BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The official Lebron James thread: Why you hate him or love him.

Lebron is a hot topic here. I think it would be interesting to see what everyone really thinks nut have it condensed into one thread.

I think he is the most gifted player in the world and a freak of an athlete. I don't think he is a bad guy or anything but he definitely rubs me the wrong way.

I think it was a bitch move to abandon the city of Cleveland and his team like he did. With that said, if that was the only thing he did I could get over it. It's just the way he went about it.

Having a one hour special? Having a WWE intro with the Heat like they had already won a championship?? Saying "Not one, not two, not three, not four, but five, six, and seven championships"??? Really? That's extremely cocky and arrogant.

His little throwing of the chalk thing before the game is stupid too.

I don't understand how people can praise a guy when he defers when the game is on the line.

Also, listening to him talk leading up to the Finals makes it even worse. It just seems like he is making excuses for last year. "I wasn't relaxed" "I didn't know my teamates as well" "I wasn't comfortable with my game". Really Lebron? Just say Dallas played great and they were a better team because that's what happened.

Kobe and Jordan lived for taking the last shot. Lebron is scared to take the last shot. Kobe and Jordan would rather prov they can win a title by themselves. Lebron would rather join other all-stars to make it easier.

This is why Lebron will never be in the same breath as Kobe or Jordan. I can't stand Kobe Bryant either but I have more respect for him.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 06-11-12 at 11:12 PM.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

long live the king!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by xxxvince View Post
    long live the king!
    OH yeah, and he started going by "King James" at 18.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

I am pretty sure LeBron does not give a F'k what anyone aside from his close family cares.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by samdapatriotsfan View Post
    I am pretty sure LeBron does not give a F'k what anyone aside from his close family cares.
    I would hope not.

The intent of this thread wasn't that Lebron James read it. LOL.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously the decision was an incredibly bad idea.

I don't like how he sucks up to all the refs all the time. When he does get called for a foul which is probably half the time, he does that seizure looking thing like he CANNOT BELIEVE he got called (you know what Im talking about). I used to do the same thing my first few games playing on a team and soon realized that it doesn't play in your favor at all..

I didn't like how he said "he doesn't foul out" after that game against Boston. He didn't even get as many bs calls as Paul Pierce that night..

Above all, I dislike how he takes 3 steps when he dunks.. The occasional time that he takes 4 steps it makes me want to throw the remote through the TV. Plus Im just that type of person who can't like the superstars. My first jersey was Jared Dudley's.

Miami has no heart and are truly the masters of flopping. The only people I like are UD and Chris Bosh.

That being said I respect his talent and despite the width of Dwight howards shoulders, he is by far the most amazing physical specimen, and the best basketball player in the world. I still hate him.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Even before the douchey way he handled leaving Cleveland, hes was a pre-ordained superstar. The Jordan comparisons from day 1 seemed forced. Hes a great player but hes not at that level, probably never will achieve to that level, and his style of play is much more similar to other NBA greats of the past. I like watching him play particuarly on defense, but I do tend to root against the guy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I don't know. Too many people criticize their personalities. I don't care about Lebron James the guy but the athlete-- he's something special.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Shows how good he is, he gets a "Official" thread at SBR.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I honestly don't understand why LeBron James gets so much hate. Because the guy left the Cavs? The Cavs were garbage, why wouldn't you leave them. Because he made "The Decision" on TV and made a huge deal about it? Didn't he donate all that money to the Boys and Girls Club.....I have no problem with a guy donating 2.5 million dollars to a charity. So what if he came out and danced in a parade. Most cities would do the same thing if they got the best player in the sport.

LeBron doesn't seem like a bad guy. Actually seems like a pretty good guy IMO. Media just blows everything out of proportion.T

Typical America.....love a guy for years and then turn on him for a couple small things.
    Points Awarded:

BlacK_HazE gave Speedy88 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Loola gave Speedy88 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

If I couldn't get anything in Cleveland as LeBron did I'd left aswell for sure. They never even tried to build around him - the old crap Jamison, Mo Williams who got raped in the Playoffs every game by any other PG and other garbages like Szcerbiak or what that guy was, shooting airballs from 3pt range and Gibson or Gooden? C'moon. If not for LeBron I bet they wouldn't have 10 wins in a season. He gave them the best record after Jordan but it's a team ball when it comes to the postseason. Cavs never even tried to give him the role players.

