TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So Stern Wanted The Miami Heat To Win The Championship After All?

If San Antonio Sweeps OKC or Wins in 5... (especially on their major winning streak) vegas has no other choice but to favor San Antonio in the Finals against the Heat. If Bosh is still MIA... it's the perfect scenario for Stern and the NBA. I honestly didn't see this coming... but the story is starting to unfold.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Why would stern want the heat to win the title?

Im sure he wants them in the finals for ratings though.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Plus Stern's veto of the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers to begin the year

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

The NBA loves putting the Heat in the finals and watching them lose. Talking about Lebron's failures is a great subject and keeps people interested.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Why would stern want the heat to win the title?

Im sure he wants them in the finals for ratings though.
    Seeing the Spurs win the title with this group just doesn't do it for me. I think the refs give King James all the calls during the finals. I just have a feeling... because he deserves his first title... and it's the perfect scenario to let him earn it (being the dog.) San Antonio is just on fire right now. Just like everyone was on OKC in game 1 and OKC in game 2... the public will be on OKC in game 3... and they will probably just lose 3 straight.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I agree. Spurs will lose. Books know it. Spurs +135 for title before tonight. Heat +125. No way that would be the line unless books knew.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

every year people get buried betting against San Antonio. They are without question the best team in the league, or does the 17 game winning streak not impress anyone?

Yolkix
    Yolkix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I agree. Spurs will lose. Books know it. Spurs +135 for title before tonight. Heat +125. No way that would be the line unless books knew.
    That or it has something to do with the Heat being such a popular team to pick to win over the course of the entire season? The Spurs look amazing right now but I have a strong feeling they lose game 3 in OKC. They are playing amazing team basketball but are going to be relying on some young and inexperinced players to play pivotal roles against Miami if both teams get to the finals. Spurs will be starting with a rookie on James and a player who was cut by the cavs of all teams in Danny Green on Wade. It's not like the Spur's are flawless, they are just playing like it right now. I don't buy into all this fixed bullshit, and if they are fixing anything it's a damn shame to ruin the best sport in the world at it's highest level.

lunchbawks
    NB#

this is the heat team that couldn't handle the toronto raptors, or boston celtics in the regular season

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    every year people get buried betting against San Antonio. They are without question the best team in the league, or does the 17 game winning streak not impress anyone?
    They impress me,

No way the heat will beat them in a 7 game series

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

I thought you said Spurs are gonna win it all in the other thread? Which is it?

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

TheMoneyShot might be right- Stern may want the Heat to win it all because MJ is gone, Kobe is nearing end of his career.... the league is struggling right now

Stern and the NBA are desperate for a storyline/new superstar and need LBJ to step up as the next great legendary player

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    TheMoneyShot might be right- Stern may want the Heat to win it all because MJ is gone, Kobe is nearing end of his career.... the league is struggling right now

Stern and the NBA are desperate for a storyline/new superstar and need LBJ to step up as the next great legendary player
    you could have said that before every spurs championship run, and SA just keeps winning.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Kind of reminds me of the Undefeated Patriots going into the Super Bowl and lose it all in the 4th Q against the Giants. How many hammered the Patriots that year?

Yolkix
    Yolkix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the Undefeated Patriots going into the Super Bowl and lose it all in the 4th Q against the Giants. How many hammered the Patriots that year?
    Super Bowl is just one game though, anything can happen in one game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

The David Stern conspiracy theories. Interesting stuff.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

I think that if the fix is in for a miami championship, wouldn't it have happened last year? That team was so hyped up and everyone just ASSUMED that the rings would be theirs. The league probably makes the same amount of money from a miami finals appearance win or lose..

If the NBA does mandate these games, it would take a huge amount of crooked officiating to ensure a miami chamionship over this san antonio team, because it ain't gonna happen. This team is way better than last years mavs, and the heat are weaker this year. Honestly, if the spurs swept OKC i wouldn't be that surprised.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

But will refs try to push for a game 7 though ?? thats the question. becuz win / lose will not affect ratings... just appearance.

spurs should win 4-1 maybe.... but will they push for a 7 game series ???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James going to need more than just calls to win 4 games

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    I think that if the fix is in for a miami championship, wouldn't it have happened last year? That team was so hyped up and everyone just ASSUMED that the rings would be theirs. The league probably makes the same amount of money from a miami finals appearance win or lose..

If the NBA does mandate these games, it would take a huge amount of crooked officiating to ensure a miami chamionship over this san antonio team, because it ain't gonna happen. This team is way better than last years mavs, and the heat are weaker this year. Honestly, if the spurs swept OKC i wouldn't be that surprised.
    did u see the technicals the celts got hit with monday? granted it didnt really have a huge impact on the game....and if u look at the final numbers( like ft attempted, fouls called on each team) it was pretty even......but still...those techs were all pretty absurd........celts just not athletic enough at this point...losing guys like bradley, green, and wilcox just too much to overcome....miami had offensive rebounds just bouncing right back to them....celts cant rebound against an athletically superior team.....and they shot fts like absolute shit monday

the league didnt have to assure a miami fix last year for them to make this miam team legendary.....they got to the finals in their first year and got slayed.....it actually makes the story slightly more intriguing that they are still after their first title together

nj1035
    Update your status

Keep betting against the Spurs. I love getting them at + odds.

