Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laker shakeup

Big changes will come, BUSS won't put up with this long. Gasol is gone! a trade for a top pick, and Howard will become a Laker, and one other big trade. Bynum is gone to.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe actually is the problem

Ball hogging does not work

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Pharieswheel View Post
    Big changes will come, BUSS won't put up with this long. Gasol is gone! a trade for a top pick, and Howard will become a Laker, and one other big trade. Bynum is gone to.
    LOL this is what everyone expects, and maybe what happens, but you still have an old broken down Kobe Bryant, a guy with back problems in Howard. And back problems are something that KILLS NBA players, especially big guys, so anyone trading for Howard now would be foolish.

Lakers dont have a lot of options here. You arent going to get 'equal' value (in a vacuum) for either Gasol or Bynum, both are all stars, or should have been. The common denominator to all the problems like i said was kobe. So people can talk all they want to about what is 'wrong' with the Lakers but until one of them gives the obvious answer none of them should be giving advice.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i think dealing kobe is the answer 2. bynum still a young player and a rare good big man. dwight howard might not be the same like wantit said, kobe has a ton of miles on him, i dont see him being dealt though.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

anyone who says trading kobe is the answer is an idiot.

they need to get rid of gasol, mcroberts, murphy.... all useless. and pursue deron williams cause sessions isnt the answer and kris humphries (double-double machine; said they needed to sign him last year).

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

sessions isnt the answer lol no fuckin kidding, thanks for that one captain obvious.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

more obvious than trading kobe? their only draw and the only reason theyre a championship contender each season?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kobe actually is the problem

Ball hogging does not work
    Jordon?

Lakers 2008-09?
    Lakers 2009-10?

Run along coach. Find another topic pal.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'd keep Gasol. You're not going to get much for him, maybe a 2nd round pick or a trade to the Spurs for Blair something like that. First player I would deal is Sessions. They need a dynamic point guard. That's the huge glaring weakness of the lakers.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

The guy who Buss brought in to coach is a joke. Has no clue or else they won't listen to him. When he was at Cleveland he wasn't really a coach. Lebron was the coach. With currrent roster, they need another outside shooter and a coach who knows how to run a high post/low post offense. You put Gasol on the top of the key and Bynum down low and everybody will get plenty of quality looks.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Pharies........Bynum is only gone in a deal for Howard. Otherwise...........he stays. Gasol will not be traded for some 19 year old rookie........not with Kobe only having a few more years to get number six.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    more obvious than trading kobe? their only draw and the only reason theyre a championship contender each season?

you guys dont realize hes going to be 34 years old and starting his 17th nba season next year? throw in all the playoff games and its more like 22 or 23 years of play. jordan won his last title at 35 after 3 years of college and a 2 year sabbatical.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Pharies........Bynum is only gone in a deal for Howard. Otherwise...........he stays. Gasol will not be traded for some 19 year old rookie........not with Kobe only having a few more years to get number six.
    agree with bynum only gone for howard, but you really want him coming off back surgery?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Urkel is likely going to get shit canned and Buss Jr may have to bite the bullet and ask Phil to come back. If you can deal Gasol for something decent, you do so. Have to see a list of all free agents and what guys are likely to be shopped to make a better assessment. KG is going to be a FA and as awful as it sounds hearing him in LA, he would be perfect to pair with Bynum to get the kid playing consistent. May I add fukk LA.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

lol urkel thats good. that is who he reminds me of. he was a bad hire, i dont blame him for losing to oklahoma city though, and i dont see him being fired. i think magic was right about him having to beat denver to keep his job, that was more just cause in my book. phil jackson will be retired unless he has a team that can win a title, as of right now, lakers cant.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

not a buckin chance Phil Jackson comes back to coach the Lakers.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    you guys dont realize hes going to be 34 years old and starting his 17th nba season next year? throw in all the playoff games and its more like 22 or 23 years of play. jordan won his last title at 35 after 3 years of college and a 2 year sabbatical.
    we heard the same thing before the 2008-9 season..... how exhausted he must be after the grueling playoffs and the olympics... except he went on to win back to back titles.

kobe is simply the best conditioned athlete on the floor at all times. this season was no different as he led the nba in scoring nearly wire to wire. still had a shot to win the scoring title in the final game but sat out to prepare for the playoffs. talk about selfish huh?

kobe has shown 0 signs of slowing down. so age is just a number when it comes to him. but i do think he should skip the olympics this year, just so he can have surgeries on his numerous injuries on his shooting hand/wrist which does affect his shots, no matter how much he denies it.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

If the Lakers plan on building a team around Bynum, they're in for a world of hurt. The guy is good, but doesn't have the makeup to be a team leader.

