mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Spurs +170?? Huh?

I don't proclaim to be some kind of great nba capper, but I have to say this has got to be one of the strangest lines I have ever seen in my life. Spurs undefeated in 20, 2-0 up in the series, well balanced and consistent team, being offered at +170 ML, and +4 1/2 -110??? HUH?? Is there something you guys all know that I don't?? IS THE GAME FIXED???? How he fukk could anyone lay -200 ML on OKC? I'm not saying it isn't possible, but this just seems like a bad bet to me. I don't mean to come across as arrogant or a know it all, I openly admit I don't follow the NBA a whole lot other than playoffs!! I honestly just want a convincing explanation why everyone seems to be absolutely pounding OKC right now?

chabooky386
    its called gambling for a reason
    chabooky386's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7618

I don't understand as well...

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

It's normally the right play to take OKC here but I just know I can't do it when it's against this Spurs team. Seems like it doesn't matter who they're playing or where, they have a good shot at winning the game. They simply find a way.

I'm thinking of chasing the Spurs. I very much doubt they will lose both of these games on the road.

mcfugly

looks like nobody has any logical explanation why OKC will even win this, let alone cover. Just a bunch of bandwagoners all basing their bets on a 'hunch' that spurs undefeated streak has to end at some point. I'm going with spurs+4.5..

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

OKC has a NICE home court advantage..... that place is a madhouse

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe the refs have been paid $$$$$$$$$$$$ to make sure okc get all the calls..maybe san antonios turn to get hammered for fouls..so bookies are sucking as much $$$$ out of the public as they can knowing for well its san antonio versus okc/refs..anyone considered that????????????????

shimeon40

ARE san antonio better than okc/refs??..maybe not.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    OKC has a NICE home court advantage..... that place is a madhouse
    Is their hoop bigger when they are at home?? Is there a magnet in the ball that magically goes in when OKC is at home? Common now, can home court advantage possibly be that big of a factor that a heavy favourite at home suddenly turns into a complete dog on the road?? Really is that all????

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Homecourt advantage in the NBA these days means a lot more than just the crowds. Unless of course, it's against the heat.

Look for the SA big 3 to get into foul trouble...

shimeon40

precisely...you think bookies giving away free money on san antonio..they know something..can't buy a team but u can buy a ref.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
    Maybe the refs have been paid $$$$$$$$$$$$ to make sure okc get all the calls..maybe san antonios turn to get hammered for fouls..so bookies are sucking as much $$$$ out of the public as they can knowing for well its san antonio versus okc/refs..anyone considered that????????????????
    This is kind of what I was thinking, only because I can't think of any other possible reason for this line. Is this common in playoffs? Also, given how much better spurs are, I still don't see OKC winning even if they are getting handed free throws left right and centre..

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

And it is going up!

shimeon40

I think we'd all be surprised how much refs can influence a game..momentum etc..if a ref/refs are working in vegas people will just say home court calls..i'm very sure its okc plus ref/refs vs san antonio..winning streak over i say.Westbrook wont get called so many times this time for fouling san antonios short guy.

mcfugly

precisely...you think bookies giving away free money on san antonio..they know something..can't buy a team but u can buy a ref.
    I don't know that bookies ever try to load money onto a side because they think something is going to happen Don't they just try to balance the volume of bets on both sides based on the betting that has taken place?

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Theres no way the LA Kings win all their road games all the way through the Stanley Cup Finals!

shimeon40

I think they like the odds in their favour mcfugly..they like an edge..like a ref or two.

PurpleJebus
    PurpleJebus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

The fact is, this is a must win for OKC , doesn't mean they will win. So they would be expected to come out harder at home.

Throw in the fact the Spurs are on a 20 game win streak and nobody's ever gone undefeated in the playoffs(due for a loss).

To my knowledge the public was on OKC the first 2 games at San Antonio so of course they'd be on them at home down 2-0.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

The books have not done a very good job with the spurs lines during this streak so anything can happen...on the other hand this is the game for okc if there is one

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    Theres no way the LA Kings win all their road games all the way through the Stanley Cup Finals!
    Lol, thanks for posting that in an NBA thread. BTW that would only be 1 more game, son. Want to put money on it? $100 SU, have a mod hold the funds?

mcfugly

Well I'm just gonna go small on spurs +4.5. If they lose, so be it. I'd make this bet again any day, even if it happens to lose tonight. Will be amusing to watch if it does turn into a 1-sided ref show..doesn't reflect well on the nba

PurpleJebus
    PurpleJebus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Well I'm just gonna go small on spurs +4.5. If they lose, so be it. I'd make this bet again any day, even if it happens to lose tonight. Will be amusing to watch if it does turn into a 1-sided ref show..doesn't reflect well on the nba
    Might as well go small with ml and take your chances that way.

mcfugly

Nah, gonna go with +4.5 and still small. Just seems like if the fix is on, spurs might still at least win with +4.5

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This will be a fun thread to bump later.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It's gonna be a tough game, but I'm sticking with the Spurs. OKC is in a must win on their homecourt, but the Spurs are at the top of their game, 20 game winning streak, and 9-1 against OKC in their last 10 meetings. Spurs won two against OKC this year without Ginobili. I'm not betting against the Spurs until a team can actually prove they can beat them at this point. Betting the Spurs this season has been very profitable, so if they don't win this one game, so be it, Spurs ML for me!

shimeon40

Fair call roadtrip..if you've been betting spurs all year you would have to keep going.

mcfugly

Hard to believe any professional sport can have swings as big as this from one game to the next..bit of a disgrace to be honest, doesn't even look like the spurs are putting in any effor. Tons of hideous giveaways. Still don't understand how everyone could predict this so well? This is why I don't bet on basketball

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This will be a fun thread to bump later.
    Here the bump I promised after OKC won.

shimeon40

mcfugly makes a good point..absolute bullsit the turn around in attitude/effort from san antonio..did they think it was going to be easy playing at okc?..they never showed up...no counter to okc working them out..just a fukked up effort..wouldn't touch rest of series with a 10ft pole..only makes me think san antonio are in no way as good as they think and miami must rate themselves now.

BigDofBA

mcfugly makes a good point..absolute bullsit the turn around in attitude/effort from san antonio..did they think it was going to be easy playing at okc?..they never showed up...no counter to okc working them out..just a fukked up effort..wouldn't touch rest of series with a 10ft pole..only makes me think san antonio are in no way as good as they think and miami must rate themselves now.
    I think the Spurs are a little bit better than the Thunder but the gap isn't as large as people think.

OKC could easily be up 2-1. We let a 9 point 4th quarter lead slip away in game 1. With that said, would have, could have, should have...the Spurs lead by a game.

I really like the adjustments OKC made and think we may have found a few answers. Game 4 will tell a lot more. The Spurs quit after midway through the third.

shimeon40

Take a brave man/fool to back san antonio game 4...i'm not a sadist..i've seen enough...san antonio can win game 4 but i will not care..i don't see even a glimmer of hope for san antonio game 4..would take 5 full frontal labotonmys of san antonios starters to turn it around.