BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Spurs -5.5 backers sure aren't bitching about OKC fouling down 5 with 10 seconds left

Why is it cool that OKC fouls down 5 at the end of the game but it's not cool they take a shot on the following possession?

To all of you morons that think OKC should have given up, then they should have lost by 5 because had they given up, the final score would have been 100-95.

Instead OKC fouls, Paker hits one of two to put the Spurs up 6. Then Harden hits a three. The Spurs should have never covered in the first place.

I love how people can blame it all on one shot. How about Parker leaving Westbrook wide open on the three before that? If OKC misses that, they lose by 8 because they wouldn't have fouled and if they did it would have been a 10 point game.

Why not blame it on the team you were backing for giving up three uncontested three pointers?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

why did they foul down 7 with no timeouts?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

or 6, whatever. don't even remember anymore.

okc backers got lucky and they are not winning this series.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

OKC wins 1-2 games at the most.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    or 6, whatever. don't even remember anymore.

okc backers got lucky and they are not winning this series.
    The Spurs are a better team and have a hall of fame coach. I've been on the Spurs bandwagon since January. I'll bump that thread if I ever find it.

With that said, OKC will win one or two games and the Spurs everything they want.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why is it cool that OKC fouls down 5 at the end of the game but it's not cool they take a shot on the following possession?

To all of you morons that think OKC should have given up, then they should have lost by 5 because had they given up, the final score would have been 100-95.

Instead OKC fouls, Paker hits one of two to put the Spurs up 6. Then Harden hits a three. The Spurs should have never covered in the first place.

I love how people can blame it all on one shot. How about Parker leaving Westbrook wide open on the three before that? If OKC misses that, they lose by 8 because they wouldn't have fouled and if they did it would have been a 10 point game.

Why not blame it on the team you were backing for giving up three uncontested three pointers?
    i wouldn't be so sure about that, teams that are down more than 2 or 3 possessions do have a tendency to foul until coincidentally the 2h total becomes relevant

most recent example is philly/boston yesterday, fouled until coincidentally total of 160 or so was reached and then collins was like OKAY NO MORE FOULS

BigDofBA

I don't think this was "that" a bad beat. Did it suck? Sure. However, I've had way worse.

I had a team -1 for the first half. They were up 2 with the ball holding for the final shot. The shot clock was turned off.

With 3.6 seconds left they "miss" a dunk. The ball squirts right out to the other team's guard. He heaves a 3/4 of the court shot. It goes in.

That my friend is a bad beat.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by pepero428 View Post
    i wouldn't be so sure about that, teams that are down more than 2 or 3 possessions do have a tendency to foul until coincidentally the 2h total becomes relevant

most recent example is philly/boston yesterday, fouled until coincidentally total of 160 or so was reached and then collins was like OKAY NO MORE FOULS
    I'm just pointing out that this wasn't as bad of a beat as some people make it out to be and it's ridiculous that people think OKC shouldn't have shot a three in a two possession game.

If OKC should have given up, then they shouldn't have fouled down by 5. Get my drift? No one mentions that.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs in 6.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Didnt watch game, but wasnt OKC up 9 in fourth, getting +5.5??

Hard to cry bad beat there.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Didnt watch game, but wasnt OKC up 9 in fourth, getting +5.5??

Hard to cry bad beat there.
    Yes and San Antonio never led by more than 7 in the final two minutes. Basically, the cover was a shot away.

Even if Harden dribbles the clock out in a two possession game like morons think he should have, the Spurs only cover by half a point and OKC backers would have gotten screwed seeing as how be only was OkC covering most of the game, they were winning.

Point being, Spurs -5.5 wasn't a great bet.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Neither were great bets. But one won and one didn't.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Flip coin

Swizly
    Swizly's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I don't think this was "that" a bad beat. Did it suck? Sure. However, I've had way worse.

I had a team -1 for the first half. They were up 2 with the ball holding for the final shot. The shot clock was turned off.

With 3.6 seconds left they "miss" a dunk. The ball squirts right out to the other team's guard. He heaves a 3/4 of the court shot. It goes in.

That my friend is a bad beat.
    Ouch.... how much was that bet if you don't mind me asking?