ThaBigG
    ThaBigG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time! View Post
    Mine have just been cancelled
    **** sakes so has mine

1Time!
    1Time!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14475

Have just spent 30min waging war with them on their online chat customer service..
    they tried to blow me off but after continuing with my argument he went to find the basketball trader who has apparently "gone home".. They'll get back to me later tonight but i doubt I'll get anywhere!!

Damn argument meant I missed backing my "bet of the day" on the ponies which of course fkn bolted in!!

Not a great day thanks to sportsbet & James Harden!

alister888
    alister888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Mine was just cancelled too...

We are writing to you in regards to a recent bet you have placed on your Sportsbet account.

This correspondence serves as notification that your bet on Boston v Miami has been cancelled due to the wrong lines/odds posted.

Your bet was cancelled due to the following Sportsbet Rules:

29. Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, if Sportsbet publishes, posts or quotes any incorrect betting information for any sporting event, such as posting wrong dividends or lines, then regardless of the cause or source of such error:
    29.1 If an error is identified before, during or after an event, the Member whose bet on that event has been accepted or confirmed by Sportsbet, the bet/s may be void and the Member will be notified.
    29.2 If Sportsbet can demonstrate that the error was manifest or obvious, or that the Member otherwise should reasonably have been aware of the error when the bet was placed, all bets shall be void.

For complete list of our General Rules, please Click Here.
    We apologise for any inconvenience and have placed a $5 free bet into your account.

If you require any assistance further with the above, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team. We are here to help via Live Chat, Email or Phone.

Kind Regards,

Stephen
    Sportsbet.com.au Customer Service

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mine also has now been cancelled.

I am about to wage a live-chat war with them. Chances are I will not get anywhere with this, but it is fun to release consumer frustrations.

My question is, at what point can a line be 'wrong'. They also have said in Alisters above quote that they can cancel a bet after the event if there is deemed to be an error. So in game 1 of OKC/LA series when OKC won by 29 and the line was at -8, can they retract your bet after the event based on the premise of the line turning out to be wrong?

But hey, at least they will give us a $5 free bet. What a joke.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your bet gets cancelled on their error and all you get is a $5 free bet ...I would be fukkin outraged pal

alister888

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    Mine also has now been cancelled.

I am about to wage a live-chat war with them. Chances are I will not get anywhere with this, but it is fun to release consumer frustrations.

My question is, at what point can a line be 'wrong'. They also have said in Alisters above quote that they can cancel a bet after the event if there is deemed to be an error. So in game 1 of OKC/LA series when OKC won by 29 and the line was at -8, can they retract your bet after the event based on the premise of the line turning out to be wrong?

But hey, at least they will give us a $5 free bet. What a joke.
    I just spent 15 minutes on the phone to them and the guy didn't know much about it as the basketball people had apparently gone. He said it was a wrong line and they're covered. The point I raised, was how could it be wrong when the other NBA game (Spurs/OKC) was also available and there are no other current games since its conf finals. I also added, wouldn't they have realised once they got a hit at U/200 and why the f did they then move down (I got my bet on at U/197). Then it further went down to 194.5 I also mentioned that they were the first book to open that I saw so what the error was based on regretably giving shit numbers? They're probably covered to the hills but I'm gonna follow it up at some point tomorrow anyway. Scumbags

alister888

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    Your bet gets cancelled on their error and all you get is a $5 free bet ...I would be fukkin outraged pal
    I placed a $500 wager on and they were smug enough to give me a $5 free bet.. unf******believable

1Time!

As I posted before they are getting back to me after a chat war.. They tried to copy paste that exact thing to me but I told them that that was bullshit.. They opened at 200 & had a chance to adjust it but they adjusted to 194 not 178 or whatever.. They said "it was an inadvertent line posted" - twice?! Lol!!

Also told them I have no right of reply if I stuff up a wager by mistake & "confirm the bet" as they say "it's been accepted"

Will let you know how I go - oh & also told them if I dont get the u200 or u194 I want the right to bet the original line as I missed that due to their "error"

1Time!

They give out free bets all the time..
    i managed to get 1 when they promoted on facebook that they had given a punter a free bet for a "bad loss"..
    i emailed them asking about my horrendous loss when the grizzlies had their meltdown against the clippers & what could they do for me? Couldn't believe it worked! Haha!

