redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Lebron Chris Weber?

I am watching a top 25 of most overated players and Chris weber was number 5. The things they said about him were he was the most talented player they have seen come out, he could dominate a game but there was always something missing in the clutch. He was a player that should have won many rings but never won anything. Lebron is a much bigger figure than Weber obviously but because of the position he plays. Both are number one picks that have a missing clutch gene.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I'm hoping Lebron reaches the heights that Webber did. I've been anti-Lebron since he went for the shortcut in Miami.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because you're not clutch doesn't mean you're overated.

Webber was a top 25 player all time.

I don't see how Lebron and Webber are overated when they are both top 25 players all time...Just because neither are/were clutch?

Would I rather have Robert Horry or Chris Webber? One was "clutch"? Tough decision.

redsoxfreak91

Overrated is a term used for different extremes. Kwame Brown was overrated because he was a number 1 pick and had high expectations. He is still a decent basketball player better than others in the league but the expectations put on him make him overrated. Weber and Lebron are considered two of the best ever but cant close. Most others in the top 15 of all time have won championships and dont have huge question marks as to their close out ability and shyness of the big game situations. So player wise they are not overrated but when stacked up against their competion, they are overrated. Not that this can not change though with a ring or two for lebron.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Lebron probably best basketball player of generation

Webber not even a first ballot HOFer. Did he even win an MVP?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Lebron probably best basketball player of generation

Webber not even a first ballot HOFer. Did he even win an MVP?

lebron wins 3 mvps and is "overrated" just because some people think he isn't clutch.
    well, he was pretty darn clutch in the eastern conference finals last year vs the bulls when he pretty much single-handedly beat them (people have short memories).

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Lebron is a game changer- A 3 time NBA MVP- Not overrated- His accomplishments are acknowledged. Webber was a great player that could've been better. He's not in Lebron's class and wasn't as clutch as Lebron. How many times did LBJ get a lousy Cleveland team to 50 wins or more? People kill this guy because he was lousy in the 4th quarter last season. "Grasping for straws". Lebron James is already one of the all-time greats. 3 MVP's and more to come is proof in the pudding

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

lebron wins 3 mvps and is "overrated" just because some people think he isn't clutch.
    well, he was pretty darn clutch in the eastern conference finals last year vs the bulls when he pretty much single-handedly beat them (people have short memories).

I agree but right now, Kobe Bryant is the best player of this generation. The most clutch player in the game, hands down

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    I am watching a top 25 of most overated players and Chris weber was number 5. The things they said about him were he was the most talented player they have seen come out, he could dominate a game but there was always something missing in the clutch. He was a player that should have won many rings but never won anything. Lebron is a much bigger figure than Weber obviously but because of the position he plays. Both are number one picks that have a missing clutch gene.
    chris webber should've won many rings?

essentially played from 1993-2005, his peak years you had 8 champs - 3 bulls (jordan), 3 lakers (kobe/shaq), 2 spurs (duncan)

so you're saying chris webber should've won more titles during those years than jordan, kobe, shaq, or duncan?

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

He actually travelled on two of the biggest shots he took in that series, but the refs missed both. The "greatest player alive" and he shuffled his feet needlessly on a standard jump shot. He is the definition of "not clutch". He belongs up there in conversations about chokers with Favre, Vanderjagt, Kaeding, Weber, Malone, etc. Please go back and watch the 4th quarter of each Boston game in 2010 and Dallas game in 2011 if you doubt me. Honestly watch those games a second time and then let's talk.
    Last edited by SparJMU; 05-15-12 at 09:57 AM.

PHyldahl
    PHyldahl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

05-31-2002
    please don't milwaukee mike. show some respect.

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Lebron is a game changer- A 3 time NBA MVP- Not overrated- His accomplishments are acknowledged. Webber was a great player that could've been better. He's not in Lebron's class and wasn't as clutch as Lebron. How many times did LBJ get a lousy Cleveland team to 50 wins or more? People kill this guy because he was lousy in the 4th quarter last season. "Grasping for straws". Lebron James is already one of the all-time greats. 3 MVP's and more to come is proof in the pudding
    This is a very good post. You also could have mentioned that the guy who said Weber was a top 25 player of all time is completely out of his freaking mind. I mean its pure jibberish to say Weber was a top 25 all time player. This person must not have watched a single basketball game before 1997.

Lebron is an amazing athlete. He is top 20 of all time even without a championship, and he will become top 10 once he proves he can beat the best in the West and get a ring (which he won't be able to do this year, the Western Conference is winning this year's NBA title).

However, he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets as far as failing in the 4th quarter. Please re-watch games 5 and 6 against Boston in 2010. Please re-watch game 5 and 6 against Dallas in 2011. Even go back and watch the Bulls series he "dominated". He legitimately choked down the stretch and the refs missed the call. Lebron is an all time great, but holy crap does he fade from dominance when it matters most.

redsoxfreak91

I am not taking away that Lebron is a lot better than Weber and if he retired today he would be top 20. Hes gonna finish in the top five of all time not matter what seeing he is just now hitting the peak of his career. All I'm comparing is how both were extremely hyped out of high school and into the draft and yet both lack that mental toughness that others they are being compared to have. For example; is Lebron overated when being compared to Kobe and especially Jordan...ya he is...but is he overrated as being called the best right now...no

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Webber not even in a discussion with Lebron

Lebron does have to step it up though in the big time games that are coming up

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

People kill lebron but don't acknowledge that he has never had to work for anything. He has been the best player on the court everyday of his basketball life. Think about it, if you go to work everyday andy nothing is ever too tough for you. do you better or do you get fat?

