RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    Say what you will but this opens up their options.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

what a performance by Rondo tonight..... easy trip-double with five steals to boot...

BrandonLaz
    Update your status
    BrandonLaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yeah, but in his prime that dude could ball... he needed someone that could have put him in his place when he was younger. Once a baller, always a baller and I expect him to step up his game in the next few games. He's just playing like he's on a short leash. Doc needs to give him the green light because the C's have to have some other scorers.
    I agree they need some offense from more than just Pierce and Allen he is definitely a guard that can score. He should get the green light whenever he is on the court. However, Rondo is the true PG that needs to control the temp of the game and make sure things do not get out of control in this series. I am very disappointed with the lack of leadership on the defensive end for Pierce though. I knew Garnet was a great leader especially on defense he should not mean this much to his team. I was really wanting a Lakers vs Celtics rematch and without Garnet I do not see that happening.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Lou is a stupid fukk

Rondo has been keeping Boston ALIVE this series and led them to a title last year at the point

Get those rocks out of your head, Crazyl

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Lou, Boston's problem is they don't play Allen enough, right? Tony Allen, that is.

Allen and Marbury need more minutes, not bums like Rondo and Pierce!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

rondo always looks to pass first. certainly their mvp

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant tell if this thread is serious. You really have to be on crack to think the C's are better with Marbury/Pruitt manning the PG spot over Rondo.
    Not to mention Rondo is one of, if not the best defensive PG in the NBA. Rose lit him up but Rose can light anyone up, Chicago is just too dumb to realize he should be attacking every play.

NBA Hero

tony allen playing- correct

marbury to play- no way, unless they want to give up the game or series. rivers and rondo arent that stupid. thats why rondo came back to play at the end of 1st game.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I think the guy was being sarcastic about allen and marbury

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

crazylou how hard is it to admit that you were completely wrong with your rondo bashing ??
    instead you're creating more threads with the same bullshit , don't make a fool of yourself

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    crazylou how hard is it to admit that you were completely wrong with your rondo bashing ??
    instead you're creating more threads with the same bullshit , don't make a fool of yourself
    Is he playing well now, sure.

I just think he's overrated and in an extremely good situation for him. He might not start on some other teams.

NBA Hero

exactly lou.

people shine at a certain situation, given the right opportunity. and this is rondos time, even glen davis.

no more what ifs. like people wondering what if MJ is picked at 2nd. didnt happen so why bother thinking.

enjoy the moment and the master stroke rondo is doing this season.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

another great thing about Rondo is his ability to draw defenses flatfooted..... last night I counted 5 fouls that were called on Bulls PG's gaurding Rondo, that is HUGE that he put Lou's "more talented then Lebron" player D. Rose on the bench for extended minutes, and made the bulls use guys off the bench that have no business in there.

again to suggest the celts would have been better off with Rondo NOT on the court is ridiculous, and makes me wonder if Lou has ever participated in a real basketball game over the after the age of 12.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    another great thing about Rondo is his ability to draw defenses flatfooted..... last night I counted 5 fouls that were called on Bulls PG's gaurding Rondo, that is HUGE that he put Lou's "more talented then Lebron" player D. Rose on the bench for extended minutes, and made the bulls use guys off the bench that have no business in there.

again to suggest the celts would have been better off with Rondo NOT on the court is ridiculous, and makes me wonder if Lou has ever participated in a real basketball game over the after the age of 12.
    Those ticky tacky fouls against Rose were just part of NBA playoff officiating for the home team. If they didn't sideline Rose early the game might have gotten out of control.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

interesting theory lou, considering the bulls had double the free throws in the first half, if I remember correctly

SBR Lou

interesting theory lou, considering the bulls had double the free throws in the first half, if I remember correctly
    That's immaterial, refs can sideline the star player and let the scrubs go to the stripe. We'll see how it plays out back in the Windy City. Plus the C's don't go to the line too often being such a shoot-first kind of team.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

CrazyLou you are one of my favorite mods here. The only thing I can't understand about you is this infatuation with Rondo bashing. He had a triple double last night in the playoffs. He also had 5 steals.

Offensive liability? You haven't seen how he breaks down every defense he plays against and gets to the rim to make an unmakeable layup or draw the foul?

If he is an offensive liability how do you explain that he was in the top 5 of all guards in the NBA this year in FG%? How does he hit so many clutch shots?

And defense is half of the game. Guys go to the hall of fame that were primarily defensive players. Rondo is a top 5 defensive guard.

He has been the best player on the Celtics team so far in this series. And he outplayed Derrick Rose badly last night.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

these days, Celts would be in big trouble without him

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

LOL, funny bump, Arch. I remembered this thread!

Rondo was already a great player when Lou posted this, so I never did know what the fukk he was talking about... but he's now reached another level, as everyone can see -- he is a stone-cold stud now. The total package.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

another triple double vs the Bulls for Rondo

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

ya good news for celtics fans

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

another triple double vs the Bulls for Rondo
    He didnt have Rose covering him ... not the same

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

That CrazyLou guy wasn't very sharp.

What happened to him?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Playoffs are very complicated already this year....

Rondo, Rose......

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Playoffs are very complicated already this year....

Rondo, Rose......
    NBA assigns Marc Davis for Game 1 to get exactly what happened to happen.

First 12