Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

should i hedge my bulls ml bet for the game

with a bet on boston for half 2?

i also have a bigger bet on bulls +11 (bought 2 points)
    which i think is pretty safe

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

No, let the game play out. When you make a bet you are "gambling" not make a sure fire choice.

Crayzee

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    No, let the game play out. When you make a bet you are "gambling" not make a sure fire choice.
    that makes no sense at all
    its like war between you and the book
    its life and death
    you should try and get any edge you can

i think the bulls second half is a better bet than boston
    but i already have alot invested in the bulls so i still may bet a littlle on bost and that could still have a chance to middle!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

If you want to pay the juice... More than likely the hedge won't count. One of these teams are going to win by 5 or more points. I like Chicago, Rondo may be done in the 2nd half.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    that makes no sense at all
    its like war between you and the book
    its life and death
    you should try and get any edge you can

i think the bulls second half is a better bet than boston
    but i already have alot invested in the bulls so i still may bet a littlle on bost and that could still have a chance to middle!!
    Alright dude. I do reasearch just like the next guy so dont get me wrong. But hedging, and putting more money down on one game lends yourself to losing it all. Why not just make a bet and see if it pans out. Bulls Ml looks pretty good right now anyways. Would you be hedging if the Bulls were down at halftime also?? Looks like you were going to hedge no matter what which isnt a good idea. Let the game play out and we will both cash this biotch!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Alright dude. I do reasearch just like the next guy so dont get me wrong. But hedging, and putting more money down on one game lends yourself to losing it all. Why not just make a bet and see if it pans out. Bulls Ml looks pretty good right now anyways. Would you be hedging if the Bulls were down at halftime also?? Looks like you were going to hedge no matter what which isnt a good idea. Let the game play out and we will both cash this biotch!!!
    How would you lose it all by hedging

You hedge so that you don't lose anything but the juice and you win both sides if they middle. It's not a bad play if theres drastic line shifts. I went ahead and hedged a little as it may hit

Crayzee

i agree with you somewhat

i guess it depends how careful you wanna be and how much you wanna risk losing or can afford to

Mac4Lyfe

Hedging is also useful when your working on some big parlays. Let's say your on a 4, 5 or even 6 teamer. You stand to win let's say $1,000 if your final team hits. Do you let it "play out" and see if it pans out so to speak or do you hedge on the other side and take half the money guaranteed?

Imagine you had a million dollars on it. Hell no would you see if it pans out. hedge like a hedge fund manager.

Mac4Lyfe

The middle is in play here... Ray Allen hits a 3 to win the game. WOW. I think I got the hedge, let me verify.

Mac4Lyfe

HEHE... I middled that muthfuker. Chi +6.5 for the second half save my ass. I only got +6 at another book. Awesome