RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn Westbrook!

I didn't know he had ups like that. Wow.JJ Gold did say he was most athletic guard in the NBA

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

yep, westbrook > rose
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dilojanj

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

over 20 points
    12 assists
    4 steals

10x better than Rose

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

shit someone just said westbrook better than rose ? omg... anyone who knows basketball would disagree.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

sry to disagree but westbrook's decision making and game IQ is subpar on an NBA level despite his athleticism
    stats and boxscores don't equate to being better than another player
    ex players and true anaysts and scouts never use box scores save shooting % to determine a player's true value
    setting the tempo for a pg, shooting % for a sg, versatility in a sf etc.
    jj, u have a greater basketball mind than to use stats as the barometer in judging a player... dont be the unathletic nerd with no personal sport experience using only stats and boxscores to rate a player. as mark jackson used to say "Your better than that!"

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Better than rose

jjgold

Ross is a one dimensional player

He is Allen Iverson 2

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

sky is the limit for westbrook. look how emotional he plays.. you have to love watching him play.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ross is a one dimensional player

He is Allen Iverson 2
    JJ what does Westbrook do that Rose can't do?

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Rose doesn't have any swag

jjgold

Rose not a good defense
    Not a good rebounder

Not as athletic

MiAMiEDDY
    MiAMiEDDY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

12 assist???? Lmao. Guys thats his season high.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I would take russel over rose
    Why?
    Westbrook will actually play in the season and playoffs .. Rose is a bandaid

shadymcgrady

Rosebud hands down slam dunk a better defender than west brook, that's not even a valid argument there. Rose avg more rebounds his first two yrs than west brook has recently single that's another invalid point. West brook is the most athletic point guard in the NBA so saying rose isn't as athletic is like saying Pepsi doesn't have as much carbonation as coca cola. Pretty faulty and inaccurate assessments made from a biased perspective but bits all good. Find me one fan who's ever played basketball on a college or varsity level that makes this argument, street ball or riding the bench doesn't count. West brook plays on emotion which is a double edged sword rather than consistent fundamentals or intelligence

shadymcgrady

I didn't know rose had to be a good rebounded when he's got boozer Noah Gibson and asik crashing boards. I guess all those highlight reels of rose dunking on a dime from a 0-100mph drive aren't based on athleticism either. Man what is everyone else seeing?

downtown2222
    downtown2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I didn't know rose had to be a good rebounded when he's got boozer Noah Gibson and asik crashing boards. I guess all those highlight reels of rose dunking on a dime from a 0-100mph drive aren't based on athleticism either. Man what is everyone else seeing?
    Its a "what have you done for me lately" type of world...If rose was still in the playoffs and westbrook wasn't...theyd be saying the opposite

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by downtown2222 View Post
    Its a "what have you done for me lately" type of world...If rose was still in the playoffs and westbrook wasn't...theyd be saying the opposite
    Yeah wow! I mean westbrook is good but Rose is better hands down. Did you forget how many baskets he made weaving through 3 or 4 defenders? Plus Chicago is like the best offensive rebounding team so it plays into their system. Westbrook can turn the jets on a little too much and he probably airballs a layup once a game if not more. Westbrooks not far behind because he has tons of potential

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    JJ what does Westbrook do that Rose can't do?
    shoot the rock.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    sry to disagree but westbrook's decision making and game IQ is subpar on an NBA level despite his athleticism
    stats and boxscores don't equate to being better than another player
    ex players and true anaysts and scouts never use box scores save shooting % to determine a player's true value
    setting the tempo for a pg, shooting % for a sg, versatility in a sf etc.
    jj, u have a greater basketball mind than to use stats as the barometer in judging a player... dont be the unathletic nerd with no personal sport experience using only stats and boxscores to rate a player. as mark jackson used to say "Your better than that!"

RawBillyIce

Westbrook is awesome and so is my Thunder. Rose is great too though. Can't down that guy

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

westbrook the reason why they lost the finals. terrible decisions in the last couple minutes of games. plays too emotional. screams after getting a dunk or and1 in the first quarter. took more shots than durant almost every game. even the game he had 43 points he had to take like 34 shots to get those points. durant will drop 35 on 20 shot attempts.

he should learn from dwayne wade. never changes his expression. doesn't smile on a highlight dunk or and1. westbrook very annoying in that respect. it was obvious he was going to make mistakes down the stretch and try and be the hero.

he thinks he's on durant's level, that's the funny thing.

RawBillyIce

Goatmilk ... I couldn't disagree more

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by RawBillyIce View Post
    Goatmilk ... I couldn't disagree more
    you can't agree or disagree. that wasn't an opinion. those were all facts save for the last sentence. Better luck next year. Unlikely they will make it back to the finals, and if they do, no shot to beat MIA unless they pick up a true PG and move westbrook to the 2 spot.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Okc didn't lose cuz of Westbrook, they lost cuz Harden disappeared and refs called a foul on okc if they looked at LeBron te wrong way. Calling that phantom 4th foul on Durant when they had a 10 point lead killed the series right there

RawBillyIce

Paco making much more sense. also goat I watched every game of the series right here on my mutha fukin couch , cooking and cussing Miami the whole time.