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Lebron does not inspire me to watch basketball at all. end.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Lebron does not inspire me to watch basketball at all. end.
    and chris webber did?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by PHyldahl View Post
    05-31-2002
    please don't milwaukee mike. show some respect.
    if someone is going to make a ridiculous statement then i'm going to laugh. webber was a hell of a player but to say he should've won "many" rings (and didn't do so because of choking in the stretch!?) is so much of a stretch...
    refs cost the kings (and bucks at the time) more than anything webber did or didn't do

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Lebrons career isnt even over yet and youre comparing him to Webber? He was a nice player but he by no means is even top 100 ever. Im guessing he is considered not clutch mainly for the timeout fiasco against UNC in 93.

If Lebron doesnt win any rings you can lump him with Barkley and Malone. Real good but no rings. Those are top 25 caliber players...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

there is just no denying that LeBron was hiding away from the ball in the 4th quarters of the NBA Finals last year like a scared little bitch. he would get the ball and then hold it for a second then fire it away to someone else, and not just Wade or Bosh. he just didn't want that ball in his hands! WHO DOES THAT?

Magic?
    Bird?
    Jordan?
    Kobe?
    Shaq?
    Duncan?
    even Dirk never went out like that.

NO

but he did.

he knew the Mavs had a good idea how to beat them and play defense and he didn't want any part of the late games so as to try to avoid "being the guy who missed the shot"... well LeBron, how'd that work out for you?

He did the same thing at the end of his very last playoff series with the Cavs vs Boston, he didn't do jack or try and hid from the ball most times... he quit in that series on the Cavs.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think LeBron is over-rated or not "clutch" you watch way to much ESPN or read way to many blogs

WATCH THE MAN PLAY ... he is the greatest you will see for a long time

He beat my Bulls last year alone and this year nothing is going to stop them then everyone will make fun of him for only having 1 ring I can't wait

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    If you think LeBron is over-rated or not "clutch" you watch way to much ESPN or read way to many blogs

WATCH THE MAN PLAY ... he is the greatest you will see for a long time

He beat my Bulls last year alone and this year nothing is going to stop them then everyone will make fun of him for only having 1 ring I can't wait

People hate because he's not on their team and they all know that if Lebron really wanted to he could destroy their team by himself...But everyone is correct, he doesn't have that instinct, but they all know he could flip the switch and take out any team he wanted to.

That is why they hate...Lebron is the greatest talent and best player in the league right now and he will be for the next 5-8 years without a doubt....And the only thing that has held him back from winning a ring is himself...maybe he's just been toying with us and will leave Miami after losing this year, go to Charlotte Bobcats and win them 5 straight rings just to show us that he didn't really need to make a "super team" in order to win....That would be great
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    People hate because he's not on their team and they all know that if Lebron really wanted to he could destroy their team by himself...But everyone is correct, he doesn't have that instinct, but they all know he could flip the switch and take out any team he wanted to.

That is why they hate...Lebron is the greatest talent and best player in the league right now and he will be for the next 5-8 years without a doubt....And the only thing that has held him back from winning a ring is himself...maybe he's just been toying with us and will leave Miami after losing this year, go to Charlotte Bobcats and win them 5 straight rings just to show us that he didn't really need to make a "super team" in order to win....That would be great
    ...he went to MIA for a reason, he can't be the man in the Finals... wants Wade to do it

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    ...he went to MIA for a reason, he can't be the man in the Finals... wants Wade to do it

Hey buddy.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Webber a top 25 player. Lol. Lets see how many players we can name that were better? Each poster name someone. I'll start with Michael Jordan. (I think we can get this list to maybe 200)

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    Chris Webber a top 25 player. Lol. Lets see how many players we can name that were better? Each poster name someone. I'll start with Michael Jordan. (I think we can get this list to maybe 200)

Clyde Drexler.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shaq

Easily can name 100+ players

RoadDog

Would be fun to just have everyone name one player and have this go on for pages. Chris Webber top 25

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Would be fun to just have everyone name one player and have this go on for pages. Chris Webber top 25

mitch richmond.

RoadDog

mitch richmond.
    I always associate the two as the same player haha. Weird you mentioned him.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I always thought walt williams and mitch richmond were the same players.

Maybe that was just because the Sac Kings were my favorite team to play as on NBA on nintendo back then.

RoadDog

I always thought walt williams and mitch richmond were the same players.

Maybe that was just because the Sac Kings were my favorite team to play as on NBA on nintendo back then.
    Same with me. Mitch Richmond best player on NBA Jam. Could do it all.

SparJMU

Man it is getting easier and easier to see Lebron's true colors these days. For all the people who say Lebron is not a choker, would any of you like to discuss last night's events? When are you people going to see the light? How many more events like this will it take?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

People are blind. Also most lebron supporters you'll see are under 28 and haven't really seen past talent close

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    People are blind. Also most lebron supporters you'll see are under 28 and haven't really seen past talent close

How old are you pal?

12 Last