And I agree with Speedy. Fukking American media BS! James is not a bad guy at all just the hype and the media pressure killing him. He is a choker I admit that but why HATE HIM for that? Gosh, you must lost millions of $$$$$ on his games. I really love watching him play, just the best player since I'm watching basketball. I also think Wade must leave. He is the stopper and the Heat should build around James and Bosh. But won't happen. Wade got them together so another year without a ring.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Charitable work/positive image/ good role model

Dislikes:
    "the decision"/player collusion

The flopping/whining to the refs if he doesn't get his ticky tac foul calls... Rondo said it best..

24 hour espn hype(not his fault, but i hate seeing their "AMAZING" lebron plays of the day and half of them involve him traveling).

"the chosen one" tattoo. And i don't care how much he gives to charities, there are plenty plenty of instances where i've seen him act like an egotistical prikk.

Idiots who don't know anything about basketball proclaiming him to be the GOAT. Again, not his fault, but it never ceases to piss me off.

LOL
    LOL's Avatar Become A Pro!

@bigdofba
    just shut the **** up man.. really.
    im tired of your dump threads...

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Seriously.. you trying to sell papers?

No need for this official thread BS.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    Idiots who don't know anything about basketball proclaiming him to be the GOAT. Again, not his fault, but it never ceases to piss me off.
    THIS

I don't care about the decision or anything...LeBron is a heck of a player but this is the one that pisses me off...how people compare him to MJ and Kobe etc..dang..LeBron still ain't winning shit..

cdaniels24
    cdaniels24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Can't be mad at Lebron for leaving Cleveland. The Cavs GM sucks, they couldn't get it done so James took it into his own hands.

Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Old Shaq, Antwan Jamison, Big Z, Eric Snow, put those guys on any team and that team is an instant championship contender. . Every superstar in the past didn't do it by their selves. Everybody doesn't have an awesome GM like OKC

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny how like 90% of Lebron's haters hate him because he's "arrogant, cocky, egotistical".. Like MJ and Kobe weren't cocky? Every player in the NBA is cocky imo. You sound like you are best friends with him or hang out with him on a day to day basis. C'mon man you can't hate a dudes personality that you have never met before in your life, just going based of what the media says and how he's showed on tv. There's a reason why everywhere he goes the city loves him, his teammates love him, etc. That's a pretty lame exscuse not to like someone. Flopping? Who doesn't flop in the NBA today when they have the opportunity? I agree the decision thing was kinda a douchebag move, but if we really are going to hate someone because of one mistake they have made (at the age of 25 I should mention which he said that he would take back and handle things differently) I guess we should hate MJ for betting on games.. Kobe for rapping girls.. World Peace for beating up innocent people in the stands.. etc etc. It's sad how much people buy into the espn, media bs.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Fun to pick on him
    the A-Rod of the NBA
    The Decision(okay, fine, you're all tired of that being used)
    Tweets stupid shit- denies tweeting them
    stupid villain commercial
    poor sportsmanship
    doesn't do public relations interviews very much
    Delonte West did his mom-now that's hilarious
    gutless in clutch(maybe that will change but we've said that for 8 years now)
    then their's all the shit you hear-bad tipper,acts like a retard when he goes out
    he's super smug as shit
    espn sucks his dick and we get tired of that shit really quick when a diva just seems to interrupt our news coverage

the guy has more $$$ than anyone of us will ever have and he'll be okay
    he's just so easy and fun to pick on

