Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Spurs are -5 on game 1

The long layoff is better for the Spurs since Pop will coach circles around Scott Brooks.

Anyone else liking this?

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Yup, liking it. But we may be a little biased here what with the Spurs futures and all.

wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

I already put in a bet in on the -5, I think it might start to raise to -6 before tip off

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Honestly, I can see anything from a DD blowout for OKC to them winning outright on the road. Spurs have def. been the best team thus far, however, we just haven't seen them being contested at all yet. So they may not be AS good as the past 8 games and the end of reg. season would suggest. And OKC's defense has certainly picked up big time this postseason, so expect them to give some trouble to the Spurs.

First game should give a very good idea of how this series may play out...and make the bets easier.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

Over getting pounded, Pinny opened 201 -105 at 10:23am and its already 203.5 -106

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Spurs probably the only team left that would be able to handle Miami in a 7 game series if Bosh is not healthy (but with the long layoff I think he will be). OKC will get nervous in the finals and the Thunder won't be able to win more than 2 games against the Heat with Durant having to settle for outside jumpers the entire game with the best defender in the game pushing him back to the perimeter.

I never thought the Spurs would be able to stay healthy for a condensed season like this and I naively eliminated them from contention from the beginning. Everyone was laughing when I said Miami and Boston are the two best teams in the East even when Boston was like 3-4 games below .500. Chi would not beat the celtics even with a healthy Rose.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I really like the Spurs Paul. I don't think many people realize exactly how good the Spurs are. Definitely looks like a Spurs line as well, already up to -5.5.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Spurs probably the only team left that would be able to handle Miami in a 7 game series if Bosh is not healthy (but with the long layoff I think he will be). OKC will get nervous in the finals and the Thunder won't be able to win more than 2 games against the Heat with Durant having to settle for outside jumpers the entire game with the best defender in the game pushing him back to the perimeter.

I never thought the Spurs would be able to stay healthy for a condensed season like this and I naively eliminated them from contention from the beginning. Everyone was laughing when I said Miami and Boston are the two best teams in the East even when Boston was like 3-4 games below .500. Chi would not beat the celtics even with a healthy Rose.
    So ur saying a healthy OKC team wouldn't beat Miami in the finals if they were without Bosh??? The same Miami team that's BARELY gonna beat Indiana Pacers, or maybe lose to them, would beat OKC 4-2?? wow...

Goat Milk

Durant is gonna get his. He's going to be guarded by Leonard and Jackson in this series.

Parker will not guard westbrook the whole time. Pop will put Danny Green in as the series progresses to try and slow Westbrook down.

Also the key matchup is Ginobli and Harden. Both these guys will guard each other for sure and the two best lefties in basketball. That matchup is going to determine the winner of this series in my opinion

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

what a great series this is gonna be me thinks

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    So ur saying a healthy OKC team wouldn't beat Miami in the finals if they were without Bosh??? The same Miami team that's BARELY gonna beat Indiana Pacers, or maybe lose to them, would beat OKC 4-2?? wow...
    The NBA finals are not just about matchups. The mental pressure will be overwhelming for Westbrook Harden and Ibaka. These guys will get very nervous, trust me. They are all 22 years old. Miami is one of the oldest teams in the league with two superstars that have each been to the finals twice now. You think Westbrook is just going to unleash in the finals? He's gonna jittery for the first two games....these guys have only dreamed of this moment and it's obvious that Durant is the only one on the team with a killer instinct.

That celebration by Westbrook against the Lakers on the and1 tells you all you need to know about the Thunder's second best player. He is not mentally stable and is too caught up in the high's and low's of the game to win a championship right now. And with the best defender in basketball limiting Durant to 23ish, the Thunder won't be able to get enough points in the paint to win a series like that. You'll see. The Heat's weakness is defending ball movement and the Thunder are one of the worst in the league in that area. You're not going to beat Lebron off the dribble consistantly like Durant has been doing in the playoffs. This is a guy that is much stronger and faster than Durant, and will force him to take jumpers the entire game. And with the other guys getting over their nerves, Miami will punch them in the mouth right from the beginning, even WITHOUT bosh.

Now the Spurs....well that's a different story. YOu can bet they won't get rattled in a finals series. A finals series in not like a western conference finals. There is no comparison. The pressure is much greater. You can't be celebrating on an and1 like that and then tell me that this guy (who is the second best player on the team) is going to win an NBA title this year.....he is far too emotional.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 05-22-12 at 06:37 PM.