I guess I am bias like u but on the other end of the Spectrum.

also, can't believe u said they will not make it back Heat bout got clipped by Rondo and crew and skated by the skin of teeth. oh and what u said about Wade. pussy ass fuking wade u r trippin even said Lebron was best

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i honestly thought there was no way thunder would lose finals...durant is one of my top 3 favorite players but game 4 was the first time i

was little disappointed with his performance...heat played very well and drained way too many 3balls...thunder will get another chance

to win one but if heat pick up dwight howard fukkin good night irene.

RawBillyIce

Heat introduces Thunder to soft piano music in that game 5 and then comes pouncing out dancing to the stage show and shit. such a ******* ladk of class

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    westbrook the reason why they lost the finals. terrible decisions in the last couple minutes of games. plays too emotional. screams after getting a dunk or and1 in the first quarter. took more shots than durant almost every game. even the game he had 43 points he had to take like 34 shots to get those points. durant will drop 35 on 20 shot attempts.

he should learn from dwayne wade. never changes his expression. doesn't smile on a highlight dunk or and1. westbrook very annoying in that respect. it was obvious he was going to make mistakes down the stretch and try and be the hero.

This is as about on point as it gets. Westbrook is a freak athletically, but a little lacking in basketball IQ. It's not so much the volume of shots he takes that bothers me, it's the volume of bad shots he takes. Anytime the leading scorer in basketball doesn't touch the ball in a half court set is a disservice to the team. He's young, so he's got time to improve decision making and shot selection. If he gets the right people in his ear, he just may get it.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Not really a fan of the guy, 1 of every 3 trips down court he takes an awful pull up jumper

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

he went 20 for 32 that game and only got 3 foul shots. he is 23 years old he is still learning when his career is over, westbrook will have a better career than wade. no matter what he and durant did lebron was not going to be denied. scott brooks was out coached and lebron played like a top 5 player all time in that series.
    he has to learn to be the #2 man on the team but that will come in time just like any 23 year old kid they have to learn and he will learn give him some time. he will learn from the playoffs this year and durant will also. getting beat 4-0 after game 1 will have them learn to grow as a team.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    he went 20 for 32 that game and only got 3 foul shots. he is 23 years old he is still learning when his career is over, westbrook will have a better career than wade. no matter what he and durant did lebron was not going to be denied. scott brooks was out coached and lebron played like a top 5 player all time in that series.
    he has to learn to be the #2 man on the team but that will come in time just like any 23 year old kid they have to learn and he will learn give him some time. he will learn from the playoffs this year and durant will also. getting beat 4-0 after game 1 will have them learn to grow as a team.
    Westbrook will have a better career than Wade? You realize Wade is one of x guys to average 25 5 and 6 for his career? Check out Wade's numbers in his 4th year in the league. Westbrook not even close. Wade is already guaranteed a top 20 player in nba HISTORY if he keep up this pace for 3 more years only.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Okc didn't lose cuz of Westbrook, they lost cuz Harden disappeared and refs called a foul on okc if they looked at LeBron te wrong way. Calling that phantom 4th foul on Durant when they had a 10 point lead killed the series right there
    Harden one of the reasons too you're right. Easy to see he would get rattled on the biggest stage. Honestly Westbrook played only 2 good games and 3 horrible games in the 5 game series and harden had 1 good game only.

Durant played great every game.

To the other guy, I meant he should learn professionalism from Wade. Obviously Lebron is better than Wade. Even Lebron looks to Wade above everyone else. Westbrook is an emotional mess. You can't be celebrating on an and1 like you just won the championship.

As I said before the series started, can't win a championship if you're that high and that low on the scale.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Westbrook will have a better career than Wade? You realize Wade is one of x guys to average 25 5 and 6 for his career? Check out Wade's numbers in his 4th year in the league. Westbrook not even close. Wade is already guaranteed a top 20 player in nba HISTORY if he keep up this pace for 3 more years only.
    wade's #'s are better than i thought. even with the #'s that wade has i think westbrook has the potential to be better than wade. if he can get that 15-17 ft jumper to fall consistently no one will be able to guard him. westbrook does have to get his emotions in check. if he could develop the quiet assassin type of persona he would be deadly in the 4th quarter with him and durant together. he has to learn humility though and know that he will be the best player possible if he is a team player not a me first player

RawBillyIce

not talking stats here but recency. Some of you guys should simply go back and watch the highlights from that series. Miami won fair and square no denying that. Bad calls here bad there so be it. Westbrook on the other hand was hitting so many pull up jumpers as a matter of fact there was many times in that series that he was the only guy hitting and keeping it going. Everybody who watched the series was screaming damn that Westbrook is something else! (and he is)

As far as Harding goes he had a bad couple games at the end which really sucks considering he is an awesome awesome player and can take any and everyone to the rim. Not to mention that the kid hits 3's like nobody's biz.

Ibaka is another who really showed what he is made of during the playoffs, blocking like Akeem Olajuwon.

Durant great enough said. The challenge is to keep the Thunder together. I just know 1 if not 2 will leave next season because of $$$.

Thunder rules! Heat wont be back next year even if they get Howard

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

^^ and they got a steal at getting perry jones3 at #28. That kid is athletic, can ball inside and from outside. Good ft shooter, and rebounder. and will be a Really good nba player if he can stay healthy.

12 Last