Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

What changes for Lakers in Game 2?

I'm surprised people would be willing to back Lakers here...Sure OKC had enormous rest game 1, and Lakers were coming off an intense, tiring series, and OKC appeared to be shooting lights out, however...

OKC shot @ 53% while Lakers shot 10 less @ 43%. But an even important statistic here IMO is that Lakers shot a better % from downtown, and dropped 7 in (same as OKC). Now considering how good of a 3pt shooting team OKC team is and how horrific the Lakers are from distance, this will likely not be the case game 2 and OKC should very likely drop more 3's. So based on this, I don't think OKC shot as well as it would appear.

Another thing is, this was a 30 pt blowout (closer to 40 if starters didn't rest). Even if OKC doesn't shoot as well game 2, which they very well won't, they can still cover the -8 spread. The key thing that obviously hurt Lakers was the free throws, where OKC had twice as many. So the only way Lakers win or cover this spread is if that changes, and it's all dependent on Gasol and more importantly Bynum. By backing Lakers, you have to rely on a big game from the Lakers bigs and how involved they will be in the Lakers' offense. If Mike Brown can make these adjustments, and find a way to contain Westbrook, Lakers have a shot.

But considering all this, I would think OKC has the better chance of covering this game, as they simply have way more weapons than Lakers do.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Then I very much like Kobe under 29 pts

He's wasted

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

And if they don't play trough Gasol and Bynum they lose by 30, just like game 1. But the problem is Ibaka is guarding that old fukk Gasol and he can't even fart on offense

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Perkins may be out. Gametime decision.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    Perkins may be out. Gametime decision.
    If he's out, probably a no-play for this game.

I still like Thunder if he can even play limited minutes, as Collison and Mohammed can/have done a decent job with their presence in the paint.

bonestock
    bonestock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Hopefully Brown has figured that Kobrick should man up Westbrick, MWP on KD again, and when Harden comes off the bench send Barnes in of the bench to man him up. Limit getting caught on switches and high pick and rolls, Bynum should never be guarding a 1 or 2 18 ft out. Force OKC to play a perimeter game.
    Last edited by bonestock; 05-16-12 at 12:25 PM.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

slow the pace down, force OKC to play half-court ball. Emphasis on getting back rather than crashing the boards. More Kobe iso

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ agree