff on mj in the conference final.

zoo youk

you don't play basketball much do you?
    i played for traveling teams from the time i wsa 12-17 played in the pepsi arena in albany NY for 3 state championship

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    then durant shud have been charged with his 6th foul earlier
    and the game would have ended way b4 the closing seconds

was it a foul? yes it was.
    so was MJs retirement shot.
    so was reggie millers pushoff on mj in the conference final.
    Battier wasn't set... that assanine's feet were still moving while Durant was already in the air. Had to call that on Battier or NO CALL. Battier didn't argue much because he knew he wasn't set.

You can't just slide underneath people at the last split second... like a magician and expect to get a charge.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    i played for traveling teams from the time i wsa 12-17 played in the pepsi arena in albany NY for 3 state championship
    that wasn't a graze, lebron's stiff forearm impeded durant's elevation. and since you've played ball, you should know that you shoot with your legs and not just with your hands.

zoo youk

that wasn't a graze, lebron's stiff forearm impeded durant's elevation. and since you've played ball, you should know that you shoot with your legs and not just with your hands.
    and like i said before....he was five feet away from the net..he doesnt need to put his legs into that to make that
    ..hes a world class athlete with crazy arm length....and yes it was a graze..it aint like he drove his arm into his thigh completely pushing it down prohibiting him from jumping lol.

and like i said in the other thread...if the tables were turned and it was lebron and he got the call everyone and i mean everyone would be going absolutely ballistic, saying how bad its fixed and blah blah blah

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Heat deserved to win but I believe they were going to either win last night or game 3 anyway. I look for OKC to bounce back and go up 2-1

zoo youk

Durant said it himself, "i just missed the shot man" you would think if the contact bothered him that much, he would have hinted at it a llittle...possibly saying "yeah i wasnt able to get any lift on my shot so it was short" no..he just flat out said...i missed the shot man....that tells me to him the contact had no effect on his shot as well

12 Last