t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

It's time for Durant to hit the weight room

Been saying this for 2 years but now more than ever it is time for KD to beef up a bit.

Oklahoma City cannot afford for this guy to be completely taken out of games like he has been tonight. He was arguably the MVP of the league all regular season but he will continue to disappear for important stages of the game in the playoffs as long as he stays this weak.

Durant getting forced out beyond the 3 point line to get the ball is a joke. I'm not saying he needs to get huge but he needs to at the very least be able to establish himself in the post. The Thunder will never win as long as he gets pushed out 25 feet and farther from the rim to get the ball.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He probably can not. High metabolism, and as tall as a skyscaper. Usually guys are Shaqs size or Durants.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    He probably can not. High metabolism, and as tall as a skyscaper. Usually guys are Shaqs size or Durants.
    Ok so at the very worst if he can't get bigger, then brooks needs to design some plays to get him the ball closer to the rim.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The dude is 23 and still has acne. Give him a bit of break here. While I agree he needs to get stronger, he is still one of the top 5 players in the league.

He isn't the reason we're getting our ass kicked.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

OKC was one of the worst teams in terms of assists during th regular season. Their problem is they only can do two things on offense, either one of their "Big 3" go isolation or shoot jumpers. It works b/c OKC's "Big 3" players are top 5 @ their positions, but the Spurs have countered it w/ excellent defense strategy. OKC coaching is showing a lack of experience.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Thunder gm 3 HUGE

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I said it a few months ago that OKC was too much of a jump shooting team and can't get to the rim. Their problem is that they don't have a quality big that can hit a jump shot. SA is packing in the lane and not allowing Durant or Westbrook anything inside. The one thing they tried was to go small with an extra shooter but the Spurs took advantage of that as well.

OKC get's a lot of points off of turnovers and fast breaks. Spurs are too skilled to turn the ball over which doesn't allow many fast breaks. That's the only way the Thunder has a chance is to go small and force turnovers and get up the court before SA get's back on defense. OKC's half court offense is dreadful. Too many individual guys trying to force their own plays.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

KD benching 315. Pretty sure its a joke, two dudes off camera helping him lift.

Tough to tell a 3 time scoring champ to hit the weight room.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Thunder gm 3 HUGE
    Books won't make OKC -4 will they? If they do, you know what to do. If OKC is -2/2.5, then not so sure.

BigDofBA

LOL. KD doesn't bench 315.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I remember when he was at the pre-draft workouts and he couldn't bench 125 lbs.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I remember when he was at the pre-draft workouts and he couldn't bench 125 lbs.
    that's a joke. I bench 150.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    that's a joke. I bench 150.
    If I remember right, I think Nate Robinson can bench 300 lbs.

t-wizzle

He couldn't do 185. I guess for a skinny 19 year old with long-arms that's not that unusual but he is an nba player. It's time to pack on a little muscle just for the sole purpose of not getting pushed around.

BigDofBA

Durant used to bench like 135.

I can bench 3x as much as Durant.

lol

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Yeah...remember them saying that texas bball didnt have a weights program when he was there...if they wanted to lift, they did it on their own time.

Durants still young and can bulk up...not everyone is on hgh since hs like lebalding james

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

coming out of college he max'd 145 lbs, I know hes hit the gym hard tho.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=coop;14899460

KD benching 315. Pretty sure its a joke, two dudes off camera helping him lift.

Tough to tell a 3 time scoring champ to hit the weight room.[/QUOTE]

is this a joke? his arms were quivering from 1 rep ..................
    the dude couldnt wait to get off the camera, prolly went to ice himself down from his rigorous weight lifting regimen

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Durant at the workouts for the NBA Draft could not bench 135. That is a bar and a 45lb plate on each side. He probably can do about 165-185 now. Still pathetic. You have to have strength to be a great player in this league, you don't have to have Igoudala's arms, but you have to be able to withstand contact and deliever with and-ones

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If Durant was in a Spurs uni 30 years ago he would be named Gervin. All scoring no defense.

t-wizzle

Guy will continue to be taken out of games as long as he is this soft.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Guy will continue to be taken out of games as long as he is this soft.

He was the only guy that could make a shot on OKC's team tonight so he got the attention of the entire defense. He still scored 36 for getting taken out of the game.

