Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game is Over: Now, Bet Thunder Now or Will Spurs Win Again?

Like BigD was saying, OKC backers would have been unlucky to lose the +5.5 when the Thunder were up 9 going into the 4th. I had said I would bet on the Thunder after game 1 if they lost but now the question is whether to bet now or will S.A. win game 2 as well?

Tofudog

Will they? Dont waste your time bitching about the game tonight and think about the next one!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OKC has to feel good.

They were up 9, played a bad quarter, and lost by 3 on the road.

While some teams would be devastated, I feel like OKC is going to come out of this thinking they should have won and are the better team.

I will take OKC + the points next game.

I still like the Spurs in 6 but OKC will win a few.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Spurs win the series. It's obvious.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

i predicted OKC to win game 2. Now since Spurs only won by 3 (thanks to the worthless 3 in the last second) they could come out prepared and beat OKC by 10+. I still say take the spread at whatever OKC is underdog by in game 2 and a small unit on OKC ML

Tofudog

What do you think the series will be after tonight? OKC +260? Im sure the spread will stay the same and Im inclined to take it for the second game. Its hard to tell because obviously spurs fans feel that they played a bad game while thunder fans felt that they outplayed them just to choke a little bit in the 4th (minus the last minute heroics)

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

lets be real...its nba...thats the bullshit of betting it...dont act like you havent seen it before....and dont be shocked when you see it again....

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8418

both teams should come out of this feeling good. Thunder being in control most of the game...and for the spurs, they missed alot of open 3s (especially Green, 5 of his 6 were open 3s he hits most of the time) and they turned it over 13 times only to be down 1 at half...turned it over 3 times in the second half and took control of the game by protecting the ball. I just question Westbrook's mentality most of all as stated in my other thread.

Tofudog

Its so confusing because both teams played badly and its hard to see who actually had the advantage. I mean you could also say that Perkins was in foul trouble the whole game for a few bs calls (when duncan missed a layup) and westbrook missed a bunch of shots he would normally make..

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by Tofudog View Post
    Its so confusing because both teams played badly and its hard to see who actually had the advantage. I mean you could also say that Perkins was in foul trouble the whole game for a few bs calls (when duncan missed a layup) and westbrook missed a bunch of shots he would normally make..
    Can say that about the Spurs too. When's the last time Danny Green goes 0/5 from 3? And all of them wide open?

Tofudog

Yeah thats what Gonz was saying. All I can say is OKC's bench needs to play better.. thats for sure. Nick Collison scraps but Harden needs some help. It looks like SA has his game figured out a little too well.. it is true that harden is one-dimensional when he drives to the basket.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking OKC ML +180 next game. I think the Spurs will steal one in Oklahoma so this is a huge game for the Thunder and they know they can beat the Spurs. Lost concentration in the 4th to the more well organized and coached team. KD game winning 3pter, 112-110.
    Do you really think its worth paying more for the 4.5 pts BigD? I just feel its either a win or they lose by 9 or so

mysterio619
    mysterio619's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm getting OKC +10 for tomorrow, looking tasty

PurpleJebus
    PurpleJebus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Spurs dropped 39pts in the 4th quarter alone

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC has to feel good.

They were up 9, played a bad quarter, and lost by 3 on the road.

While some teams would be devastated, I feel like OKC is going to come out of this thinking they should have won and are the better team.

I will take OKC + the points next game.

I still like the Spurs in 6 but OKC will win a few.
    Oklahoma wins tomorrow. I took the ML

Tofudog

I hope so. I decided to roll with the OKC series since I won nicely last night anyways.. I want to see OKC's role players step up. It sounds stupid but I liked the fact that Nick Collison took the jumper that was almost a 3. It sends a good message.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Spurs will win again. It comes down to experience and execution at the end of games. It can be said that both teams didn't play their best ball at times last night, the difference came in the crucial 4th period, the Spurs focused and executed when they had to and the score made it seem closer than it really was those last couple minutes of the game. Many can say OKC can feel good about keeping close at the end, but they should be concerned. They had 9 blocks, forced 14 1st half TO's, held the Spurs to only 16 3rd period points, Tony and Timmy had relatively quiet nights, that's the kind of game you would hope they would be able to "steal". Unfortunately, for OKC the Spurs are probably the only team in the league that can still win with those kind of stats against them. Even after all that, the Spurs come back in the 4th and drop 39 points in a WCF, experience and execution when it counts.

OKC will win a couple Championships if they can keep their core together, it just won't be this year. I really think they need a consistent low post scorer, doesn't need to elite just a consistent threat. Ibaka is a great defender, but not the threat to score. If they had a low post presence, it frees their great shooters to get open looks. OKC shooters make so many tough outside shots, imagine giving these guys more open looks instead of contested ones, they would crush most teams. OKC has a great future ahead of them, it takes most young teams a couple attempts before they get "over the hump".