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol !! they will cancel it dw.. 200 ? no way !! even if it goes to this match wont go past 190 !
    Take Cs + whatevre boys coz celtics are winning it all this year !

tez32
    tez32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

sportsbet.com.au is an absolute CIRCUS of an organization. I spoke to a complete clown of a manager and got 4 free $10 bets. I only had $100 on it, I feel for those who went large and only have a $5 free bet.

I hope that somehow this game goes over 200 so I can give a nice big **** YOU to sportsbet.

Mocknroll

Battling them now.

They're offering me 2 free bets @ $75 each.

I'm kicking up such a stink. This poor guy I'm chatting with is copping it hard. So unbelievable outraged. I'm not surprised, it's just super frustrating how much the books do not appreciate honouring their mistakes but profit on capitalising on mine.

alister888

Battling them now.

They're offering me 2 free bets @ $75 each.

I'm kicking up such a stink. This poor guy I'm chatting with is copping it hard. So unbelievable outraged. I'm not surprised, it's just super frustrating how much the books do not appreciate honouring their mistakes but profit on capitalising on mine.
    I'm pushing them too.. I reckon they'll be able to offer a bit more than a smug $5 free bet. Also I don't think it was an obvious error due to no other markets available and the last 4 games between these sides have produced totals of 144, 222, 163 and 222

Mocknroll

OK guys, so if you make a big song and dance about it you can get 3x$75 free bets out of them.

I withdrew all of my bankroll while live-chatting with them and told them it was all going to sportingbet.com.au and they quickly changed their tune.

Still a joke of a book. Tried to be the first to release a line in a sport they know nothing about, fukked it up THREE times (200, 197, 194.5) and then cancel all bets. I have lost all faith in this book. They've been great so far with fast withdrawals and live phone-betting, but they should pay for their mistakes. I have to.

1Time!

Still waiting for them to get back to me after the "basketball guy" went home.. Like you guys I'm not taking this lying down! They must be on the phone to Paddy Power thinking wtf have you done to us?!

tez32
    tez32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I got 4 x $10 free bets, however I only had $100 on it. I feel for those who bet large and only have a $5 free bet in their account.

What an absolute CIRCUS of an organization!

Mocknroll

$500 wager got me $225 in free bets. Mind you, they didn't seem helpful until I told them I was taking all of my bankroll elsewhere.

Just use the live-chat and threaten to pull all your funds. If they say they can't do anything get them to speak to their team leader.

I'm looking at this as I put $500 down on a -210 line that couldn't lose. It doesn't feel so bad if you look at it that way.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by ThaBigG View Post
    I still can't believe I got it @ 200! I'll be so pissed off if they cancel it
    why lol it's an VERY obvious mistake...

1Time!

Have been given 3x $80 free bets.. Still fuming.. Should I just settle for that?

1Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    why lol it's an VERY obvious mistake...
    This I could understand if they took it down straight away but they didn't.. They continued to trade at 200, 197 & 194

alister888

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time! View Post
    This I could understand if they took it down straight away but they didn't.. They continued to trade at 200, 197 & 194
    Continue pal..it was an off calculation from their trading floor but palpable? I doubt it, it's not as though it was a misplaced digit (eg O/U 2000)... they were basically the first book to set the total (from Paddy Power) and traded accordingly, with line movements up until other books opened! Palpable as a disguise for some moron on the trading floor thinking this game would be played as a track meet. Whilst they'd obviously want to keep their customers somewhat happy, considering, would they be handing out free bets so consisently (and generously) if they were completely convinced that they're governed by those requirements, namely 29.2 If Sportsbet can demonstrate that the error was manifest or obvious, or that the Member otherwise should reasonably have been aware of the error when the bet was placed, all bets shall be void. Even though sportsbets can be dodgy, they still need to follow the rules and I'd question that.

Anyway, at least you guys have got something back. I'm going to speak to Edward Berry tomorrow at the NT Racing Commission who handles gambling disputes..no harm

Mocknroll

Let me know how you go with taking this further. Like you said, it wasn't like they put in an extra zero for o/u 2000 or put in a decimal for o/u 20.0. That to me would be considered an error. They miscalculated and judged a line that isn't an obviously glaring error. Hell, NBA games go over 200 all the time. That is not the type of error that would constitute obvious.

