No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Let's avoid the pats on the backs and thread bumps from ECF Game 4

This game was an abomination down the stretch. Celtics did everything in their power to lose, yet the Heat were, well, the Heat. Both of these teams were gagging horribly. I know a win is a win for Boston backers and the bottom line is all that matters, but they did nothing to win this game beyond the first half.

Don't even get me started on the Heat. Typical LeBron. Typical Spoelstra. Typical late-game choke job. They dominated and did an outstanding job rallying to go up midway through the fourth, then were awful the rest of the way.

This wound up being a toss-up game due to the incompetence on both sides.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

and the total stayed close, manageable, same with the spread

another amazing nba game comes down to the final shot in OT

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This game was an abomination down the stretch. Celtics did everything in their power to lose, yet the Heat were, well, the Heat. Both of these teams were gagging horribly. I know a win is a win for Boston backers and the bottom line is all that matters, but they did nothing to win this game beyond the first half.

Don't even get me started on the Heat. Typical LeBron. Typical Spoelstra. Typical late-game choke job. They dominated and did an outstanding job rallying to go up midway through the fourth, then were awful the rest of the way.

This wound up being a toss-up game due to the incompetence on both sides.
    Celtics gave it their all first half and Heat never try 100% on road in 1st half... Heat deserve to lose

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I still think Boston was the right play which is why they bet them.

They should have won game two in Miami and blew out the Heat in the last game. There was no way I could back the road team.

Plus the league loves this.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

They should have won game two in Miami and blew out the Heat in the last game. There was no way I could back the road team.

Yep.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Can either of these teams actually give SA or OKC much trouble over 7 games?
    Doubtful.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Dude, what are u taking about? LeBron (which I'm not a fan of) played his ass off. If not for him, Miami losses by 30+... Blame the Heat loss on Wade and ONLY ON WADE.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Anybody notice Stan Van Gundy said that they should foul out at 7 and not 6 fouls

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Dude, what are u taking about? LeBron (which I'm not a fan of) played his ass off. If not for him, Miami losses by 30+... Blame the Heat loss on Wade and ONLY ON WADE.
    LeBron was LeBron, in that he was a great player for 47 minutes like usual and then gagged at the end of regulation and into OT. No surprise there. He's the best player on the planet by far as long as he isn't asked to hit a game winner.

I agree re: Wade. He was awful.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

I guess in the end you could argue that Boston was the "right play," but talk about taking your foot off the gas for an entire half and then into OT. They backed their way into that win every way possible. Playing anyone else other than a bunch of choke jobs with a coach not ready for prime time and the Celtics' collapse would've been completed last night. Heat were in total attack mode until the last 5 minutes of regulation, then they crawled into the fetal position like always.