UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Why dont the lakers utilize Gasol anymore?

Seems the last year theyve really gotten away from this. I dont know if its cause mike brown had them slowly go away from him. I havent sern gasol catch the ball in the post in ages. Yet at the end of the game theyll throw it into bynum everytime when gasol has much more moves, passing ability, and a lot better free throw shooter.

When kobe was out in the beginning of the second and bynum was on the bench the lakers still dont give gasol the ball unless hes running through the lane or at the elbow for a jumper. I just dont get it???

During their championship runs they were pounding it to him in the paint.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

mike brown is an idiot?

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    mike brown is an idiot?
    Coaching can only be blamed so much. Not like hes calling every play. At some point gasol needs to park himself in the post and demand the ball. Im not sure whats changed. Thats where he was most comfortable his entire career.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

I believe the term is "Kobe".

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

could have something to do with his miserable performance last playoffs and bynum emerging as the 2nd scorer.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I believe the term is "Kobe".
    Wrong again. Kobe was the main person always facilitating to gasol. Bynum has taken over that spot on the left block but that dosent mean gasol should never touch the ball in the paint ever again. The guy is 7 foot for cryin out loud.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Why doesn't Gasol utilize himself more is a better question.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gasol shoots to far outside last bunch of games. He sucks when he does that. Lakers suck outside of Kobe anyway.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Lakers have the best threesome in the league and they don't even know it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

He plays when he feels like it. Just like u guys who go to work. Some days ya work a little harder then others. he just goes to work then gets his paycheck at the end of the week no matter how he performs. He has his championship. Nothin left but to just collect a check now with minimal effort.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Wrong again. Kobe was the main person always facilitating to gasol. Bynum has taken over that spot on the left block but that dosent mean gasol should never touch the ball in the paint ever again. The guy is 7 foot for cryin out loud.
    I agree with you 100%, but we all know the Lakers go as Kobe goes. Some nights he facilitates, some nights he takes 30+ shots. Gasol isn't Shaq (personality wise); he won't take the lead and demand the ball down low, he'll cede to Kobe every time. As immature as he is, at least Bynum bitches when he doesn't get shots. Doesn't matter, if they get by the Thunder they'll get killed by the Spurs.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Kobe hinders his team more sometimes than he helps.

I don't think that was ever true of MJ... Not even with the Wizards, lol

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Phil jackson > Mike Brown

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

when you have Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum.... you should be able to get out of the 2nd round...

I think you can safely say those 3 are top 25 NBA talents....

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    when you have Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum.... you should be able to get out of the 2nd round...

I think you can safely say those 3 are top 25 NBA talents....
    I can name 25 players better than Gasol.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Bryant and Gasol need to assist each other more often.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Two Words: Mike Brown

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mike Brown
    Gasol seems to not care anymore

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Why doesn't Gasol utilize himself more is a better question.

why is he shooting 3's all of a sudden? he's gone fukkin soft and the league just beats on him so he disappears

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Two Words: Mike Brown
    Thank you.

Here is what I came here to say. "Mike Fuckin Brown"

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I agree with you 100%, but we all know the Lakers go as Kobe goes. Some nights he facilitates, some nights he takes 30+ shots. Gasol isn't Shaq (personality wise); he won't take the lead and demand the ball down low, he'll cede to Kobe every time. As immature as he is, at least Bynum bitches when he doesn't get shots. Doesn't matter, if they get by the Thunder they'll get killed by the Spurs.
    the lakers success hinges more on gasol/bynum than kobe

grumpy64
    grumpy64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Kobe hinders his team more sometimes than he helps.

I don't think that was ever true of MJ... Not even with the Wizards, lol
    despite his talent kobe is a punk. He torpedoed his own team a few years back because he was jealous of Shaq he couldn't stand being the second best player on his own team

grumpy64
    grumpy64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I can name 25 players better than Gasol.
    not in the low post.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Lakers don't have Marc Gasol instead they got his joke of a brother turned transvestite.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

kobe, bynum, gasol - i think they all hate eachother to the point if one of them died the other two would actually be thrilled
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HoulihansTX

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes too slow to defend pick and roll.

b

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gasol's Brother on Memphis is 10x better and a tougher guy

Marc is overrated

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Pau needs to be the focal point down low. He is always passing to Bynum from the highland low post. He is not looking for his shot. He doesn't look motivated at this point of his career.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

this team played 'better' without Kobe on the floor. As a TEAM anyway. Obviously having Kobe on the floor helps as long as he isnt doing his typical stupidity, but guys werent scared to get yelled at or crucified if they took a shot and missed.