muwarrior
    muwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Fun to pick on him
    the A-Rod of the NBA
    The Decision(okay, fine, you're all tired of that being used)
    Tweets stupid shit- denies tweeting them
    stupid villain commercial
    poor sportsmanship
    doesn't do public relations interviews very much
    Delonte West did his mom-now that's hilarious
    gutless in clutch(maybe that will change but we've said that for 8 years now)
    then their's all the shit you hear-bad tipper,acts like a retard when he goes out
    he's super smug as shit
    espn sucks his dick and we get tired of that shit really quick when a diva just seems to interrupt our news coverage

the guy has more $$$ than anyone of us will ever have and he'll be okay
    he's just so easy and fun to pick on
    You hate/like to pick on the guy because he tweets stuff you don't like but choose to read anyway? He doesn't do enough pr interviews for your liking? There's a rumour that he apparently doesn't tip enough for your liking? And because he apparently doesn't act in what you'd consider an appropriate manner while out in public with his own people?

Some of you Lebron haters need to get a ******* life. You care and are more concerned with how the guy lives his life than people who sit squarly on his dick.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Dude wears a "Check My Stats" t-shirt. Mocking Dirk last yr. Basically telling the general public that hates on him that they have to go back to their miserable lives while he continues on w/ his rich & famous life after choking in last yr's finals. When he was in high school somebody asked for his autograph, his mom stepped in & pushed the person back saying "he doesn't sign unless we get paid." this is just a few reasons tacked on to the countless already mentioned. But the #1 reason why I hate LeBron.......0 for his last 19 with the game tied or his team down 1-2-3 w/ under 10 sec to play yet all you hear is how good he is???

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

BigD you are right on most counts except one. You know if Durant came up with the chalk thing and did it before every game you'd be all over his nuts.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Any publicity is good publicity. Doesnt matter if hes an angel or an asshole. As long as hes in the media, hes going to make millions. Think Kardasians here. Keep hating him or keep loving him, he'll make his money and wont thank you for it.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    But the #1 reason why I hate LeBron.......0 for his last 19 with the game tied or his team down 1-2-3 w/ under 10 sec to play yet all you hear is how good he is???
    that ur #1 reason??????

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I am a Cleveland sports diehard fan. My opinion is what most Clevelanders cannot wrap their minds around.

The guy was from Akron (20 min from my house, 30-45min from Cleveland) he was a local hero. We were lucky enough to get the #1 pick and get this kid for 7 years. He absolutely revolutionized the city, economically and sportswise. He was surrounded with mediocore talent and turned some of them into All-Stars. He Made Zydrunas Illgausakas and Mo Williams allstars. They were 6th men at best. He was literally unreal. Watching him at the "Q" was electifying.

The Cavs could have got Amare Stoudamire at the trade deadline for JJ Hickson and a draft pick. Danny Ferry wouldn't pull the fkkin trigger and it tarnished the Cavs management. Don't get me wrong, this guy was given everything - that was also Dan Gilbert's fault. Dan Gilbert uses steriods and has roid rage issues, just a sidenote. How he treated LeBron after the decision will never allow another All-Star to come sign with the Cavs.

The whole "decision" me and my buddies sat there and watched him on national tv do what I thought he was going to do for 3 years. He never gave a promise to Cleveland that he was staying, so wtf do you think he's going to do? He's going to leave. He had no help. Want him to sit around and get criticized for throwing the ball to Daniel Gibson for threes, or have Dwyane Wade as your other wing player? Truly a moron if you think he should have stayed. I love the Cavs and still do, but I root for LeBron to do well. He gave this city a shitload.

He should not have done it on TV, but he did donate the money. That is the only beef anyone can have with the decision. All of my buddies despise the guy, I can't even watch a Miami game in the playoffs with the pricks because they start whining, "Why do you still love this guy?" I love the way he plays. He's the best player ever - hate is what disallows people from seeing it.

Overall, he's 6'8 265, a machine. He did nothing wrong to get the hate he does.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    It's funny how like 90% of Lebron's haters hate him because he's "arrogant, cocky, egotistical".. Like MJ and Kobe weren't cocky?
    Kobe and MJ backed it up. I'm pretty sure they have 11 rings between them. That's the difference.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I honestly don't understand why LeBron James gets so much hate.

Here we go again...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Look4Cover, and darrell74