Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Boston Isn't Losing Gm5

Woah crazy prediction. Should be a DD win, so -5.5 is a good play, but then -235 is nothing at all to pay in this situation. Boston has had 3 days to think about blowing game 4, 3 days to grasp the importance of this game in what could be their last run.

This is a year Boston "has it", like 08 and 10. Game 3 shows what happens when they focus up. Game 2 in ATL w/o Rondo, down DD in the 4th and won. Major statement games to show the capability of this team. It's another must win situation here, playing at home vs. a Sixers team with little experience that isn't ready for this against such a veteran team that will be more focused than ever.

Since 08 Boston in the playoffs is
    33-9 (79%) SU at home
    23-7 (77%) SU after loss
    16-1 (94%) SU at home after loss
    6-0 (100%) SU at home in game 5
    6-0 (100%) SU at home after losing last home game

-235 implies 70%. I'd honestly say no less than a 90% chance to win
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Sunde91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chopperocker, and ChalkyDog

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Wow great stats and as a Sixers fan I agree with you. Boston takes this one but I don't know if it will be a blow out win.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

good stats man.

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never count out the heart of an individual or team. You saw what happened Friday night. See what the 76ers can cook up tomorrow. So far I've liked the food.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

In all honesty, those stats don't really mean anything. This is a new season, those other Celtics teams since '08 aren't the same team as this one. And this Celtics team isn't as good as the 76ers team they're facing. Philly will go into Boston and win game 5. They have more heart and they want the game more. Those clowns that make up the Celtics roster don't know a damn thing about winning in the postseason. They're also scared of Philly. That's already been proven.

76ers run away with this one late.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    In all honesty, those stats don't really mean anything. This is a new season, those other Celtics teams since '08 aren't the same team as this one. And this Celtics team isn't as good as the 76ers team they're facing. Philly will go into Boston and win game 5. They have more heart and they want the game more. Those clowns that make up the Celtics roster don't know a damn thing about winning in the postseason. They're also scared of Philly. That's already been proven.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Doug Collins >>>>>>> Peekaboo Rivers

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ML is the play

Boston

Petey Wheatstraw

I'l go out on a twig and say the 76ers aren't losing Game 6. So where we at?

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Great Avatar. I don't care about the stats, as most of them are irrevelant, but you never know which Sixers team is going to show up. If this goes down to the last second like the first couple of games did, I don't know how I will be able to stand it.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

It's funny how perception works. When the Sixers play a good game it is just looked at as Philly playing a good game but when Boston plays a good game like game 3, all of a sudden they are back. Here's the bottomline, the Celtics ******* suck and will lose this series unless the Sixers choke it off or the refs jam in in their arse.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I am not expressing an opinion on the game, but those stats are completely meaningless. Scam artist websites like covers, and scam artist touts like Brandon Lang provide numbers like that to make you feel confident, but in reality they are completely irrelevant. There are about 16-20 men who are going to step on the court to play basketball tonight, those matchups are the only things you should consider when determining your bet.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Celts ml

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Doug Collins >>>>>>> Peekaboo Rivers
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    It's funny how perception works. When the Sixers play a good game it is just looked at as Philly playing a good game but when Boston plays a good game like game 3, all of a sudden they are back. Here's the bottomline, the Celtics ******* suck and will lose this series unless the Sixers choke it off or the refs jam in in their arse.
    What the hell did I just read? Surely you guys must be trolling.

The Sixers definitely have a shot tonight, they are young, athletic, and deep, and for those same reasons they have a very real chance at winning the series. That being said, what you guys posted is complete and utter nonsense. C's scared of the Sixers? C's not the better team? Please, let me have some of what you're smoking

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

celtics are rested. how the hell can you back them tonight. easy winner is boston ml, why sweat it out

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

love my C's...i really hope they have enough gas left for a big push....even if its only to get to the finals.....i just dont know if this team has enough depth......id love this team with jeff green and chris wilcox...in fact even just wilcox right now would have me feeling much better...

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    What the hell did I just read? Surely you guys must be trolling.

The Sixers definitely have a shot tonight, they are young, athletic, and deep, and for those same reasons they have a very real chance at winning the series. That being said, what you guys posted is complete and utter nonsense. C's scared of the Sixers? C's not the better team? Please, let me have some of what you're smoking
    I didn't say they were scared, I just think they suck. They played 1 really good game in game 3 and now all of a sudden they are great again. I'm just not buying it. I don't think the Sixers are that good but I do think they are good enough to beat the celtics.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Both bad teams with no offense or rebounding will get smoked by the Pacers in 5 whoever wins.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    I am not expressing an opinion on the game, but those stats are completely meaningless. Scam artist websites like covers, and scam artist touts like Brandon Lang provide numbers like that to make you feel confident, but in reality they are completely irrelevant. There are about 16-20 men who are going to step on the court to play basketball tonight, those matchups are the only things you should consider when determining your bet.
    .. so, it's not about the ref's who are going to step on the court?