That is why the Lakers are where they are now, Kobe Bryant. I have said it for years, name one legit free agent or player in general that has come to LA to play for them? Beyond the usual lip service nonsense. The answer is easy....zero. NO ONE wants to play with that guy, no one. So until he is gone LA will suck. After he retires LA probably wont be too good either for awhile because they have traded away every draft pick for the past decade other than Bynum who is a frigging loser head case and not worth shit. So even that building block is cracked.

This was the year they should have gotten these guys mixed in more, but instead Kobe chased the scoring title and pissed them off as usual. People wonder why Bynum played so monster when Kobe wasnt there. People are dumb. Now is it possible if Kobe left Bynum would step up? Maybe but he isnt good enough to carry a team and making him 'the man' would only work for so long so they would have to geta near perfect fit for him to feel like he was still the man but a guy good enough to play with him to carry his mental case ass.

Gasol still has it he just doesnt care anymore. I can imagine he has the same mentality everyone else does..."OK Kobe you are the greatest show us". Thats why Kobe is a bad team mate. He doesnt work guys in when he is feeling it, then blames them if they dont step up when he is struggling. These guys arent Shaq who was good enough to flip that switch at Kobes whim. But there arent many guys like Shaq around, none right now anyway.

Brown had a chance early to reinvent the mind set of this team, but he let Kobe dictate what they were doing, so I guess ultimately it was Browns failure but kobes fault.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    Thank you.

Here is what I came here to say. "Mike Fuckin Brown"
    What the fuk does Mike Brown have to do with a guy who is down right lazy and plays when he wants to play? Should he publicly embarrasses him? Gasol is the type where it might hurt his feelings and he will get worse. Funny guys here. If this were a black player he would be called lazy. Since it is a white guy it is the black coaches fault. Priceless.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    this team played 'better' without Kobe on the floor. As a TEAM anyway. Obviously having Kobe on the floor helps as long as he isnt doing his typical stupidity, but guys werent scared to get yelled at or crucified if they took a shot and missed.

That is why the Lakers are where they are now, Kobe Bryant. I have said it for years, name one legit free agent or player in general that has come to LA to play for them? Beyond the usual lip service nonsense. The answer is easy....zero. NO ONE wants to play with that guy, no one. So until he is gone LA will suck. After he retires LA probably wont be too good either for awhile because they have traded away every draft pick for the past decade other than Bynum who is a frigging loser head case and not worth shit. So even that building block is cracked.

This was the year they should have gotten these guys mixed in more, but instead Kobe chased the scoring title and pissed them off as usual. People wonder why Bynum played so monster when Kobe wasnt there. People are dumb. Now is it possible if Kobe left Bynum would step up? Maybe but he isnt good enough to carry a team and making him 'the man' would only work for so long so they would have to geta near perfect fit for him to feel like he was still the man but a guy good enough to play with him to carry his mental case ass.

Gasol still has it he just doesnt care anymore. I can imagine he has the same mentality everyone else does..."OK Kobe you are the greatest show us". Thats why Kobe is a bad team mate. He doesnt work guys in when he is feeling it, then blames them if they dont step up when he is struggling. These guys arent Shaq who was good enough to flip that switch at Kobes whim. But there arent many guys like Shaq around, none right now anyway.

Brown had a chance early to reinvent the mind set of this team, but he let Kobe dictate what they were doing, so I guess ultimately it was Browns failure but kobes fault.
    Kobe's fault? Isn't he one ring behind Jordan?

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

Hes turning into Nowitzki!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Kobe's fault? Isn't he one ring behind Jordan?
    If jordon had a guy like shaq he would have a dozen. Just like Kobe should, but he drove out shaq and he drove out phil, but phil came back because he was pussy whipped and got his 10 ring to pass red and then got out of dodge.

nyctian
    nyctian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Hey ....wake up....where is the lakers magic??????? Is this the dying moment of lakers... Once again lakers wake up......feel your the CHAMP.....

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Why dont the lakers utilize Gasol anymore?

because Gasol is a lazy oyster, dont you watch the fukking games sir?