We'll see how much pull Kobe actually has in L.A. from what happens this off-season. He'll demand something (and rightfully so) be changed .. be it the coach, getting a point guard, or having Gasol traded. But things are going be a different in the 2013-2014 season when the new luxury tax kicks in, and you know damn well Buss and his crew have already thought about that.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

we heard the same thing before the 2008-9 season..... how exhausted he must be after the grueling playoffs and the olympics... except he went on to win back to back titles.

kobe is simply the best conditioned athlete on the floor at all times. this season was no different as he led the nba in scoring nearly wire to wire. still had a shot to win the scoring title in the final game but sat out to prepare for the playoffs. talk about selfish huh?

kobe has shown 0 signs of slowing down. so age is just a number when it comes to him. but i do think he should skip the olympics this year, just so he can have surgeries on his numerous injuries on his shooting hand/wrist which does affect his shots, no matter how much he denies it.
    ya when he was 30 years old, do you think people age backwards like benjamin button?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

"dealing kobe is the answer"... He is untradable so that is obviously NOT the answer. And I'd be a ball hog too if I was surrounded by all those scrubs.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

agree about bynum. the guy is obviously talented but is an immature lazy prick most of the time.

this is the same guy who after tearing his knee ligament was photographed at the playboy mansion giving playmates rides on his shoulder.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/fo...ansion-workout

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    If the Lakers plan on building a team around Bynum, they're in for a world of hurt. The guy is good, but doesn't have the makeup to be a team leader.

We'll see how much pull Kobe actually has in L.A. from what happens this off-season. He'll demand something (and rightfully so) be changed .. be it the coach, getting a point guard, or having Gasol traded. But things are going be a different in the 2013-2014 season when the new luxury tax kicks in, and you know damn well Buss and his crew have already thought about that.
    he wasnt even consulted on coach urkel so he says. personally your best player should be your assistant gm, especially if the real gm is a fool. i dont like the lakers, but i think the nba is better when they are relevant. i think everyone here would agree that point guard and coach are big holes for this team. i still dont think option 3 is that bad of dealing kobe and starting over, give him a chance to get his 6th ring elsewhere, i dont see that happening though, theyll try and build the team around him until he retires.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

ya when he was 30 years old, do you think people age backwards like benjamin button?
    whats the difference? hes won more championships in his 30s than 24-29.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bynum was a huge disappointment
    Gasol also

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

he wasnt even consulted on coach urkel so he says.
    That says a lot.

Is Kobe going to end up like Jordan where he has no affiliation with the team he won multiple championships with, once he retires?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

crusty are you projecting kobe as the mvp in 2020?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

kobes a laker for life.

he wont be a backstabbing turncoat like jordan.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only big move I see coming from the Lake Show is that Gasol is gone.

Bynum ain't going nowhere and Kobe definitely ain't going nowhere.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

I do see where possibly trading Kobe, in the long run, might help the team. But the NBA, and more so the owners, are about making money. Kobe is a money maker, even if he and the Lakers are a first or second round loser in the playoffs.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    That says a lot.

Is Kobe going to end up like Jordan where he has no affiliation with the team he won multiple championships with, once he retires?
    ah i duno, i do think he earned a hand picked coach. i thought he was selfish when he bitched for a trade a few years back, if he did now, i dont blame him.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I would hate to be the GM of the Lakers right now. I can assure you... Kobe isn't going anywhere. They will still build around him. I think he has one more "starting" year in him... but the remaining years... he might be your 6th man from the bench. Either that or he retires. What sucks is that Any average to above average star can guard Kobe. Years ago... Kobe was unguardable. He's still going to get looks.
    i think Gasol is traded. He really sucked in the playoffs. I think he's still thinking about that one broad from last year... his game absolutely sucks. Bynam is solid. His best year will be next year. I think he's ready. You need Kobe just to be Kobe... but you do need a young guard that can semi-lead.... Funny though... James Harden would be a good fit for the L.A. Lakers... just saying.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

kobes a laker for life.

he wont be a backstabbing turncoat like jordan.
    this isnt war, its business. how could a laker fan think less of him if he wanted out now? he gave the organization all he could for 16 years. i think he loves la and the lakers, but he also loves winning more then anything.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you have no idea what's going on with the lakers. jerry buss is no long is in charge. his son's in charge and he's gonna ruin the lakers.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

this isnt war, its business. how could a laker fan think less of him if he wanted out now? he gave the organization all he could for 16 years. i think he loves la and the lakers, but he also loves winning more then anything.
    he had a chance to pull a lebron few years back and didnt. he stuck with the lakers through his most challenging seasons without phil, shaq and with smush & kwame.

he has already said he wouldnt chase rings like a certain choking bitch from cleveland. sure he would like another ring or two but if its not with the lakers he wont mind.

kobe will retire a laker.

12 Last