BOS ml. zig-zag.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

we already know boston will win, we need no stats, but ok

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

WTF????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????? guys a fukin retard. unreal.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog, and chopperocker

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    we already know boston will win, we need no stats, but ok
    We know it huh? LMsmokeabowlFAO!!!!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    I didn't say they were scared, I just think they suck. They played 1 really good game in game 3 and now all of a sudden they are great again. I'm just not buying it. I don't think the Sixers are that good but I do think they are good enough to beat the celtics.
    Sorry, my post was addressing all 3 posts. My bad.

They certainly look shaky, but Rondo is playing better than ever and KG for the most part is looking like he did 5+ years ago. If Pierce and Allen can get healthy (BIG if), I'd say this team is as good or better than the 08 team.

That being said, their health has always and will always be the concern. I definitely don't expect Philly to back down

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see them losing tonight either. They seem to own this series now. The odds for this game and the series are basically the same though so I took the series and went very large at -225.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston tonight

7-15 point margin

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

baskets will have something to say if the celtics lose, thats a definite lock.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    WTF????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????? guys a fukin retard. unreal.
    That was my exact reaction.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Buttcrust sheddings go a long way when the timbucktwo is in town.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Home court and bounce back are significant, and SU trends show it better than ATS. Boston is only 10-7 ATS at home after a loss, compared to 16-1 SU.

You get all these games like 08 game 5 vs Cavs where Boston was -9 and leading by 11 3 mins left, only won by 7. Did they bounce back? Not by ATS cause of a back door, but in reality they were well in control entire 2nd half. SU is all Boston cares about

Yepyep trolls SU trends mean nothing when 4/5 starters + coach have been the same for 5 seasons. Yep Sixers are the much better team

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Home court and bounce back are significant, and SU trends show it better than ATS. Boston is only 10-7 ATS at home after a loss, compared to 16-1 SU.

You get all these games like 08 game 5 vs Cavs where Boston was -9 and leading by 11 3 mins left, only won by 7. Did they bounce back? Not by ATS cause of a back door, but in reality they were well in control entire 2nd half. SU is all Boston cares about

Yepyep trolls SU trends mean nothing when 4/5 starters + coach have been the same for 5 seasons. Yep Sixers are the much better team
    You chalking right now, 5/21/12 Sunde91 for Game 5.

What insight can you give into Game 6 5/23/12??

You need Game 5 result first before you go to the magical crystal ball statiscal computer kabob???

Now let's see your nuts, stat man.
    Last edited by Petey Wheatstraw; 05-21-12 at 01:25 PM. Reason: emphasis

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i with that su was ats instead.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

This forum is getting harder and harder to read everyday :facepalm:

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

How are the 76ers better than the Celtics?

Also Garnett, Allen and Pierce don't know about winning in the playoffs yet a bunch of untested young kids do?

HighTimes
    HighTimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

In all seriousness to your joking post (I'll assume your joking). Why do those stats not mean anything? How do you know that Brand, Iguodala, Lou Williams, Holliday, Turner have more heart than the Celtics squad? You also know that Boston is scared of Philly?? Your ammazing man, you must make a lot of money on this game.

Maybe the Sixers win...I don't know yet because the game hasn't been played and my crystal ball is on the fritz. But to me it seems like your making a lot of assumptions there.

betcha_bottom$
    betcha_bottom$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

celtics are winning this game. Paul Pierce was really hobbled the first couple of games in boston, and this team has always risen to the occasion when their backs are against the wall (last season was different because rondo was playing with 1 arm). It's actually ridiculous how well they perform in crunch time. we've seen it time and time again over the past 5 years.

The celtics are known to get calls anyways against a majority of teams (except maybe Heat/lakers), especially at home. I don't like the line at -5.5 because of how close the games have been, but i'd be comfortable saying the celtics win by 4.

The celtics let up and played stupidly (horrible turnovers) and the crowd played a big factor in the sixers comeback in game 4. 9/10 Iguodola isn't hitting all those clutch 3s.

ML is a great bet. i preferred to buy it down to -3.5 and get -150.

The sixers are a bunch of kids mostly. experience will prevail

12 Last