I hope this game goes over 200 now. That would be an unreal dose of justice.

alister888

Let me know how you go with taking this further. Like you said, it wasn't like they put in an extra zero for o/u 2000 or put in a decimal for o/u 20.0. That to me would be considered an error. They miscalculated and judged a line that isn't an obviously glaring error. Hell, NBA games go over 200 all the time. That is not the type of error that would constitute obvious.

I hope this game goes over 200 now. That would be an unreal dose of justice.
    Will do. I'll be contacting Mr Berry tomorrow at some point in the afternoon to get his email address and document everything to him in writing..Whilst some might think I'm overly optimistic, I'd be very suprised if sportsbet didn't offer me something more than a couple of pissy free bets. These gambling companies try and bully punters by sending out 'rules' behind why the bet was voided and hope a few free bets will appease them, but its all open to interpretation, and thankfully there is a governing body for gambling disputes..Whilst I'm not a lawyer, I'd be very suprised considering all factors previously noted if they weren't somewhat liable. Will be interesting to find out nonetheless. If other people are interested in contacting, let me know and maybe could do multiple emails to pile on pressure

Definitely keeping my funds with bet365 and sportingbet after this ordeal...

That Guy
    That Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

Was on this and given $50 "free bet" as compensation.
    They stated the line change was automatic because "after so much at 200 the computer automatically limited our liability and moved the line to 197, 194 etc..". They said as soon as they realised the line was corrected - pity it took them almost 14hrs!
    Also said that someone bet 15k at 200 - not sure why they told me that?!
    Anyway.. pissed off with Sportsbet who are obviously copping it for Paddys line error in the UK. Understand it's an error by to have it online for over 12hrs and get the bet rejected after 24hrs is a bit poor. WTF were they doing with that line up in the first place?!

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Just spent over an hour on the online chat room. Really comical stuff. I will post tomorrow when I can copy and paste the conversation. Asked why I could not cancel my bet on the voice as the market was obviously wrong when I placed my bet because the guy cannot sing. Also why I could not cancel a bet on a player that became injured to win the rising star award

Basically if we get an advantage they have a problem. If they get an advantage well all is fair

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I placed 550 USD on under 200 and another 80 at 194.5 at paddy power and they haven't cancelled my bets yet, they are still standing but I will live chat them later just to confirm

aussieH
    Update your status

I suspect sportsbet were in for some decent payouts so took the stance they have done. Previous poster stating one punter placed a $15k wager. Sbr punters were probably in for about 8k. S they were reasonably exposed.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    5 Dimes cancels all the time and doesn't even give a free bet. In fact, they often wait until after the game to cancel.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    5 Dimes cancels all the time and doesn't even give a free bet. In fact, they often wait until after the game to cancel.

I have been victim to this on a few occasions, the fckers don't even apologize when you contact them via live chat to complain.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

and they take shots at users by waiting to see if the bet loses

people complaining about only getting a free bet, be glad you play there instead of 5 dimes

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Wish this was available to me, and not the 179.5 i'm now seeing. Although, i do think this will end in the 180's

alister888

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    I placed 550 USD on under 200 and another 80 at 194.5 at paddy power and they haven't cancelled my bets yet, they are still standing but I will live chat them later just to confirm
    You end up getting yours cancelled?

aussieH
    Update your status

Still bitter about this. Did anyone lodge a complaint with the govt body

Mocknroll

Alister and I are going to fire off an email.

I know some people will be of the opinion "why bother. The books can do what they want" but that's precisely the point. The books will do whatever they want if people don't make a stand.

This wasn't a clerical error. This wasn't mistakenly putting an extra 0 for o/u 2000. It wasn't an accidental 3 for o/u 300. It wasn't a decimal for o/u 20.0

This was a book trying to lead the market in a sport they know little about. They received a landslide of wagers on u/200 and tried to even it out by moving the line to 197. They again received a landslide of wagers on the under and for a third time moved the line to 194.5. Then when one-sided money kept rolling in, they have the option to just cancel bets and say "sorry loyal customers. Those last 3 line movements were all errors and we expected you to know better and not try and act on your better judgement by betting them and we will not be honouring your bets."??? I don't mind if people are happy to be bullied by their books and roll over, but I for one am not. The books aren't immune to lapses in judgement and should be made to pay up and honour bets when they make them, just as punters are made to pay for theirs.

Each to their own, but I think their actions justify dusting off the cobwebs on the old thesaurus and taking 15 minutes to write a diplomatic email.

First 123 Last