This game wasn't Durant's fault. Kevin Martin was like 0-10.

Speedy88

The real tragedy is Kevin Martin. I think most people expected he would step up big and be a 20pt scorer once Westbrook went down. This guy was benched for Derek Fisher in the 4th quarter

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    He was the only guy that could make a shot on OKC's team tonight so he got the attention of the entire defense. He still scored 36 for getting taken out of the game.

Martin stinks but Durant let himself get taken out of this game.

Everyone is so obsessed with this guy - he is who I thought he was.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    The real tragedy is Kevin Martin. I think most people expected he would step up big and be a 20pt scorer once Westbrook went down. This guy was benched for Derek Fisher in the 4th quarter
    Durant's getting criticism for being taken out of a game in which he scored 36 points. When he is getting double and triple teamed, other players have to make wide open shots.

BigDofBA

Martin stinks but Durant let himself get taken out of this game.

Everyone is so obsessed with this guy - he is who I thought he was.
    Yet you backed him tonight?

Durant is the second best player in the league. If you disagree its cool. That's your opinion. It's a 3-2 series and OKC still has homecourt.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Yeah I thought Durant did everything he could and should have done. He put up 36 and created COUNTLESS plays for his team mates getting them open shots, particularly Martin. He can't do shit if they're not knocking down wide open shots. This was easily supposed to be a 15 assist game for him.

Speedy88

Durant's getting criticism for being taken out of a game in which he scored 36 points. When he is getting double and triple teamed, other players have to make wide open shots.
    I don't have too much of a problem with Durant. He is only one guy. Same thing as Cp3 yesterday. Even if OKC does win this series, Durant is going to be near dead by the time he faces LAC/MEM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Yeah I thought Durant did everything he could and should have done. He put up 36 and created COUNTLESS plays for his team mates getting them open shots, particularly Martin. He can't do shit if they're not knocking down wide open shots. This was easily supposed to be a 15 assist game for him.
    I just don't understand how you get taken out of a game when you score damn near 40 points. It was more a case of Houston not really paying attention to anyone but Durant in the 4th quarter because they didn't need to. Also, Durant was probably tired as hell from carrying the team for three quarters.

No one else could make a shot so they lost.

LOL at all these people that thought Westbrook was a detriment to the team.

t-wizzle

Yet you backed him tonight?

Durant is the second best player in the league. If you disagree its cool. That's your opinion. It's a 3-2 series and OKC still has homecourt.
    BigD loves getting his little jabs in. No BigD I backed the Thunder team.

He's now 1-2 without his sidekick and could easily be 0-3. What did he do when his team needed him most? The lead got down to 6 and he was hiding on the sideline.

t-wizzle

Watch Inside the Nba - Shaq just nailed it. KD is a little baby.

BigDofBA

BigD loves getting his little jabs in. No BigD I backed the Thunder team.

He's now 1-2 without his sidekick and could easily be 0-3. What did he do when his team needed him most? The lead got down to 6 and he was hiding on the sideline.
    Why didn't you bump this thread when Durant hit a game winning three point shot in game three? What about all the other countless games Durant has won? Hell, he took over against the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals last year and he took over game 1 against the Heat.

He has won plenty of games in the clutch. Tonight Houston was just the better team. It happens.

t-wizzle

Why didn't you bump this thread when Durant hit a game winning three point shot in game three? What about all the other countless games Durant has won? Hell, he took over against the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals last year and he took over game 1 against the Heat.

He has won plenty of games in the clutch. Tonight Houston was just the better team. It happens.
    I wasn't sitting on my computer Saturday night sorry. That was a lucky shot anyway. I made a thread about this 2 years ago against Memphis when Tony Allen had him out by the halfcourt line. This is my issue with Durant. He's supposed to be the best player in the league (besides Lebron) and yet he can't get the ball down the stretch of games? You're telling me he can't make a cut, can't go post up, can't shake a defender? Quite frankly, I'd be embarrassed if I were him. It's a joke that he would not be able to get within 25-30 feet of the basket.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Durant experienced the last 3 games what Derrick Rose has experienced his entire career

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Wasn't Harden pretty good against the Spurs?

12 Last