Goat Milk

Look at the crazy and1's wade has had in this pacers game. Guy doesn't even crack a smile. That's why he's been to the finals twice and won a ring. Westbrook takes out his 3 guns everytime he hits a 3 and then pounds his chest everytime on an acrobatic and1. You can't win a ring when your pg's emotions are out of control like that.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Goat return to your Pacers/Heat thread and admit you were wrong.

show me the $
    Update your status
    show me the $'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

all i know is NEVER BET AGAINST THE SPURS! if youre thinking about it, DONT DO IT.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I love the Spurs here, Coach Pop and the boys mean business and they're gonna get it done.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I like the Spurs at -5 for game one, and I like the Spurs in 6 to win the series. Should be a fun series to watch. The Spurs roll players are so underrated.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Goat return to your Pacers/Heat thread and admit you were wrong.
    Wrong? I called everything exactly as it went down, saying pacers would win only 1 more game, If that. I said Wade and Lebron would dominate this series because of the spacing off the pick and roll that West and Hibbert were giving them, 7 foot spacing for open floaters, and what do you know, that's exactly what's been happening the last 3 games.

Please bump that thread so you can show everyone how spot on that analysis is, and Barkley and Shaq will just be noticing now what I noticed 3 games ago...

By the way, the Pacers are done...

t-wizzle

Wrong? I called everything exactly as it went down, saying pacers would win only 1 more game, If that. I said Wade and Lebron would dominate this series because of the spacing off the pick and roll that West and Hibbert were giving them, 7 foot spacing for open floaters, and what do you know, that's exactly what's been happening the last 3 games.

Please bump that thread so you can show everyone how spot on that analysis is, and Barkley and Shaq will just be noticing now what I noticed 3 games ago...

Right but your thread title was that they wouldn't win another game. Indiana blew the last game and this series when they decided to act cocky and launch 3s. Pacers could have been up by 20 in that first quarter on Sunday but the squandered it and left points on the table and let Miami hang around. We all know what happened.

Goat Milk

T wiz you are mistaken. The thread title was "If you think Pacers will win the series (tied 1-1) you are delusional. I went on to say Pacers would win 1 more game max in the series....

You read wrong.

t-wizzle

T wiz you are mistaken. The thread title was "If you think Pacers will win the series (tied 1-1) you are delusional. I went on to say Pacers would win 1 more game max in the series....

You read wrong.
    So be it. I called Miami to win Game 4 live in game when they were down big early. Took them for 5x at +150 so it's not like I am surprised by what has happened here either. It was clear last game even early that the Heat were getting good looks, especially inside, and it was only a matter of time before they got going.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think the Spurs will win this series but if OKC gets by the Spurs, I think they would beat the Heat,

You really think OKC would get nervous? LOL. That's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure we have been clutch in crunch time against Dallas and LA. Last time I checked, those are the two teams that won the last two titles.

Likewise, Durant has hit more game winning shots in the past three weeks than Lebron has hit in his entire life. If anything, all the pressure would be on Miami and OKC would pumped and ready to play. We're young. No fear.

Also, we beat the hell out of the Heat this year. I feel like we match up well with them. The Heat don't have any inside presence. I am not scared of Miami. The Spurs will present way more problems for us.

Bottom line, Durant is more clutch than Lebron. Westbrook is more explosive than Wade. Harden is better than any third option the Heat have. Ibaka and Perkins are stronger inside than anything the Heat have. Basically I think OKC is better overall team. When Lebron and Wade don't combine fo like 70 points the Heat lose.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-22-12 at 11:03 PM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

okc can mix it up inside and out. I like points with thunder

Pauulzcappin

Goat why do you continue to underestimate all the teams with the exception of the Heat. If Heat and Spurs get there I'll give you a write-up as to why Spurs will win the series.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Goat why do you continue to underestimate all the teams with the exception of the Heat. If Heat and Spurs get there I'll give you a write-up as to why Spurs will win the series.
    I really think the winner of the West will win it all.

I don't think two players can win you a championship. It's not like the Heat have Kobe and Shaq. They have two guys that are basically the same player. The Spurs and Thunder have multiple guys that can play and they have deeper benches.

When Lebron and Wade have to guard guys like Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Parker, Duncan, Ginobli, etc., it takes away from their offense. Lebron already has pressure on himself. He won't be able to do it by himself. Likewise, Wade isn't quite the player he was although he is still good.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Will this series be a shoot out?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Will this series be a shoot out?
    LOL. I don't see how every game doesn't go over 200. Parker will dice us up and the Spurs like to run. So do we. It should be entertaining at the very least.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    LOL. I don't see how every game doesn't go over 200. Parker will dice us up and the Spurs like to run. So do we. It should be entertaining at the very least.
    I don't usually bet totals but I like the over.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

There's not one team still alive in the East that could win a 7 game series against either SA or OKC. The WCF is basically the Finals this year, it will be THE series of this year's post season. All the East teams are banged up and too many holes in their respective teams, both West teams are healthy and playing their best basketball of the year and either would be too much for any of the East teams to handle. The only East team that might have had a chance was the Bulls, but injuries killed that possibility.

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over is square under hits, maybe hit some overs in okc home games