Just FYI - it's taken the Spurs 49 games to lose 4 times with Tony Parker in the game. Yet you think they'll lose 4 in 7 against the Heat. Good luck.

nj1035
    Update your status

If you think anyone but the Spurs wins the Finals, just give up. Seriously. Just stop betting the NBA.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

you dont think that had something to do with the heat being much bigger favorites this round then the spurs before last night?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

money, you should write for a soap opera. bosh should be back by the finals. ive played the scenario in my head of san antonio getting sucked into a halfcourt battle against a rugged defense and 2 1v1 type superstars, but its hard to swallow at this point. popovich easily the best coach in the league, wont allow this to become a half court series.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

they way the Spurs are playing right now they would pick apart the Heat. The Heat are identical to OKC as they dont have much ball movement and rely on fast breaks, taking guys off the dribble and getting to the rim. LBJ and Wade are just a bit more explosive than Westbrook and Durant but you can obviously see that type of ball OKC and Miami plays does not fare well against the Spurs.

The difference here is the Heat have much better defense than OKC which will make it a series.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

that line is based on the fact that the spurs have (had) a far great chance of not making the finals than the heat. when you remove that SA would be a clear favorite in the finals.

TheMoneyShot

Trinity - Pop is a very good coach. Not knocking him and I respect him 100%. It boils down to... are you going to listen to the preaching? Spurs are all ears right now... the entire team. What cracks me up is... everyone forgot about their injuries?!?!? Parker had a tweak. Ginobli also had a tweak... where is the pain now??? You mean they have completely healed? Parker was playing off his rocker last night... The guy couldn't miss. Does the Spurs momentum continue in the finals???

OKC is making the Spurs look better than they really are. But I give the Spurs 100% credit... think about it for a second... look at all the teammates coming together and sticking up for each other? All of them. If a shot isn't open... BAM!! Extra pass... and they hit it!!! They just don't miss. I don't know if this is Spurs Perfection or OKC expecting a cake walk???

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Trinity - Pop is a very good coach. Not knocking him and I respect him 100%. It boils down to... are you going to listen to the preaching? Spurs are all ears right now... the entire team. What cracks me up is... everyone forgot about their injuries?!?!? Parker had a tweak. Ginobli also had a tweak... where is the pain now??? You mean they have completely healed? Parker was playing off his rocker last night... The guy couldn't miss. Does the Spurs momentum continue in the finals???

OKC is making the Spurs look better than they really are. But I give the Spurs 100% credit... think about it for a second... look at all the teammates coming together and sticking up for each other? All of them. If a shot isn't open... BAM!! Extra pass... and they hit it!!! They just don't miss. I don't know if this is Spurs Perfection or OKC expecting a cake walk???
    If it were OKC just playing bad would the Spurs have won 18 in a row before OKC?

Think about it. Thunder were 8-1 in the playoffs coming in to the series. Beating last 2 NBA Champs in CONVINCING fashion. Now all of a sudden they're playing badly?

Or maybe the Spurs ARE JUST THAT GOOD.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    If it were OKC just playing bad would the Spurs have won 18 in a row before OKC?

Think about it. Thunder were 8-1 in the playoffs coming in to the series. Beating last 2 NBA Champs in CONVINCING fashion. Now all of a sudden they're playing badly?

Or maybe the Spurs ARE JUST THAT GOOD.
    most people said the lakers should have been up 3-1 in the last series, so it wasnt that convincing. i gave them credit for being able to win tight games against good teams personally.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

okc had their chance in game 1 and blew it. spurs put on a clinic of ball movement and team basketball last night that cant be matched by any team in the NBA right now. brooks has been outcoached to this point (not a suprise) BADLY (kinda a surprise, to me at least). up to this point at least, its been a little bit of both, game 3 is gonna be telling, game 4 will be more telling if the series is 2-1.

TheMoneyShot

Not trying to change the topic of this thread... but does the Spurs Energy die down a little in Games 3 & 4? Or is it too early to tell? I think all it takes is one bad San Antonio game... and when that momentum shifts... sometimes the wheels come off also...

There's no question that OKC has to show who's boss in Game 3. If they don't come ready to play... it's over.

Dclan86
    Dclan86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Stern has absolutely nothing to do with who ends up winning and going to the finals. The worst thing Stern could possibly do, to have control over those games, is to ask the refs to call in favor one way, and still in most cases the team that is playing harder will still prevail. There is only 1 game in the history of the NBA that was questionable about being controlled by refs and everyone in their brother knew about it the next day. Stern doesn't play puppet master with the NBA. Bet on the smart pick, not on what David Stern wants.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Yes I have been saying this all year. And now it is unfolding. Heat win it all. I hope their is game 7 so i can unload on HEAT.

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Looking at the way the refs were performing in game 2 at miami against boston, it is pretty logical to say that the heat has the refs behind them. even though, let it be okc or spurs, they will get it from the heat, my bet is if okc comes to the final it is 4-3, if spurs comes to the final its 4-1...Lebran is doomed to loose

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

heat dont have a chance in hell

12 Last